Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
A fast look on AT; some more dealers are cutting prices
Not sure if you checked out the ads completely but this is below the section that has pictures in the description section: Really, 2.0 "6cylinder"?????

I am surprised Toyota even shipped Supras to those locations...nothing against IL, but there is NOTHING out there......now i know where to go to get my Supra......about 4.5 hr drive

"

• 2.0L 6-Cylinder Turbo Gas Engine

Sponsored

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
Not sure if you checked out the ads completely but this is below the section that has pictures in the description section: Really, 2.0 "6cylinder"?????

I am surprised Toyota even shipped Supras to those locations...nothing against IL, but there is NOTHING out there......now i know where to go to get my Supra......about 4.5 hr drive

"

• 2.0L 6-Cylinder Turbo Gas Engine
Chances are they saw 2.0 but didnt realize that the Supra is now also coming in a 4cyl. I am curious however if maybe its actually a 3.0 and priced incorrectly. I'd stay on top of it. A 3.0 for 40k would be literally stealing. I drove 4 hours for my A91 priced at invoice.

OP
OP
supraboi

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Chances are they saw 2.0 but didnt realize that the Supra is now also coming in a 4cyl. I am curious however if maybe its actually a 3.0 and priced incorrectly. I'd stay on top of it. A 3.0 for 40k would be literally stealing. I drove 4 hours for my A91 priced at invoice.
You can tell they are 2.0s by the wheels and MSRP..

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You can tell they are 2.0s by the wheels and MSRP..
mine was in response to the links that were posted. There are no pictures of the car and as a previous user stated, it says 2.0 6 Cyl. Whos to know where the mistake was made. As i stated, chances are its still a 2.0 and the person who wrote the add didnt realize that its a 4cyl.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
mine was in response to the links that were posted.
On at least one of the links, there are pics and it is actually, the 2.0 so i would think the person who does their online advertising, was not paying attention. Still, if i seriously look to do a 2.0, i will look in those areas for the best deal as it is not that far of a drive to get one for 5-6K off. Sure in the summer, those deals won't be as good.

OP
OP
supraboi

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
A fast look on AT; some more dealers are cutting prices.

MSRP $43,985 to $39,166

MSRP $44,050 to $40,166

MSRP $45,139 to $40,334
mine was in response to the links that were posted. There are no pictures of the car and as a previous user stated, it says 2.0 6 Cyl. Whos to know where the mistake was made. As i stated, chances are its still a 2.0 and the person who wrote the add didnt realize that its a 4cyl.
The 1st one didn't have pics, but the VIN is listed. Run it through Toyota's owner site. It's clearly a 2.0

screen.jpg

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The 1st one didn't have pics, but the VIN is listed. Run it through Toyota's owner site. It's clearly a 2.0

screen.jpg
lol you seem to really need to prove me wrong or something. I did mention that it is most likely a 2.0 and just that the advertiser made a mistake. Either way 40k for a 2.0 seems a pretty great deal. The best deals out here in CA are around 43k which still isnt that bad.

I'm curious at what point do people think the 2.0 is enough of a deal to warrant getting it over the 3.0? I did see some people mention that 4k difference isnt enough (i tend to agree), but a 12k difference, well thats significant.

OP
OP
supraboi

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
lol you seem to really need to prove me wrong or something.
LOL, I really didn't have to try that hard. Copy and paste the VIN onto a decoder or onto Toyota's site took less then a minute. ;)

Azure

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looking for Supra
With the announcement of the 2022 MY coming soon; the smart ones should be dropping the asking price on both models.
when is the 2022 announcement coming?

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LOL, I really didn't have to try that hard. Copy and paste the VIN onto a decoder or onto Toyota's site took less then a minute. ;)
I guess i dont see the need to go to that extent to check something since i'm not the one trying to buy. I figured if someone was serious about it then they would check. My comment was really to add some fun to the prospect that maybe someone could get a 3.0 for 40k. its unlikley but its fun to think about no?

OP
OP
supraboi

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
I guess i dont see the need to go to that extent to check something since i'm not the one trying to buy. I figured if someone was serious about it then they would check. My comment was really to add some fun to the prospect that maybe someone could get a 3.0 for 40k. its unlikley but its fun to think about no?
It's bound to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw that towards the end of it's lifecycle.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
^Especially if that A100 is gonna take place. IIRC, people over at the vette forum said they were picking up new GS C7s for around $45k after the C8 was announced.