The "Unofficial" Pricing U.S. 2020 Supra models!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogglo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS
the rear end of this car is so good even if you driving a super car you will want to check it out. which makes the Supra even faster than a super car.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So, toyota over priced their car? Here is the spread. Look.

Merc AMG C43 362 bhp 3,725 lbs $55,900
Merc AMG C63 469 bhp 4,074 lbs $67,500
BMW M4 425 bhp 3,620 lbs $69,150
BMW M2 370 bhp
BMW M2 comp 405 bhp 3,600 lbs $58,900
Alpha Romeo 4c 237 hp 2,465 lbs $66,900
Porsche 718 Cay 300 bhp 3, 0XXlbs $56,900
Porsche 718 S 350 bhp 2,988lbs $69,300
Honda CTR 306 bhp 3,117 lbs $35,700
Nissan 370z 332 bhp 3,232 lbs $29,990
Nissan GTR 565 bhp 3,836 lbs $99,990
Lexus RCF 467 bhp 4,037 lbs $73,875
Mustang GT - 435 bhp or 460 bhp 3,532 lbs to 3,825 lbs $39,355
Mustang GTE - 415 bhp/444 bhp
Mustang GT350 - 526 bhp 3,761 lbs $67,137
Dodge Scat pack - 485 hp 4,323 lbs $39,995
Dodge Hellcat - 707 hp 4,500 lbs $60,350
Chevy Camaro LT1 - 455 bhp 3,685 lbs $61,500
Chevy Camaro LT4 - 650 bhp 3,760 lbs $71,295

To help cut cost and R&D was the primary reason why there was a collaboration in the first place. Why are they pricing themselves out of the competition?

No, Toyota is walking the to bank laughing.

From a spec point of view, Toyota is competing against the Nissan 370z.
From a price point of view (at 55k-60k), they are competing against the C43, BMW M2, 718 Cayman, and more.

Im sorry. What are you thinking, toyota? You basically are releasing another over priced, trash bin put together 370z.
Calling it a Resurrection of a legend is blasphemy.
My dude, do we have to teach you this lesson again?

How many times we are going to speak on hypothetical specs that will be confirmed tomorrow? How many times you are going to reference an ancient platform no one is buying anymore and is left behind of the competition.

Cause god forbid we solely looked for hp at a cheaper price because the dodge challenger hellcat would have made all automakers just stop trying to make cars wouldn't it. Tske a deep breath of outside air and be away from your keyboard. Come 9:30 EST, there should be no more secrets or teases, only numbers we can debate then

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
So, toyota over priced their car? Here is the spread. Look.

Merc AMG C43 362 bhp 3,725 lbs $55,900
Merc AMG C63 469 bhp 4,074 lbs $67,500
BMW M4 425 bhp 3,620 lbs $69,150
BMW M2 370 bhp
BMW M2 comp 405 bhp 3,600 lbs $58,900
Alpha Romeo 4c 237 hp 2,465 lbs $66,900
Porsche 718 Cay 300 bhp 3, 0XXlbs $56,900
Porsche 718 S 350 bhp 2,988lbs $69,300
Honda CTR 306 bhp 3,117 lbs $35,700
Nissan 370z 332 bhp 3,232 lbs $29,990
Nissan GTR 565 bhp 3,836 lbs $99,990
Lexus RCF 467 bhp 4,037 lbs $73,875
Mustang GT - 435 bhp or 460 bhp 3,532 lbs to 3,825 lbs $39,355
Mustang GTE - 415 bhp/444 bhp
Mustang GT350 - 526 bhp 3,761 lbs $67,137
Dodge Scat pack - 485 hp 4,323 lbs $39,995
Dodge Hellcat - 707 hp 4,500 lbs $60,350
Chevy Camaro LT1 - 455 bhp 3,685 lbs $61,500
Chevy Camaro LT4 - 650 bhp 3,760 lbs $71,295

To help cut cost and R&D was the primary reason why there was a collaboration in the first place. Why are they pricing themselves out of the competition?

No, Toyota is walking the to bank laughing.

From a spec point of view, Toyota is competing against the Nissan 370z.
From a price point of view (at 55k-60k), they are competing against the C43, BMW M2, 718 Cayman, and more.

Im sorry. What are you thinking, toyota? You basically are releasing another over priced, trash bin put together 370z.
Calling it a Resurrection of a legend is blasphemy.

Yawn....

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s

How many times we are going to speak on hypothetical specs that will be confirmed tomorrow? How many times you are going to reference an ancient platform no one is buying anymore and is left behind of the competition.

Cause god forbid we solely looked for hp at a cheaper price because the dodge challenger hellcat would have made all automakers just stop trying to make cars wouldn't it. Tske a deep breath of outside air and be away from your keyboard. Come 9:30 EST, there should be no more secrets or teases, only numbers we can debate then

Donā€™t waste your time, let these guys say whatever, all of them coming out of the woodworks, lol. Repeating the same things 100 times, nothing new.

Donā€™t like it, go buy something else, itā€™s that simple. A broken record.

outofstep

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK3 Supra, MK4 Supra, 650S, BMW 335I, XRunner
Omg these specs and price point are laughably bad.

