2020 Supra prototype at Goodwood Festival of Speed (photos/videos)

Will fake vents stop you from buying the new Supra?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
Man, I love how this forum complains and brings up the exact same crap I complained about in the past. Only I got riddled with bullets from the other members...and they didn’t. Gotta love the hypocrisy...
Remember, this forum is SUPRA sensitive. Most of them are editors for magazines trying to get the next big article.

I dont understand why this forum is questioning its price, weight, and power.

I have made MULTIPLE post about this and people come back crying and complaining.
NOW LOOK. They are the same people NOW COMPLAINING ABOUT PRICE, WEIGHT AND POWER.

FFS stick to one opinion, You BANDWAGONNER.
Sponsored

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Man, I love how this forum complains and brings up the exact same crap I complained about in the past. Only I got riddled with bullets from the other members...and they didn’t. Gotta love the hypocrisy...
Its not what you say, but how you say it. They are many here that more or less do agree with some of your argument, but they do not come off as rude. If I may, I'll use one of your touchy topics to demonstrate. And if I'm being honest, you have been sounding a lot like the latter. I'm just trying to help you work on your people skills. :) :nixon:

A. While I do respect the GTR's performances, it's exterior styling just isn't for me.
B. The R35 is so fugly. WTF was Nissan thinking? I literally puked after seeing one.

Nurburgring

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 Turbo, M3 E46, Turbocharged NA Miata, S2000, Mazda FC3S & FD3S, EP91 Starlet, EK9 Type R, EG6 Sir2, AE86, 3SGE AE86, Evo7RS, F3 race car
Are those floating calipers on the rear? I really hope they didn’t cheap out with floating calipers on a $60k sport car. Also what’s up with that plain rotor? Don’t see the stock brake setup holding up even for one track session
Formula 1 uses "plain rotors" too. Just like most true race cars. Don´t get too held up on the bling of drilled rotors.
Additionally, they are cheaper to replace, which is a big plus for people that will actually track this car.

F1 brakes:

Screen-Shot-2017-05-20-at-9.40.34-AM-868x593.jpg

Since you´re a BMW M4 owner, you´ll be glad to know the race version of your car (M4 GT4) uses plain rotors, with 4 slots, not the drilled rotors the street car has.

2018-bmw-m4-gt4.jpg

Last edited:

upnsmoke

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota MR2 GT, Nismo 370Z , Subaru Liberty Outback
When you put them on paper, 370Z specs are comparable to a 911 Carrera.

When you put the cars next to eachother, they perform very, very differently. (i.e. the 911 is fantastic, and the 370Z is a boat)

Calm your farm people, the numbers aren't the be all and end all. It's hard to be patient, I get it, but at least the A90 is a turbo six, meaning it will be easy to wind the boost in and get a few extra kW.

I've had multiple cars in the past admittedly not a Porsche 911 carrera at this stage I'm afraid. Although I agree that the 370Z is not known for it's sharp cornering abilities ... After all I've had an 86 just recently and now I've got a Nismo 370Z... And I agree that the 86 is about a tier above handling wise...although the Nismo with its stiffer springs is much better than the standard 370Z....

The one thing I can without a doubt use as a reason the handling is so different is the weight and balance of the car.... Including engine position H wise.

Comparing a Front engine RWD 1500kg car to a Rear Engine 1400kg exotic car handling wise and expecting it to be close is setting themselves for a disappointment.

This BMW Supra... May not fair very well to a 911 Carrera either... We need more information on weight distribution and General weight to understand it better.

Its going to be fast that's for sure...

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
Formula 1 uses "plain rotors" too. Just like most true race cars (plain or slotted). Don´t get too held up on the bling of drilled rotors.
Additionally, they are cheaper to replace, which is a big plus for people that will actually track this car.
Drilled rotors are more for style rather than performance. The holes collect brake pad material and under heavy usage(a.k.a. track day bro) cracks can form from the holes.

Which is why race cars of today never use drilled rotors, they typically use plain face, slotted or the 'J' hook rotors.

9baller

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Corolla
Does anyone know if it will have an active wing?

Status
Not open for further replies.