2019 Toyota Supra - First Prototype Spotted! Photos & Video Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorqueRules

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus
I really wish there wasn't so much BMW involvement in all of this. BMW has lots its way in terms of creating fun to drive performance cars. Now seeing it entering the M test center makes me think the beating heart will be a BMW sourced engine.
Sponsored

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ I felt the same way once I saw a 'Toyota' rolling in and out of a BMW M test center.

I know what I did hear was an auto/DCT tranny shifting to the next gear. So we know paddle shifters will be 1 option. Hoping it's not the ONLY option. Really hoping this does not turn out to be a BMW car with a Toyota body. On a side note: Mazda (themselves) are making an RX-7/9 in a few years so there's that just in case.

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT
As someone who has been awaiting the return of the Supra since it was discontinued I really hope there is a lot of padding under that camo wrap. The svelte look and sharp angles of the FT1 made it sexy and helped make the rumored ICE/Electric Hybrid abomination of a power plant more palatable. Smaller dimensions are fine (I wish my GT was a bit smaller), but if it turns out looking like a chubby Miata or a frumpy 2G Eclipse/Talon (like seen in this video) they better keep the Supra nameplate far away from this. It's starting to feel (and look) more like a Celica GT/All-Trac successor than a MKV Supra. Fingers shall remain crossed. Here's also hoping Mazda doesn't sh!t the bed with the next RX7 like they did with the RX8.

OP
OP

JT

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Even longer video, including on-track footage!

<TC OFF>

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
As someone who has been awaiting the return of the Supra since it was discontinued I really hope there is a lot of padding under that camo wrap. The svelte look and sharp angles of the FT1 made it sexy and helped make the rumored ICE/Electric Hybrid abomination of a power plant more palatable. Smaller dimensions are fine (I wish my GT was a bit smaller), but if it turns out looking like a chubby Miata or a frumpy 2G Eclipse/Talon (like seen in this video) they better keep the Supra nameplate far away from this. It's starting to feel (and look) more like a Celica GT/All-Trac successor than a MKV Supra. Fingers shall remain crossed. Here's also hoping Mazda doesn't sh!t the bed with the next RX7 like they did with the RX8.
Next rotary car will be the RX9 no? But yea some of us including me agree with your take on the styling. Right now it looks more like a bigger Toyota 86 than the FT-1 concept. I think whatever front end and rear end styling is hiding under the camo will make all the difference in how the car looks.

OP
OP

JT

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Vehicle Showcase
First Nurburgring track footage of the Supra MKV undergoing testing.

FRS-Man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hot Lava FR-S
It's hard to tell with all the ambient noise but there's a hint of a hybrid when he gets on the gas around the 30s mark. Though most of it could pass for a NA V6 i think. I'm not hearing spooling or other signs of FI.

Villa Jonny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus [V8] RCF, Camry [V6] SE
Vehicle Showcase
Please don't tell me I am the only one that hears a turbo when he accelerates?

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
No one liked this rendering when it was posted. But IMO the rear/side could look close to this.

18889920356_c3963cc2ed_b-png.png

Pat Riarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk4 Supra..... one day
I hope it doesnt look exactly like this when it does come out.... i personally find it ugly, hope im not the only one...

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
can anyone fill me in....

...where has the BMW/Toyota partnership for a sports car ever been confirmed on tape or video? (this bullshit has gone on long before the GT86 came out)
...why would Toyota spend money on a new RWD platform and chassis for the Lexus LC but want to partner with BMW to use their roadster platform for their 2+2 halo coupe? no longer pure JDM and now we want BMW reliability? (does anyone remember how the MK4 started with the Lexus SC..?)
...why does everyone think that ugly camouflaged 2 seater Z5M hatchback in Germany is the Supra? Again who is the mysterious person confirming all this info? I've never once seen Tada saying anything about a BMW partnership or new Supra on tape but you can find hundreds of videos of him talking about the GT86!

Last edited:

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
can anyone fill me in....

...where has the BMW/Toyota partnership for a sports car ever been confirmed on tape or video? (this bullshit has gone on long before the GT86 came out)
...why would Toyota spend money on a new RWD platform and chassis for the Lexus LC but want to partner with BMW to use their roadster platform for their 2+2 halo coupe? no longer pure JDM and now we want BMW reliability? (does anyone remember how the MK4 started with the Lexus SC..?)
...why does everyone think that ugly camouflaged 2 seater Z5M hatchback in Germany is the Supra? Again who is the mysterious person confirming all this info? I've never once seen Tada saying anything about a BMW partnership or new Supra on tape but you can find hundreds of videos of him talking about the GT86!

Well, you see that in the same period, prototypes of a roadster and a coupe were spotted, but they are significantly different. It was long known that the Toyota will be a Coupe and the BMW a roadster. Also, this car is like supposed (otherwise why the partnership?) to be like the Alfa 4C, or more precisely the i3 and i8, a CF chassis. That is the reason why this car is expected to be really fast and fun, relatively high horse power (not like GT86), yet very light (lighter than Porsche 718), so it should easily punch higher than its category, while being relatively affordable.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Status
Not open for further replies.