2.0 Resonator Deletes

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 2.0 21 Camry TRD 18 RX350 19 Outback
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone with a 2.0 has done a just a resonator delete as their only mod that would affect the exhaust sound. If yes, what changes did you notice? Videos are appreciated! I cannot find much out there on 2.0 resonator deletes. Thanks
Sponsored

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I couldn't find anything on this either, so I went to my muffler shop and had them do this. Definitely more tone in Sport and much more pops at 4k and above. ;b Normal mode sounds identical to me.
Zero drone, as with the stock setup. For $60 bucks, this is a no-brainer in my book. I will get a full active exhaust next year for BIG SOUND, so this is just to tied me over till then =)

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Probably not a bad little solution until doing a dp or full exhaust. I did it on my 3.0 and almost 0 difference, its pretty big but fully empty and basically no perforations, it as straight through as it gets. for what it is worth on my friends 430i, same engine, we did res and secondary cat delete and the difference was abt 15-20%

OP
OP
DesertSupra2.0

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I couldn't find anything on this either, so I went to my muffler shop and had them do this. Definitely more tone in Sport and much more pops at 4k and above. ;b Normal mode sounds identical to me.
Zero drone, as with the stock setup. For $60 bucks, this is a no-brainer in my book. I will get a full active exhaust next year for BIG SOUND, so this is just to tied me over till then =)

Thanks for the great info, pics and video! I am definitely going to do this as well as I agree it's a no brainer. Do you know which exhaust you want yet? If yes, what brand and type (full, catback, or axle back)? Thanks again!

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Thanks for the great info, pics and video! I am definitely going to do this as well as I agree it's a no brainer. Do you know which exhaust you want yet? If yes, what brand and type (full, catback, or axle back)? Thanks again!
My pleasure bud! For exhaust, I'm still undecided. The Fi looks and sounds awesome, but it's pricey. Not sure if I'll upgrade the dp, especially with so much randomness in how some people get CELs and others never zero issues. I can clear codes with my JB4 of course, but if it did it all the time, that would be a pain. I'll have to do more homework on the downpipe for sure.

OP
OP
DesertSupra2.0

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@R_R8TED you inspired me to get the resonator delete done. The result is very similar to yours except the car is bone stock. You are correct, this is a no brainer for less than $100.

morfhious3

First Name
hal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
evo x, isf,explorer eco boost
so when you delete the resonator, you would be adding a pipe and what would be the diameter size and length?

OP
OP
DesertSupra2.0

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
so when you delete the resonator, you would be adding a pipe and what would be the diameter size and length?
I had a local muffler shop do it. They soldered on the new pipe which I think was the same diameter of the existing pipe.

morfhious3

First Name
hal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
evo x, isf,explorer eco boost
any body know the diameter size of the pipe to replace the resonator?

SingleTurboMKIV

First Name
Ferret
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1997 Toyota Supra, 2021 Toyota Supra 2.0
I had this done to my 2.0. Resonator delete + Muffler delete. I'll probably end up getting a catless dp in the future, or maybe just have a custom one installed for now until I do the swap.

Sponsored