Issue with white smoke out exhaust

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 zx10 fully built
White smoke at idle usually means insufficient crank case evacuation. Either because the car has a deficient PCV system from the factory, or the owner has made modifications to the PCV system that eliminate one or more vacuum sources on the case when there's nothing coming from the throttle.

Smoking under throttle typically means poor oil drainage from turbo and oil is pushing past seals, blown turbo seals altogether, or blown HG. The PCV system is still suspect here as well, but less so.
believe I may be victim of both of those. So rn I have the klm breather oil cap on a Y fitting with the pcv hose. Going into my radium catch can. Thinking rite the other end of the catch can to the port on the front of the intake manifold. Or do you have another suggestion. Also my CCV runs to a separate can that I have setup has a drain back. I was under the impression that because of the valvetronic system we Dnt make much vacuum.

far as the turbo seals. I have a EFR which by Borg Warner they are unserviceable. Contemplating replacing supercore or new turbo
Sponsored