2020 Supra prototype at Goodwood Festival of Speed (photos/videos)

Will fake vents stop you from buying the new Supra?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Yup.. Toyota will have them all made by other manufacturers.. cause it’s cheaper to do it that way. Identity as a company isn’t that important.. save the money. That’s all that’s important.

OP
OP
laflame

laflame

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
06 camry
maybe its cause were used to seeing a big fat wing when we hear "supra"

35n22v5.png

21b259z.png
I feel like that wing doesn't really contrast too good to the overall bold shape of the new one. If anything I think the TRD spoiler would fit better.

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
I feel like that wing doesn't really contrast too good to the overall bold shape of the new one. If anything I think the TRD spoiler would fit better.
As an mkiv owner I disagree. While the proportions are off this is what the mkv needs, to inject more Mkiv soul into it. When I first saw it I actually got excited for a sec thinking maybe Toyota can pull something like that off. It also looks better with it in my opinion and for nostalgia and marketing purpose alone it’s worth having a similar spoiler again.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
that's horrible lol

that "sound of A90" was posted by toyota South Africa a few weeks back

For a stock inline six, that sounds pretty good, sure as shit a lot different (and better) than a normal B58, and seems to rev higher as well.

edit: if anyone has heard a stock A80 turbo, you'll know, they sound pretty shit. The stock turbos really choke the sound. A single with a nice manifold really wakes them up.

Last edited:

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Google translation, so I don't know how accurate it is.

https://forbesjapan.com/articles/detail/23016/1/1/1

Is the identity of the next-generation SUPRA hidden in BMW M 240i?

When friends and colleagues show interest in new cars that have not yet been released, I'd like to try "virtual test drive" at the world's driving simulator game "Grand Turismo" first. If it is the latest car, especially a sports car, it is almost certainly reproduced as "Grand Turismo" before entering the market.

Of course, although it is different from driving the real thing, it is still pretty close to real. You can realize what sort of sounds the car will have with what character.

However, something that Gran Tourism does not know is real. When I tried the BMW M 240i last month, I thought I was relieved. That means "It is basically the next Supra of Toyota that I am driving now."

The details of the Supra engine and 8 speed A / T that I was catching the information are the same as the BMW M 240i. It is well known that Toyota and BMW have jointly developed Z4 with the next-generation SUPRA . Both will debut next year.

What I heard from Mr. Tetsuya Tada, chief investigator of SUPRA, was that the new model will be a combination with BMW's twin scroll turbo with 3.0 liters straight 6, with 8 speed A / T. Power is 340 ps, maximum torque is 51.0 kgm. That means that it is a good festival of the car called Goodwood Festival of Speed held in the UK in July as we reported earlier, and it is a celebration of the Supra's Kosemp, which was given a camouflage and rushed up the famous slope It is exactly the same as power.

Besides, Toyota officials have asked, "The new Supra will adopt the improved BMW's rear wheel drive platform and suspension." I guess from there, M240i I tried in Tokyo is the same car as the disguised Supra ... ...! It fits perfectly with the direction and purpose of Toyota's new Supra.

If you think so, your cheeks will loosen unintentionally.

Speaking of the most stimulating hearts when driving is the sense of acceleration, vibration, and sound of the engine. Besides, this engine is excellent. Lower middle speed torque of 3.0 L is fairly thick, but it stretches strongly to the red line of 7000 rpm. Paddles of the 8th speed A / T feel comfortable shift and shift is decided.

In other words, M240i is fast at any rotation speed and any gear. How fast is it? BMW says that acceleration at 0-100 km / h is 4.8 seconds, but I recorded it slightly faster than that at my stopwatch. How is it, everyone? Do not you feel glad if you think that such an outstanding direct 6 will be installed in the next SUPRA?

The new Supra's exhaust note I heard with this ear in Goodwood in England was specially tuned, so Buo - and the bass were working and it was a perfect sporty feeling.

When setting the M240i in Comfort mode or Sports mode, the anti-skid control works properly, and as if rear wheel drive seems to slip, as if it would be better to break down the violent German Shepherd, it will keep it fine.

But the best feeling for the driver is sports plus mode. The response of the throttle improves, the steering changes more quickly, and the adaptive damper is also set up more firmly, so you can enjoy a cheerful run feeling unity in this mode.

However, I think that the variable sports steering of the M240i which continuously changes the gear ratio of the steering according to the amount of operation of the driver can not be applied to the new SUPRA. Toyota probably aims at a steering feel different from that of the M 240i, so it seems to use a simpler mechanism than that.

This M240i is tight, gripy, direct steering, feedback is also felt firmly. A new Supra that adopts almost the same platform and suspension as M240i should be able to expect considerable handling.

The brake of M 240i has sufficient braking power. On the other hand, SUPRA 's brakes, which had been camouflaged in Goodwood, were almost the same as the M550i. That means that the braking power of the new SUPRA is expected to be upgraded over the concept.

In fact when I was on the M240i, I came up with another idea. It's a price. Probably Supra will be about the same price as M240i's 6.5 million yen. Since the new Supra should be the most intense one among the co-sports cars of Japan and Europe that have appeared so far, let's expect from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.