► Official APEX Wheels Showroom Gallery Thread

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Maybe $700-800 if you're really lucky and patient. However, I'd say the appearance alone is worth the difference. I think I'll just PC mine and keep as spares - they are pretty great (for stock wheels)... just ugly as sin in two-tone IMO. :confused:
100% agree! So I need to powder coat ($250 per wheel) or buy a superior product. Hence the Apex dilemma. It’s a good problem to have. I ain’t complaining 😂
Sponsored

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Powder coating shouldn't cost that much... I've been quoted $400-500 for the set. Granted that was a year ago... so it could be much more now. Hopefully it would be a bit less than the inflation on a pound of bacon in that same time. :rolleyes:

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
100% agree! So I need to powder coat ($250 per wheel) or buy a superior product. Hence the Apex dilemma. It’s a good problem to have. I ain’t complaining 😂
I toyed around with the idea of using OEM wheels to get to the track or to use on rainy track days.

Glad I kept them around, found out that I needed a roll bar with 100tw tires to run an upcoming track sprint with the SCCA. Going from Apex back to stock is definitely a downgrade in looks and performance.

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
@APEXRaceParts Any idea when the VS5-RS will be back. Just saw you have the SM-10 in stock. Need wheels ASAP and would love the VS-5s. If not Ill just go with the SM-10s. Thanks!
Which sizes/finishes are you looking at? We have a few of the 19" VS-5RS options in stock currently. The 18's haven't yet arrived and I think the front 18x10 ET30s aren't displaying on their product page correctly which I'm working on correcting.

-Tom

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Will you guys probably be doing another group buy/Black Friday sale possibly for the 19 in VS-5RS?

tanabersx

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, RAM Rebel 2021, 2018 BMW X5 e-Drive
Which sizes/finishes are you looking at? We have a few of the 19" VS-5RS options in stock currently. The 18's haven't yet arrived and I think the front 18x10 ET30s aren't displaying on their product page correctly which I'm working on correcting.

-Tom
Thanks for the reply! Im looking for the VS-5RS 19x9.5/11 satin black. Ready to buy! Please have some in stock! :confused1:

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Will you guys probably be doing another group buy/Black Friday sale possibly for the 19 in VS-5RS?
Group Buy: Probably not for a while. They've just released and we don't have enough on hand for a full GB. These wheels are also very popular for Supra and the G8X m3/4 so I don't want to continually discount them or delay customer orders because of the group buy process. They will certainly be discounted for Black Friday though!

Thanks for the reply! Im looking for the VS-5RS 19x9.5/11 satin black. Ready to buy! Please have some in stock! :confused1:
They aren't in stock currently. The Satin Black sold out almost immediately and right now its looking like we won't have any until December. The smart move there would be to back order them during black friday if you're OK waiting. Otherwise, we have other finishes in stock and ready to ship.

-Tom

tanabersx

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Group Buy: Probably not for a while. They've just released and we don't have enough on hand for a full GB. These wheels are also very popular for Supra and the G8X m3/4 so I don't want to continually discount them or delay customer orders because of the group buy process. They will certainly be discounted for Black Friday though!

They aren't in stock currently. The Satin Black sold out almost immediately and right now its looking like we won't have any until December. The smart move there would be to back order them during black friday if you're OK waiting. Otherwise, we have other finishes in stock and ready to ship.

-Tom
Thanks Tom! No discount codes for forum members? :dunno:

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Thanks Tom! No discount codes for forum members? :dunno:
Not at the moment. We don't tend to provide forum-specific discounts to keep our prices consistent across the board. Several of our Flow Formed SM-10s are on sale at the moment for discount hunters.

-Tom

tanabersx

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not at the moment. We don't tend to provide forum-specific discounts to keep our prices consistent across the board. Several of our Flow Formed SM-10s are on sale at the moment for discount hunters.

-Tom
Ok, thanks. Went ahead and purchased the SM-10’s. Cant wait for the VS-5RS. Will probably change to those when they are back in stock.

krumpir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Any chance for VS-5RS's in a 18x10.5 or 18x10.7 spec? Just like the Titans or TE37s so people who want a square 295 setup can run it no problem

tanabersx

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You won't be disappointed with the SM-10's. I got them last year and they get loads of compliments!
Thanks! I'm definitely in the need of wider wheels and tires. Got some mods going on and the stock Michellins are nonexistent. Got some R888R's for those SM-10s. Can't wait for them to arrive plus they have a great price right now for the wheels.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Somewhat tangential to thread... but I'll show 'em when they're on - so maybe not.

I'm wondering if any physics nerds (or track mechanics) could weigh in on the pros/cons of matched diameter vs. factory difference. I'll elaborate with numbers based on 19" SM-10's because that's what's going on (honestly it's the same 19" so whatever... but subtle differences based on widths):

Option 1: Front (9.5") 265/35 - Rear (11") 305/30 - this makes the rolling diameter almost exactly the same for front and rear: 668mm front and 666mm rear :headbang: Obviously this appeals for a variety of reasons... but mostly because the sidewall height is nearly identical.

Option 2: Front 275/35 & Rear 295/35 - this makes both larger (taller) by a bit - but keeps the difference in size equal to that of the OEM setup. In this case 675mm front and 689mm rear - a difference of 14mm, larger rears.

The factory 19" setup is the same difference, but smaller diameter : 255/35 & 275/55 = 661mm & 675mm F/R (14mm larger rears).

I realize this is mostly academic - I doubt either setup would be a big problem, but I assume all the handling and safety systems are tuned to expect the rear wheels to turn at a rate slightly slower than the fronts at all times due to larger diameter.

Since people are running square setups without issues, I'm planning on going with Option 1 - which is a recommended fitment. I'd just be curious on whether traction control engages a bit more often on similar/identical F/R setups. At a guess, everyone running square setups is track-focused and likely has theirs TCS turned off all the time?

Sorry for the novel. ;)