2.0 Supra have landed at U.S. dealers

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Not sure if you checked out the ads completely but this is below the section that has pictures in the description section: Really, 2.0 "6cylinder"?????

I am surprised Toyota even shipped Supras to those locations...nothing against IL, but there is NOTHING out there......now i know where to go to get my Supra......about 4.5 hr drive

"

• 2.0L 6-Cylinder Turbo Gas Engine
Chances are they saw 2.0 but didnt realize that the Supra is now also coming in a 4cyl. I am curious however if maybe its actually a 3.0 and priced incorrectly. I'd stay on top of it. A 3.0 for 40k would be literally stealing. I drove 4 hours for my A91 priced at invoice.
This article believes it's an error within the site's system.

Why Are All These Toyota Supras Listed Incorrectly?
https://jalopnik.com/why-are-all-these-toyota-supras-listed-incorrectly-1845984311
Sponsored

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
Mine was listed as the 3.0 6 cylinder but knew it was a mistake since the MSRP was at like 47k. Before TTL they dropped it down to 40k though.

As far as daily driven, yeah it's good. Couldn't expect anything wild it's a BMW 4 cylinder. So it's typical. It's quick and fairly nimble. (not as nimble as my Fiesta ST).

Honestly, come to think of it. When I picked it up it may have been like the first 2.0 anywhere. I mean I like it very enjoyable.

Since they're aren't many performance parts, per se, specifically for THIS B48 I've been picking up parts for other BMW F30s B48 and will see how those fit. I have a feeling some might others might not.

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did you think about having one shipped from out of state? The cost is only like $800-$1k or so.
I saw and didn't seem like much of a deal either. Was still going to be any less than trying to get one locally.

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
I recently purchased a 2021 2.0L Supra as well. The MSRP was $48K (included; Safety & Tech and a few little add-on options) and negotiated it down to $40,800.00 plus tax, title & license. I'm sure with a little more haggling someone could get into a loaded 2.0L for under $40K.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
As far as daily driven, yeah it's good. Couldn't expect anything wild it's a BMW 4 cylinder.
I recently purchased a 2021 2.0L Supra as well
Supra 2.0 owners, would like to hear 2.0 owner opinions now that you have the 2.0 Supra. Tired of the online "reviews". am very interested in the Supra overall and even though the 3.0 has the power, i am curious as to the opinions of "actual" 2.0 owners. Would you buy the 2.0 again? Has it lived up to expectations both for performance and daily driver? I plan to purchase in a few months and it will be a DD but would love to know if the 2.0 really stacks up. Have an old beater for the nasty weather.

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
Supra 2.0 owners, would like to hear 2.0 owner opinions now that you have the 2.0 Supra. Tired of the online "reviews". am very interested in the Supra overall and even though the 3.0 has the power, i am curious as to the opinions of "actual" 2.0 owners. Would you buy the 2.0 again? Has it lived up to expectations both for performance and daily driver? I plan to purchase in a few months and it will be a DD but would love to know if the 2.0 really stacks up. Have an old beater for the nasty weather.
Iā€™m in Wisconsin, so Iā€™ve only had limited seat time in the car due to poor weather. First off, the 2.0L isnā€™t slow. There have been people running respectable low 13 sec 1/4 mile times bone stock which makes it quicker than comparable vehicles in the price range (ie; Civic Type-R, GTI Autobahn, Velostor N, etc)

The interior is very nice, seats are comfortable and itā€™d be a great daily driver if you live in an area that Is conducive to RWD year round. The 2.0 Supra checked all of the boxes for what I was looking for. My plans for the car is to mod and use it as an Auto-X / weekend track car.

Do you have any specific questions that youā€™re looking to have answered?

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
First off, Thanks big time for the response!!!! My eye is on a 3.0 but i am not interested in going to the track (kudos to those folks that get the opportunity), not big into tuning although i think the 2.0 is the better canvas for that..... I am interested in the Supra platform overall, but if my "bang for the buck" potential is going to be higher in the 2.0, that is what i will shoot for. I currently have a 2.0 Stinger and although the car has a level of "fun", it's biggest problem is WEIGHT. even the RWD-only version is a little heavier than the 3.0 Supra so the 2.0 should be a blast even in "less power" form....It would mainly be a drive to work vehicle with an occasional weekend road trip.

Would it stack up and be worth it for that purpose in your opinion? It is a "costly" 4-cyl.

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
First off, Thanks big time for the response!!!! My eye is on a 3.0 but i am not interested in going to the track (kudos to those folks that get the opportunity), not big into tuning although i think the 2.0 is the better canvas for that..... I am interested in the Supra platform overall, but if my "bang for the buck" potential is going to be higher in the 2.0, that is what i will shoot for. I currently have a 2.0 Stinger and although the car has a level of "fun", it's biggest problem is WEIGHT. even the RWD-only version is a little heavier than the 3.0 Supra so the 2.0 should be a blast even in "less power" form....It would mainly be a drive to work vehicle with an occasional weekend road trip.