I was really hoping this wouldn't be the case. I held out, wishing the leaks/rumors werent true. But apparently Toyota indeed went full retard.

This Zupra is dead on arrival.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Donā€™t waste your time, let these guys say whatever, all of them coming out of the woodworks, lol. Repeating the same things 100 times, nothing new.

Donā€™t like it, go buy something else, itā€™s that simple. A broken record.
I am fully aware, but I like using logic and facts to see what they reply with but most likely they will self edit their memory to fit their narrative or go ghost and try again another day in a different thread

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX

I was really hoping this wouldn't be the case. I held out, wishing the leaks/rumors werent true. But apparently Toyota indeed went full retard.

Yeah, it's not like they have higher specs coming,right?

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
@boodjohn. You can't expect them to start innovating like you would see other car manufacturers do especially with a model that was out of production for 20 years. They can start innovating through evolution. Making a car from scratch costs way more than evolving the car. Look at some other cars, why do you think they didn't have to do platform sharing? Because they're settled in and can constantly make their car better. Progress doesn't happen in a day. I highly doubt they would release it as 335 horsepower. Definitely mid-high 300's. By the way, they weren't targeting the Z like you think they are.

If you are going to compare the Supra to the Z to "shame it" then shame the other cars too. If you continue basing your argument like that, consider it null and void buddy.
And how long was it for the supra? Right.

Nah, because when we "buy" a car, price factors immensely. I guess I am the only poor soul on here.

Speak on Hypothetical? Lets see.
Arent you the one of those bandwaggoners that blindly supported someone saying it was going to be hypothetically less than 3000 lbs and then they changed it to 3300 lbs when they said no it might be 3300lbs?

FLMAO

czar07

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1997 Toyota Soarer
Yes, I am putting the supra on blast. Any questions on that?
It took them 10 years to "co-develop" another platform for an additional 100 ftlbs of torque? +10 years? WOWOW
During and after that 10 years, I expect ( as a consumer) significant changes. Not (ohh wow wowow) 100 ftlbs of torque. Fuck that.
You know why there is an open market? For competition. Competition drives what? Innovation.
There is no innovation with the Zupra. It is a copy and paste (up to this point).
Don't worry. I brought up the Z for a reason and that was to shame it. It took BMW and toyota to bring a vehicle to subpar standards while comparing it to a vehicle over 10 decades old. Fuck, atleast give me +400/hp/ftlbs

Look at captain obvious here!

Breaking News! New Toyota supra will beat a 10 year old 370z!

Don't forget, toyota supra may be laughing crossing the finish line, but toyota will be laughing to the bank with those "car enthusiast's" money.
20 years on from the MKIV they made a car that will be stiffer (than a LFA), lighter, faster, better to drive, and safer.

Flash tune and down pipe and have your 400hp+ if HP is all you care about.

Supra Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supras
20 years on from the MKIV they made a car that will be stiffer (than a LFA), lighter, faster, better to drive, and safer.

Flash tune and down pipe and have your 400hp+ if HP is all you care about.
As it should be.. we're talking progress of nearly 30 years of engineering and technological advancements. No one is doubting that. It would be a complete fail if it wasn't.

That said, a flash tune and a downpipe is all it took the MKIV to reach 400hp+... 20 years ago. Just sayin'...

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

And how long was it for the supra? Right.

Nah, because when we "buy" a car, price factors immensely. I guess I am the only poor soul on here.

Speak on Hypothetical? Lets see.
Arent you the one of those bandwaggoners that blindly supported someone saying it was going to be hypothetically less than 3000 lbs and then they changed it to 3300 lbs when they said no it might be 3300lbs?

FLMAO
I never said anything about poor, only reflected on the cars and platform, do not twist words to better your argument when I never went there. The car is priced as it is because they believe it will sell and considering the global honcho Toyota is, they probably have millions of risk analysts hard at work to turn a profit on a nice product.

I was upset because Guff and even A70 had learned they might have fucked the car up heavily in the states, and these two know more about the Supra and practically any car on the market solely for their connections, so if it comes out of them, it is almost an extension of Toyota.

I do like how you throw my enthusiasm for Toyota to come back and make a sports car that's competent and made for driving joy, minus manual mind you, but haven't even seen other brands and makers go to such lengths to make a new platform car when people are either budget cutting to save costs or going fully electric like Porsche soon down the road. Just enjoy the high until it crashes, cause it is scary to think about the future

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
I never said anything about poor, only reflected on the cars and platform, do not twist words to better your argument when I never went there. The car is priced as it is because they believe it will sell and considering the global honcho Toyota is, they probably have millions of risk analysts hard at work to turn a profit on a nice product.

I was upset because Guff and even A70 had learned they might have fucked the car up heavily in the states, and these two know more about the Supra and practically any car on the market solely for their connections, so if it comes out of them, it is almost an extension of Toyota.

I do like how you throw my enthusiasm for Toyota to come back and make a sports car that's competent and made for driving joy, minus manual mind you, but haven't even seen other brands and makers go to such lengths to make a new platform car when people are either budget cutting to save costs or going fully electric like Porsche soon down the road. Just enjoy the high until it crashes, cause it is scary to think about the future
Even Lamborghini is electrifying their powertrains
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.