2020 Toyota GR Supra Photoshop Thread (based on production car)

MangoA80

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 Audi A4
For me, I think it looks better de-cluttered rather than adding anything,. I know its'a bit of a PS hack job, but like this:

2Capture.PNG

1toyota_supra_163.jpg

rearCapture.PNG

321toyota_supra_160.jpg

-Remove all this nasty fake vents.
-Remove the Aerial.
-Remove those front and rear fiddly little side flippers,
-Dark color blend code the front flippers,
-Single colour the wheel faces,
- de-badge the thing
-And straighten up the headlights.
For some reason that reminds me of an Aston Martin, particularly in that Grey color.

2018-aston-martin-vantage-2.jpg

rtoadyt

First Name
Reto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Someone gets me! Yes! Take that side splitter ofd, get the bubble roof off. Look at how clean, refined, timeless that looks!
For me, I think it looks better de-cluttered rather than adding anything,. I know its'a bit of a PS hack job, but like this:

2Capture.PNG

1toyota_supra_163.jpg

rearCapture.PNG

321toyota_supra_160.jpg

-Remove all this nasty fake vents.
-Remove the Aerial.
-Remove those front and rear fiddly little side flippers,
-Dark color blend code the front flippers,
-Single colour the wheel faces,
- de-badge the thing
-And straighten up the headlights.[/QUOTE

rtoadyt

First Name
Reto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
perfect! Just perfect! A80 style front bumper, exposed intercooler, nose hump delete, side splitter removal, flatten the roof. Drop it, give it black chrome meister, gold lug nuts, yellow calipers, yellow fog lights.
Forgot to color the A-Piller in the first pics.... f-it, MS paint will do....

2Capture.PNG

and a Quick hacky-hack job of the colour:

32Capture.PNG

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
The car looks so much better without all the body lines. The extra lines for the hood in the "fender" area and the door piece make the sides too busy and the front look empty

rtoadyt

First Name
Reto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
So I played with the image some more, and this was the development process i went through:
"
- Ok, Lets start by spacing out and making the front flippers more symmetrical and color blended.. lets remove the mini ones and smooth the areas around them.
-- ill smooth out that fiddly rear diffuser while im there..
- the A-pillar needs to be blended...
- and now the headlights too...
- now lets reduce the side vent to something more reasonable....,
- I''ll just smooth out the bonnet and roof line a bit...
- ....and i'll add on a rear wing,...
- Lets move the front vents to a more functional area and make them more subtle,
- I'll give the car some more respectable wheels, ....
- I'll make those nasty yellow indicators clear, and maybe a bit smaller...
- .... oh sh#t..... wait..... <puzzled>
- .... I've seen this before......
- ..........wtf have I just created a copy of....?
- ... (looking at these images below)...
- ..... well that was a waste of f'kn time ..... <close, do not save changes>"

1Capture.PNG

2Capture.PNG
"Do not save changes". You should've saved it:')

rtoadyt

First Name
Reto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Whoever designed the A90 put way too much nonsense at it. I know I'm not the only one who feel that way. I wish I had the photoshop skills to contribute to this forum. Would love to see someone make the A90 look beautiful, timeless, charming, classy, refined and simple all in the same time. In your face flashiness is so overrated.

Daigor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
98 Toyota Supra
Whoever designed the A90 put way too much nonsense at it. I know I'm not the only one who feel that way. I wish I had the photoshop skills to contribute to this forum. Would love to see someone make the A90 look beautiful, timeless, charming, classy, refined and simple all in the same time. In your face flashiness is so overrated.
The thing about design is that it is VERY subjective. Because you do not like the design doesn't mean the person next to you doesn't either. Once you get the car you may do whatever you please to the design of the car to your liking. That's what makes design so interesting, that it's able to spark interest and opinions within people.

Personally I feel that the design of the New Supra was watered down A LOT compared to the FT-1. I was really upset at the fact that the vents were fake. However, after reading the article with Tada-San and his stance on the vents. I am a bit more accepting now that he has mentioned that the vents are made to be swapped out by the owner to achieve different performance.

Overall, it will be left up to the Aftermarket scene to design body kits for the Supra. Give it a couple years and you will see that there may be a kit that will totally change your outlook on today's design.

rtoadyt

First Name
Reto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
The thing about design is that it is VERY subjective. Because you do not like the design doesn't mean the person next to you doesn't either. Once you get the car you may do whatever you please to the design of the car to your liking. That's what makes design so interesting, that it's able to spark interest and opinions within people.

Personally I feel that the design of the New Supra was watered down A LOT compared to the FT-1. I was really upset at the fact that the vents were fake. However, after reading the article with Tada-San and his stance on the vents. I am a bit more accepting now that he has mentioned that the vents are made to be swapped out by the owner to achieve different performance.

Overall, it will be left up to the Aftermarket scene to design body kits for the Supra. Give it a couple years and you will see that there may be a kit that will totally change your outlook on today's design.
Great, can't wait for that!
Sponsored