Would it stack up and be worth it for that purpose in your opinion? It is a "costly" 4-cyl.
That's really a question you need to answer for yourself. You should test drive both the 2.0 and 3.0 and determine which version you feel "checks the most boxes" so to speak. I bought my 2.0L with a specific purpose in mind and it's a spare vehicle.

Currently there is not much available in way of performance mods for the 2.0L. If this is going to be your everyday daily driver and you're looking for max performance...You may want to opt for the 3.0L. Both versions are great cars and I'm sure more mods will be available for the 2.0L in the next six months to a year.

Contact multiple dealers and start negotiating with all of them...Work the best deal possible and Let them fight for your business.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
You should test drive both the 2.0 and 3.0 and determine which version you feel "checks the most boxes" so to speak
Makes the most sense. As i said, getting the info from an "actual" 2.0 owner was the main objective.

Most reviewers have something to gain.....actual owners, spent their money

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
Makes the most sense. As i said, getting the info from an "actual" 2.0 owner was the main objective.

Most reviewers have something to gain.....actual owners, spent their money
Obviously money also comes into to play as well. It took me close to two weeks of haggling with multiple dealers to get to a price I felt was decent on the 2.0L. Mine had an MSRP of $48K and I purchased it for $40,800.00 not including tax, title and license. Also take into consideration that Supras aren't exactly flying off the lot here in Wisconsin during winter.

I'm pretty sure, someone could get into the $38K-$39K range on a loaded 2.0L, but it'll depend on the right dealer, the right car and being patient. Good luck to you with whichever route you choose.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Patience is the one thing on my side right now.......even if i do a couple of test drives, it will be a minimum of six months or so before signing on the dotted line......just have it planned that way. Want to do all the "recon" i can before walking into the dealer.

Azure

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looking for Supra
they are listed correctly on CarGurus at least. I am able to filter on I4 and I6 and trim, and the same number of I4's are the 2.0

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
Mine was listed as the 3.0 6 cylinder but knew it was a mistake since the MSRP was at like 47k. Before TTL they dropped it down to 40k though.

As far as daily driven, yeah it's good. Couldn't expect anything wild it's a BMW 4 cylinder. So it's typical. It's quick and fairly nimble. (not as nimble as my Fiesta ST).

Honestly, come to think of it. When I picked it up it may have been like the first 2.0 anywhere. I mean I like it very enjoyable.

Since they're aren't many performance parts, per se, specifically for THIS B48 I've been picking up parts for other BMW F30s B48 and will see how those fit. I have a feeling some might others might not.
I'd be curious to hear a comparison between your Fiesta ST and the 2.0 I had a FiST as well a while back and thats quite a nimble car. Both cars are within 1" of each other in wheelbase length however i wonder if the "nimbleness" you feel in the FiST is due to when the turbo kicks in compared to the Supra and also due to it being FWD. How you drive FWD compared to RWD really makes a difference in feel.

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'd be curious to hear a comparison between your Fiesta ST and the 2.0 I had a FiST as well a while back and thats quite a nimble car. Both cars are within 1" of each other in wheelbase length however i wonder if the "nimbleness" you feel in the FiST is due to when the turbo kicks in compared to the Supra and also due to it being FWD. How you drive FWD compared to RWD really makes a difference in feel.
Yes and no. Although the wheelbase on the Supra is slightly longer.

The nimbleness of the ST is different than the Supra. Being that it's almost 500 lbs lighter than the Supra. To me the ST felt more tossable in the canyons as it has a bit of oversteer. Which I haven't had any real time in the canyons with the Supra yet, but I feel the acceleration will cause some understeer.

The benefit of having almost 200 lbs lighter than the 3.0 and then having about 300lbs/tf of torque really helps the car out a lot. Being that it's a 4cyl and and relatively close to 3k lbs. It very docile as a daily. Trunk space isn't that great but neither was my ST, lol.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
Yes and no. Although the wheelbase on the Supra is slightly longer.

The nimbleness of the ST is different than the Supra. Being that it's almost 500 lbs lighter than the Supra. To me the ST felt more tossable in the canyons as it has a bit of oversteer. Which I haven't had any real time in the canyons with the Supra yet, but I feel the acceleration will cause some understeer.

The benefit of having almost 200 lbs lighter than the 3.0 and then having about 300lbs/tf of torque really helps the car out a lot. Being that it's a 4cyl and and relatively close to 3k lbs. It very docile as a daily. Trunk space isn't that great but neither was my ST, lol.
Oh tahts true i forgot about the weight difference. I'm curious if the 2.0 does have understeer. For me in my 3.0 i havnt actually encountered any. If anything i found it wanted to oversteer if i just gave it a bit more gas. However the weight balance is different in the 2.0 and it runs smaller wheels so i wonder how that all comes into play.
Sponsored