The "Unofficial" Pricing U.S. 2020 Supra models!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Well, it's nice to see they met the original 55k target Tada gave me for the fully loaded I6 car. I'd heard as high as 59.9k from US personnel, but I'm glad that wasnt the case as it would have been too high.

Also looks like the stripped down version will be available for less weight and complexity at 49k. Toyota USA actually did the right thing here IMO.

340ps is what it's always had; they tested above that, but I guess they decided it wasn't worth it or had some other reason.

The Launch Edition is the pre-order car, and among other things has some aesthetic changes and may come with some accessories off car, but at its core is the 3.0L Premium. That's all I know atm.
So since the launch edition is the pre-order car is US/CAD actually planning on taking preorders?

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
So since the launch edition is the pre-order car is US/CAD actually planning on taking preorders?
Not that I'm aware of; it's dealer allocation (so if you got a reservation placed locally you may get one). No official pre-order or anything like that however, at least to my knowledge.

Galvatron

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Megatron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
720s
I don't get it. Why can't TOYOTA just release from the factory a normal car that's a Vette slayer? Why does it have to be aftermarket this and that? Why does it have to be some bolt on after thought? What am I missing here? Chevy/Ford/Dodge give customers INSANE power with warranty from factory. You don't have to buy a car then bring it in to have something bolted on. Do I make sense?

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Subaru WRX STI, 1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale
I don't get it. Why can't TOYOTA just release from the factory a normal car that's a Vette slayer? Why does it have to be aftermarket this and that? Why does it have to be some bolt on after thought? What am I missing here? Chevy/Ford/Dodge give customers INSANE power with warranty from factory. You don't have to buy a car then bring it in to have something bolted on. Do I make sense?
I think there's a couple of issues you're missing here. If they did, insurance would be higher. Initial cost of the car would also be higher. Those cars that you mention from Chevy/Ford/Dodge have had years of production, allowing those companies to improve and make these top of the line cars. I don't know for sure, but I don't think those are their money makers. They make money from the lower base cars. So for Toyota to bring out a Chevy/Ford/Dodge killer, the car would be so overpriced that no one would be able to purchase it, thus discontinuing the car. Give it time. All good things come to those who wait.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
The other brands have been making model after model for years which cuts costs and R&D significantly. As such they also sell far more which also contributes to lowering costs (economy of scale).

And that's just a few aspects of the equation; there is plenty more to factor in.

So, if we bumped the price of the Supra another $20k+ then sure it makes sense lol. Which is likely what the GRMN will be lol.

Galvatron

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Megatron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
720s
I think there's a couple of issues you're missing here. If they did, insurance would be higher. Initial cost of the car would also be higher. Those cars that you mention from Chevy/Ford/Dodge have had years of production, allowing those companies to improve and make these top of the line cars. I don't know for sure, but I don't think those are their money makers. They make money from the lower base cars. So for Toyota to bring out a Chevy/Ford/Dodge killer, the car would be so overpriced that no one would be able to purchase it, thus discontinuing the car. Give it time. All good things come to those who wait.
Only one thing I am missing. FORD/DODGE/CHEVY all made their own cars. This is a BMW that now Toyota needs to mod. See the difference?

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only one thing I am missing. FORD/DODGE/CHEVY all made their own cars. This is a BMW that now Toyota needs to mod. See the difference?
The car is "Co-developed". Meaning both companies made contributions. When two companies make contributions, this reduces costs as well. You want an overpriced Supra that you can't afford? Can you understand that?

Galvatron

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Megatron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
720s
The car is "Co-developed". Meaning both companies made contributions. When two companies make contributions, this reduces costs as well. You want an overpriced Supra that you can't afford? Can you understand that?
Are you being serious?

Chasis BMW
Engine BMW
Transmission BMW
Interior BMW

What part exactly is Toyota?

Ford/Chevy both offer cars with 450bhp that they developed themselves and they cost 40K. What am I missing?

GrayFox_MK5

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 350z Nismo, BMW 135is 6MT
:SMH:

... You sure?

- A60 - A80 had a shared gearbox in the W58
- 1Jz, 1.5jZ and 2Jz have very strong commonalities in them
- They they are all 2+2, with manual box option.
- All linage is built by Toyota, not farmed out.
- All were of the Sports car/GT category.,......
...... And there is more.

Its very obvious there was progressions from A-->B-->C-->D in the supra linage. Each one had a play in the next generation in some way. Either by saying "Lets keep it like this,", "This worked well, lets evolve it" or " that didn't work, lets drop it"... The A90 is the adopted child.

The A90 has nothing in common with the linage - Its a reboot of a Supra and Z4.
Correction...it's a hard top Z4. With Toyota tuning the suspension and ECU.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Chassis design is Toyota and BMW - manufactured in third party factory

Transmission is ZF

Engine is based on BMW six, which is fine

Interior is Toyota design and bespoke to A90, aside from some common switchgear

This car is probably more bespoke than an Audi R8/Lamborghini Huracan

Supra Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supras
No, I want a high performance car that punches not only high in its own class, but in the class above its own like the MKIV did for many years.

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Which is exactly what the GRMN version is going to be. You don't get the Corvette Z06 first right? You wait for the base model to come out and then the Z06 comes out. Just chill my dude, it'll come.

@Supra Turbo

Blissya

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Golf Gti, Up Gti
Your expectations seem naive. I may have missed a lot of context though.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.