John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
Fj Cruiser here too...

Mine hasnt gone up in value technically.... But I paid 27.5 for it and could get at least 18k or so. Considering I've had it almost 10 years.... That's pretty awesome.
Interesting, around where I am, I can get much more than that. I bought mine on the last day and last hour of the year so got a super deal (I know they like to sell X quantity to be able to get more in the future).
Sponsored

angrytoddler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red LE Supra MKV, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Ford Explorer Sport
Interesting, around where I am, I can get much more than that. I bought mine on the last day and last hour of the year so got a super deal (I know they like to sell X quantity to be able to get more in the future).
I put what I know I could get quick.... But I often have people approach me at stores and online they can sell higher.... But worse case I could sell for 18k. I think I could get more and it's in good shape. Just minor interior wear. But it's been well cared for and cleaned regularly.

Actually washed all 3 cars today..... Which makes today a good day!

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Fj Cruiser here too...

Mine hasnt gone up in value technically.... But I paid 27.5 for it and could get at least 18k or so. Considering I've had it almost 10 years.... That's pretty awesome.
911s do quite well. My friend bought a 997 used in 2013 for $67K. Sold it last month for $61K. That obviously works out to less than $1000 -A YEAR-. I think his previous one was like that too. Kinda crazy.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I put what I know I could get quick.... But I often have people approach me at stores and online they can sell higher.... But worse case I could sell for 18k. I think I could get more and it's in good shape. Just minor interior wear. But it's been well cared for and cleaned regularly.

Actually washed all 3 cars today..... Which makes today a good day!
Good workout! Polished the Nitro but do that often. The FJ has normally been in a garage except for time in Alaska. No real wear inside.

The Supra, don't care about the resale, enjoying it and not sure I would want more power. My wife already hates it when I give it even 3/4 of the pedal down, as she is slammed back into the seat and her face is contorted like we are blasting off for the moon. lol

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
What is the driver sensor?

The only car I bought, and still have, that went up in value is the FJ Cruiser. Mine has low miles, looks great and drives like newly broken in. But I didn't buy it as in investment, who does that unless a classic, but I lucked out, I guess. lol
I'm not sure of the package name, the auto braking, distance keeping sensors.
FJ are awesome, always wanted one.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm not sure of the package name, the auto braking, distance keeping sensors.
FJ are awesome, always wanted one.
Oh, I thought it was something the 2020 didn't have.

Yes, the FJ has been great. From 122 a few summers ago to -55 in Alaska (with ice tires). So reliable but also, I change the fluids ahead of schedule, change fluid totally out in brakes etc. Will do the same with the Supra.

I wonder what type of milage (life) expectancy there is for the Supra?

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
Like i said in another thread, Austria, where the car is built, only has 1 fatality so far. We don't know how many months of parts they have ready to go.
Parts come from all over Europe and some outside Europe. Magna practices JIT (just in time) inventory management, so they probably only keep 1-2 days parts on hand, if that (it can be as little as a few hours of inventory with JIT). It wouldn't take much at all to disrupt or halt production.

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
Oh, I thought it was something the 2020 didn't have.

Yes, the FJ has been great. From 122 a few summers ago to -55 in Alaska (with ice tires). So reliable but also, I change the fluids ahead of schedule, change fluid totally out in brakes etc. Will do the same with the Supra.

I wonder what type of milage (life) expectancy there is for the Supra?
Now you have me wondering how many Supras have been sold in Alaska.

D1E519FF-FC0B-4B8E-8AC4-83DFEFFC0C3C.jpeg

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Where I am, the dealer got a red LE for himself. A customer wanted it real bad but the dealer didn't want to sell it, 15 over, he sold it. lol

angrytoddler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red LE Supra MKV, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Ford Explorer Sport
There are some peeps that paid even more.... Some with the money and some without....

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
Where I am, the dealer got a red LE for himself. A customer wanted it real bad but the dealer didn't want to sell it, 15 over, he sold it. lol
Yeah, my local dealer did that as well but couldnā€™t sell. I drove to the next city over and bought one because of it. I went buy oil at the local dealer and they acted all butt hurt that I didnā€™t want to get ripped off.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Yeah, my local dealer did that as well but couldnā€™t sell. I drove to the next city over and bought one because of it. I went buy oil at the local dealer and they acted all butt hurt that I didnā€™t want to get ripped off.
Yeah, fuck em. I got 5 dealers within 30 miles from me, they all have my number if they get a blue A91 allocated, only put a deposit on one though, but they know damn well that if they try to add any money that wasn't agreed on, I'll be going to one of the other 4. Or even elsewhere and I'll fly out to get it. To them it's business, but that's what it is for us too. Every dollar that can be negotiated off, is a dollar we don't have to work for.
Sponsored