2020 Toyota Supra Spied testing at the Nurburgring (4 minute video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota will need an amazing PR agent on this to fix the perception that was done from pursists who are not in the automative world and understand what a new car costs a company these days.

A commerical of european markets like m2, m4, caymans and 911 with engine roars, vintage video of their history of winning races. But it cuts midway, showing tbe GRMN brand, LFA and the TS050 saying Toyota wants in on the fun and wants everyone else to do so. The faceless driver walks past all the cars mentioned prior and with his hand holding the Toyota key, unlocks it to illuminate the darkness and give light on the Supra and a strong redline to show it means business.

A tagline, settle for the best, nothing less along those lines.

When data starts to back up the car's performance, it's going to be a fun day at the dealerships
Sponsored

Viselord

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
People are always going to whine and complain regardless of how good something can be. People complained about previous Toyota cars - LFA and GT86 . My boss who owned a MK3 told me that people hated the MK4 before it came out since it looked and handled completely different to the previous models. And yet all these cars turned out great with a huge following. Now all the LFA haters are calling it a legend and one of the greatest cars ever made (not a single negative comment in sight)..loll.

A key factor in a product's success is perception. Whenever I see these new KIAs my internal wiring makes me go meh. But after I see all these reviewers get all crazy about them, makes me take a second look. Similarly some people may not perceive the Supra to be great right now but I believe once the camo is off, people get hold of the Supra and the reviews are out the public opinion will change - like it always has.

Have hope A70TTR, Guff and squad. The hard work will pay off. I don't think this will be an NSX story (which went wrong for various reasons including perception).

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
trying to decipher the car at 2:12, sounds like it has an eighter

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
If PR/Marketing in Toyota wants to change perception, I have a simple one theory solution...

Surprise the world scramble and give the Journalists early testers a revised V160 6 speed like manual tranny in the new Supra.

And rejoice as the public, the world, and the enthusiast dollars rolls in...

giphy.gif

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
I've closely followed a number of car launches. People say the same or similar things about every car ever. They look for problems, things they would have done differently, over and over. No car in existence is everything to all people. Once it comes out, things will change. Often when it comes to Toyotas, for the better; sometimes for the worse. I hope for the former in this case.

Jeff

AZSupra

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I've closely followed a number of car launches. People say the same or similar things about every car ever. They look for problems, things they would have done differently, over and over. No car in existence is everything to all people. Once it comes out, things will change. Often when it comes to Toyotas, for the better; sometimes for the worse. I hope for the former in this case.

Jeff
Only car that I can remember having as much hype as this platform, was the R35. That run up to the Tokyo motor show was something else. Wow did the aesthetics disappoint. It may have aged better, it was not well looked upon at launch

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
When just a simple option such as tranny reflects so greatly in the used car valuation and worth of a vehicle such as a Supra as reflected in today's market.

I need not a focus group to tell me anything otherwise.

Automatic TT = 40K
6 Speed V160 = 60K

I do not want to hear excuses, reasons or anything less that there will be a manual option at some point.

Have that point clearly defined and as early as possible, last thing you want to do is piss people off that buy this new in auto only to release what they really want as a manual later on.

When the facts come make them sharp and crystal clear, we had enough of the guessing game.

The new NSX was a blatant disregard for what the previous owners and enthusiasts wanted and for that it failed, listen to what the people want and the car will win.

BRZer86

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Jaguar XJL Portfolio
Did anybody else not see this in the very first second of the video? I think the side vents are functional. If only we could see the other side of the door....

upload_2018-7-26_16-13-46.png
That’s the first thing I noticed when I saw the video. I took a screen shot of it trying to see the layout but with the interior being black, not much can be seen.

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
That’s the first thing I noticed when I saw the video. I took a screen shot of it trying to see the layout but with the interior being black, not much can be seen.
I'm probably missing something here, but what are you guys seeing that makes you think the vents are functional?

BRZer86

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Jaguar XJL Portfolio
I'm probably missing something here, but what are you guys seeing that makes you think the vents are functional?
We’re referring to the drivers side door being open.

Viselord

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
When just a simple option such as tranny reflects so greatly in the used car valuation and worth of a vehicle such as a Supra as reflected in today's market.

I need not a focus group to tell me anything otherwise.

Automatic TT = 40K
6 Speed V160 = 60K

I do not want to hear excuses, reasons or anything less that there will be a manual option at some point.

Have that point clearly defined and as early as possible, last thing you want to do is piss people off that buy this new in auto only to release what they really want as a manual later on.

When the facts come make them sharp and crystal clear, we had enough of the guessing game.

The new NSX was a blatant disregard for what the previous owners and enthusiasts wanted and for that it failed, listen to what the people want and the car will win.
Hopefully the car sells well enough for Toyota to consider a manual later on. If it did come with a manual would have been a no brainer for me, even though the current setup looks real promising.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.