2020 launch edition letting out white smoke

A90tags

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
car was having no problems until the day i took it to toyota for a oil change now it lets out clouds of white smoke car is bone stock
Sponsored

OP
OP

A90tags

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
car was having no problems until the day i took it to toyota for a oil change now it lets out clouds of white smoke car is bone stock
here is a link to see anyone have any idea what the issue is

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Is it cold outside/ Is the car warming up?

Mine does it only when I first start it on a cold day/night until it's warmed.

Used to think this was an Issue when I first got my first Sportbike. :p Should be normal.

TheIronLotus

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Supra 3.0
here is a link to see anyone have any idea what the issue is
So I had a similar issue about 5 weeks ago when I went to get the recall done and an oil change. Recall went super smooth however, Toyota were out of oil to give the car an oil change due to a national shortage. My oil level was just above minimum and the tech said they would just top it off.

Since I drive the car mainly on weekends I didn't notice anything until the following week. A cloud of white smoke started coming out from the exhaust. It happened every time I would give it some gas. Took it straight to Toyota for them to take a look. Apparently they had a shipment of oil and filter come in so they did the oil change. Once done they told me everything was okay. Drove the car and everything is fine. Haven't had the issue pop up for 3 weeks now. I'm almost lead to believe that when they topped the car off that the tech put to much oil in. Possibly the sensor was reading wrong IDK? I am no mechanic but they must have done something and covered it up after the oil change.

OP
OP

A90tags

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
So I had a similar issue about 5 weeks ago when I went to get the recall done and an oil change. Recall went super smooth however, Toyota were out of oil to give the car an oil change due to a national shortage. My oil level was just above minimum and the tech said they would just top it off.

Since I drive the car mainly on weekends I didn't notice anything until the following week. A cloud of white smoke started coming out from the exhaust. It happened every time I would give it some gas. Took it straight to Toyota for them to take a look. Apparently they had a shipment of oil and filter come in so they did the oil change. Once done they told me everything was okay. Drove the car and everything is fine. Haven't had the issue pop up for 3 weeks now. I'm almost lead to believe that when they topped the car off that the tech put to much oil in. Possibly the sensor was reading wrong IDK? I am no mechanic but they must have done something and covered it up after the oil change.
literally the same story for me went in for recall and oil change and this happened im also from florida who knows maybe we even went to the same dealer

OP
OP

A90tags

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Is it cold outside/ Is the car warming up?

Mine does it only when I first start it on a cold day/night until it's warmed.

Used to think this was an Issue when I first got my first Sportbike. :p Should be normal.
only does it first rev after i let the car idle for a while

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
only does it first rev after i let the car idle for a while
So the white smoke will happen even after the car is warmed up and condensation is outta the pipes is what you're saying?

Like mine is only doing it close to start up at idle at a stop when it's cold. After I drive it 5 minutes, no smoke.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Does the smoke smell like burnt oil or normal exhaust? If it smells like normal exhaust, it’s condensation burning off. If it smells like burnt oil, does the smell go away after warming up? If so, it’s the piston rings and ring lands warming up and expanding. If it smells like burnt oil with smoke, then the smell remains after the smoke clears….”hello piston rings my ole’ friend.”