2020 Supra USA/Canada Parts Catalog Released

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Haven't had a chance to take a look through it yet, but saw it was released this week, includes the DB23 (30i, B46H) and DB43 (40i, B58).

If anyone has friends at a dealership or has access, take a look. Part numbers are semi-typical PNC-based, xxxxx-WAxxx format. Not like how they did it some others like the ZN6 which used SU003-xxxxx sequential formatting.

What I really want to read through though is the NCF (New Car Features), EWD (Electrical Wiring Diagram), and RM (Repair Manual) books that are hopefully released soon.

Jeff
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeff Lange

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
I'll compare when I get a chance. Can probably compare the diagrams a bit, but the part numbers will all be different as Toyota assigns their own. Additionally, Toyota only uses line drawings in their parts catalogs, not 3D renders. From a quick glance, things are very similar, but of course Toyota uses their own PNC's (Part Name Codes) on the diagrams.

Jeff

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
https://jalopnik.com/toyota-says-four-cylinder-supra-still-isn-t-in-its-u-s-1834416088

Seeing this article today was an interesting eye opener. Toyota supposedly hasn't yet made a decision but why would they go to the trouble of certifying the smaller engine for the U.S. if they didn't plan to sell it in here also.

Today when I visited my local Toyota dealer to pick up a part I asked if I could see the EPC catalog for the 2020 Supra. As to Jeff's comments above I also noticed the B46H 4 cylinder and B58 6 cylinder.

Also, we looked carefully but as everyone probably guessed, no surprise manual transmission was pictured. Just the ZF8 8HP automatic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeff Lange

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
The B46 is listed for the Supra in the North American catalog, but it is likely because there are other markets that get "US-spec" cars that are in fact not US-market, and in those markets, the B46 is offered (frequently Korean cars are in the US catalog for instance). The B46 in the US catalog is listed for Kuwait for one, but it's probably also covering other markets as well.

There is nothing too exciting in the parts catalog. Confirmed that the head on the US-spec Supra definitely has an integrated manifold (it was already known), among other things. There are also a few things that need more information added for the catalog to be usable. Additionally, a lot of information shown in the BMW version of the catalog didn't make it over to the Toyota catalog (things like bolt size/pitch, etc. in notes).

Jeff

elpadrino

First Name
eL
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350F, bmw E92, ducati monster
The B46 is listed for the Supra in the North American catalog, but it is likely because there are other markets that get "US-spec" cars that are in fact not US-market, and in those markets, the B46 is offered (frequently Korean cars are in the US catalog for instance). The B46 in the US catalog is listed for Kuwait for one, but it's probably also covering other markets as well.

There is nothing too exciting in the parts catalog. Confirmed that the head on the US-spec Supra definitely has an integrated manifold (it was already known), among other things. There are also a few things that need more information added for the catalog to be usable. Additionally, a lot of information shown in the BMW version of the catalog didn't make it over to the Toyota catalog (things like bolt size/pitch, etc. in notes).

Jeff
Any mechanical differences between this motor and the one that makes 380hp in the Z4?

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Any mechanical differences between this motor and the one that makes 380hp in the Z4?
The big differences are the six traditional exhaust ports on the 382hp BMW version of the engine and the ECU most likely being Toyota's or at least Toyota's own completely different programming/flash within the same physical ECU box. Also the turbocharger is supposed to be a unique Toyota part or Toyota engineered variant of the turbo found in the Z4's 335hp and 382hp B58 engines.

I am sure there are other numerous small differences but the short blocks themselves have so far been reported to be the same.

What will be telling is when one of these cars gets onto a dyno. It has been suspected that the "335hp" is underrated but by much is not yet known. But if so that could suggest that the Z4's 382hp B58 is also underrated slightly. Dyno evidence for the MKV is needed to know for sure.
Sponsored