Issue with white smoke out exhaust

Luis2120

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Hey guys looking to get some advice/ help on a current issue I’m having with the Supra. So I recently put a KLM 6 port kit on the Supra and been having an issue of a lot of white smoke coming out my exhaust whenever I do a pull. My tuner looked at the log and it says car is running just fine. When I drive the car it feels just fine, only thing is that white smoke coming out exhaust. We bled my coolant and filled it back up, put fresh new oil in and still have this issue. So far no visible leaks on the outside either. Tomorrow morning we are going to check my spark plugs and also do a compression test to see if anything is wrong there. KLM said my calve cover could be cracked but on the outside it looks fine and no oil anywhere. Does anybody know what could be happening? Or what is causing my car to throw a lot of white smoke when I do a pull? Also it’s okay d white smoke but yet it was smelling like oil. Also right now I’m still running the mishimoto catch can which I think is meant for stock turbo, I’m planning on upgrading to the KLM catch can but just haven’t got the chance, so I don’t know if that could maybe be causing the white smoke? Any help would be really appreciated, it’s so hard for me trying to find what’s wrong
Sponsored

OP
OP

Luis2120

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Turbo's dead, pushed a head gasket, PCV/valve cover are all possible causes for smoke. What have you checked mechanically?
Mechanically all we have checked so far is downpipe and checking if turbo has any oil leaks. We’re going to check spark plugs and do a compression test tomorrow and see if that shows anything. I don’t know if I should have the valve cover pulled out to see if it’s cracked internally because I’m the outside it looks just fine.

OP
OP

Luis2120

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Turbo's dead, pushed a head gasket, PCV/valve cover are all possible causes for smoke. What have you checked mechanically?
How would I even go about checking head gasket?

CortC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 MT
1) White smoke with a sweet smell usually coolant (Head gasket, intercooler, etc.)
2) Very lightly blue smoke with the smell of oil is usually oil (Turbo seals, piston rings, etc.)

You have a leak somewhere...

OP
OP

Luis2120

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
1) White smoke with a sweet smell usually coolant (Head gasket, intercooler, etc.)
2) Very lightly blue smoke with the smell of oil is usually oil (Turbo seals, piston rings, etc.)

You have a leak somewhere...
Weird thing is the smoke is pretty clearly white but yet smells like oil. If I’m cruising with the car there’s no smoke. But if I step on it up to 6k rpm, that’s when the smoke is really heavy. The more boost I build and step on it, the more the white smoke comes out. You got any tips on what to do/test to find wherever that leak is?

OP
OP

Luis2120

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
You could also get a kit like this to see if exhaust gases are getting into the coolant to see if theres a blown gasket or cracked block. Both of which could cause white smoke.
Okay thank you I’ll give this a shot

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
Have you done PCV mods like valve cover upgrade or block off pins? Do you have a catch can?
Sponsored