2019 Toyota Supra - First Prototype Spotted! Photos & Video Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRS-Man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hot Lava FR-S
I shrunk the front end and rear to be more inline with the spy shots.

2016-tsup-002-jpg.jpg

2016-tsup-003.jpg
Wow, stunning front end! Also manages to keep the general essence of the FT-1 concept better than any other renderings. The back needs to retain some of the vents design from the concept though.
Sponsored

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
Wow, stunning front end! Also manages to keep the general essence of the FT-1 concept better than any other renderings. The back needs to retain some of the vents design from the concept though.
Most of the rear vents on the FT1 though were fake :(

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
The New Toyota Supra Sure Sounds Like it Has a V6

As the 2018 Toyota Supra edges closer to production, we're seeing it pop up more and more on spy videos around the web. This latest clip shows the camouflaged sports car whipping around the Nurburgring at a quick pace, enough that you can actually hear some engine noise.

While the design is still totally hidden from view thanks to clever paint and pre-production body panels, we can at least draw some ideas of what the new Supra might sound like once it hits the sales floor.

Through the tire squealing, we can hear quite a bit of whooshing and intake noise, suggesting the Toyota two-door could be turbocharged. Considering every performance car under the sun features forced induction nowadays, it wouldn't be all that surprising. There's even a rumor it could be a hybrid.

Additionally, a muted engine tone echoes from the test car's exhaust. It's likely the new Supra will have a six-cylinder motor, but we won't know for sure until Toyota makes it official. Listen for yourself and be the judge.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...potted-testing-on-the-nurburgring-once-again/

Last edited:

Da Hmong

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Impreza
Doesn't sound great but that's expected from turbo car. Wish it was supercharged instead. Much more linear power delivery, you can still get a nice exhaust sound, and supercharger whine can sound cool.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
Love how it was chasing that S Class :D

Seems like it really rockets out of a couple corners. Hard to glean much from the videos.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Seeing that the 1st proto type is still running around leads me to believe this has 1 power train and the latest proto type seen has another. This one looks ugly compared to the latest proto type lol.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
Next-gen Toyota Supra spied up close in France

http://indianautosblog.com/2017/02/next-gen-toyota-supra-spied-up-close-france-258555

2018-toyota-supra-front-three-quarters-spy-shot-jpg.jpg

2018-toyota-supra-rear-three-quarters-spy-shot-jpg.jpg

Toyota FT-1 concept at the 2014 North American International Auto Show.

The next-gen Toyota Supra will sit on the same platform as the next-gen BMW Z4/BMW Z5. Engineered by BMW, the new platform has components from the current BMW 3 Series as well as its high-performance derivatives, including the BMW M3 and BMW M4. It will support rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive drivetrain layouts. Toyota 86 chief engineer Tetsuya Tada is overseeing the car’s development.

The 2018 Toyota Supra is said to sport powertrains developed in-house. The base model would get a 2.0-litre turbocharged engine in two different tunes: around 242 bhp and nearly 300 bhp. Those will for even better performance will a range-topping option for a 3.5-litre twin-turbo V6 engine that will deliver more than 400 bhp. A hybrid variant is also planned – it is expected to consist of a 3.5-litre V6 engine and an electric motor, with power being sent to the wheels via an 8-speed automatic transmission. The hybrid model should offer more than 350 bhp on tap.

The next-gen Toyota Supra will roll-out of Magna Steyr’s plant in Graz, Austria beginning in 2018. Manufacturing of the next-gen BMW Z4/BMW Z5 will take place at the same facility.

https://www.dagelijksauto.nl/spionage/spionage-toyota-werkt-aan-terugkeer-van-supra/

Toyota-Supra-2018-spionage-6.jpg

Toyota-Supra-2018-spionage-7.jpg

Toyota-Supra-2018-spionage-8.jpg

Toyota-Supra-2018-spionage-9.jpg

Toyota-Supra-2018-spionage-10.jpg

Toyota-Supra-2018-spionage-11.jpg

Toyota-Supra-2018-spionage-2.jpg

Toyota-Supra-2018-spionage-4.jpg

Toyota-Supra-2018-spionage-5.jpg

Toyota-Supra-2018-spionage-12.jpg

Toyota-Supra-2018-spionage-13.jpg

Last edited:

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
with the one in france does that make it 3 mules now?

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ I think almost all topics have been covered multiple times on this site lol. But then again I don't think I've seen an anticipated car with so many different rumors of what's coming and what it will look like + what engine(s) it will have.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
^ I think almost all topics have been covered multiple times on this site lol. But then again I don't think I've seen an anticipated car with so many different rumors of what's coming and what it will look like + what engine(s) it will have.
eh there has been a few cars..GT86 buildup and hype was up there and currently the mid engine corvette has gotten plenty of attention too

Status
Not open for further replies.