2020 Supra prototype at Goodwood Festival of Speed (photos/videos)

Will fake vents stop you from buying the new Supra?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I agree, they have done a good job with what they have been working with but some of those parts that were sacrificed were what stood out as well, like the nose and the long wheel base, it made the car really stand out.I feel this should be the MR2 and make the Supra when they are ready to spend more.
Your username made me think an official Toyota Rep had an account here.

Disappointed. Anyways, enjoy your stay as we near the reveal supposedly coming around November.
Sponsored

xantonin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 Celica GT-S
I agree, they have done a good job with what they have been working with but some of those parts that were sacrificed were what stood out as well, like the nose and the long wheel base, it made the car really stand out.I feel this should be the MR2 and make the Supra when they are ready to spend more.
What? You do know what the MR in MR2 is an acronym for, right?

If anything, they could make this the new Celica, and then do the Supra later, and maybe a real MR2 later...

Redbeard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 GTI, 2010 F150
Can hear the Supra a bit on 19Bozzy92's Goodwood video here, linked to proper time:

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What? You do know what the MR in MR2 is an acronym for, right?

If anything, they could make this the new Celica, and then do the Supra later, and maybe a real MR2 later...
Pretty sure he meant in semantics. Make a MR2 in this level of cost and go all out with potential 80k monster with all Toyota parts.

That would be dope...and expensive.

Toyota is more or less saying, this is the best we can give you while getting a decent ROI. Take it or leave it, because you guys will be the reason if a A100 exists at all. Or any sports car in the future

EDIT:

In regards to time after its debut at GoodWood,
https://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=GOODWOOD/2018/182866fos.pdf

The above link is a list of all the cars having done their run and by the driver. I ripped the below numbers for the A90. Granted, it wasn't pushed hard by Tetsuya and I doubt Herwig Daenens will be driving it for a real run but here we are and we can compare.

32 - First Glance

Pos. No. Name Vehicle 100m Int. 1 Int. 1 Speed Flint Wall Finish Speed Finish

1 675
Tetsuya Tada Toyota A90 5.84 32.14 55.6mph 56.39 71.3mph 77.33

Last edited:

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
First post here, my work colleague is at Goodwood and I asked him to send me some photos of details and such on the A90.

Enjoy!

Supra15.jpg
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting.

Did anyone else notice that the top part of the door/fake air vent panel looks like its one piece, but then the there are panel gaps on the bottom section. :what:

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting.

Did anyone else notice that the top part of the door/fake air vent panel looks like its one piece, but then the there are panel gaps on the bottom section. :what:
Look closer, there is a line on the top as well. It just isn't as obvious. I still wish Toyota would blend in the panel for a cleaner look.

Supra17.jpg

Last edited:

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Haha, would be hilarious if it was 450hp for the RZ. Then it would make sense why folks were saying $60k at the marketing level.

RC-F power at 500lbs less, without anemic Lexus trans, for less money is quite something.

(this is just an opinion; it's been very hard to nail anything down as far as power figures for a long time. I was told 350hp last and since then no one will comment on it)

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
How does it manage to be 250 kg heavier than the GT86 and only 100 kg lighter than an M3 which has 4 doors and 5 seats?

The fate of the new Supra lies in the hand of the tuning community. If the tuning community wants to build theirs, it will sell. Toyota and BMW are some of the biggest non-American car communities. So their is potential, but usually BMW and Toyota fans are rivals and don't get that well together.

Status
Not open for further replies.