Toyota Supra spotted testing HARD on the Nürburgring - New Engine?

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Might want to also bookmark the one a bit above as the guy is also willing to have someone call him out (not Desmo).
Haha, he's a good dude, I just am being cheeky of him being a skeptic that's all. :)

I also don't know who else you're referencing. I only see DesmoSD who made a comment like that.
Sponsored

SS09ER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS13
ADM is going to be through the roof for these things.

TBH, the M3/M4 is starting to grow on me, even the grille. Might as well get a real M3/M4 powered car. That Isle of Man green... :spaz:

The M3 sedan will start at $69,900 and the M3 Competition sedan will start at $72,800. The M4 coupe will start at $71,800 and the M4 Competition coupe will start at $74,700. BMW also notes that a $995 destination fee will apply to all pricing

driving-green-yellow-front-1-lead-scaled.jpg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&fit=crop&h=800&ixlib=rb-1.1.jpg

That is an UGLY BMW .End of story

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
hk997s said:
Might want to also bookmark the one a bit above as the guy is also willing to have someone call him out (not Desmo).

Haha, he's a good dude, I just am being cheeky of him being a skeptic that's all. :)

I also don't know who else you're referencing. I only see DesmoSD who made a comment like that.
Are you referring to PerformanceSound? :rofl:

That is an UGLY BMW .End of story
I hear ya. I used to feel that way and thought, how and why TF could BMW deviate so far away from the F82 front end. The kidney grilles on the F82 are near perfect in size. When I saw the m4 concept, I immediately saw body lines that hinted of the Lexus RC-F and then that huge front grille. WTF!! I think Toyota had more influence with BMW then just the Supra.

Ironically, after the stream of YT M3/M4 reviews, the car is slowly start to grow on me. I don't hate the car as much as I used to.

424140-plus-de-details-sur-la-future-bmw-m4.jpg

2019-Lexus-RC-F-Specs.jpg

P90396985_M4_M4_GT3-1024x683.jpg

P90396990_M4_M4_GT3-1600x1067-1024x683.jpg

P90396987_M4_M4_GT3.jpg

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Curb weight difference between the two vehicles will be a huge factor and selling point (2021 M3 is estimated to be in the 3850-3900 lb curb weight range while the GRMN Supra will likely shed 100-150 lbs off the regular Supra's 3350-3400 lb curb weight with the use of carbon fiber panels and other go-fast lightweight parts).
Do you have a reliable source for this usage of CF ??? If not, I'm calling it a huge BS. I know Toyota uses some CF in Prius and Lexus RC, but I need some sauce :)

Regardless, I do wonder how many people Toyota thinks they can steal away from BMW or other sports car manufacturers in ~100+K area... Granted if it's really limited who cares, they'll probably sell instantly, but at the same time I hardly think that they'd limit to 200, what's already a limited car.... What's the strategy here, limit the profit after all the engineering, (assuming they will engineer other things and not just a FEA model and crash test for CF body panels)?? I don't know, there's gotta be some exterior differences as well for this twice the price Supra to stand out and not just wheel change and deck spoiler/lip addition.. It's at least gotta stand out like the older 3 vs M3's E92... and more to justify price. Otherwise people can just buy S58 and dump it in Supra like the 2JZ at a fraction.. who knows...

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
Do you have a reliable source for this usage of CF ??? If not, I'm calling it a huge BS. I know Toyota uses some CF in Prius and Lexus RC, but I need some sauce :)

Regardless, I do wonder how many people Toyota thinks they can steal away from BMW or other sports car manufacturers in ~100+K area... Granted if it's really limited who cares, they'll probably sell instantly, but at the same time I hardly think that they'd limit to 200, what's already a limited car.... What's the strategy here, limit the profit after all the engineering, (assuming they will engineer other things and not just a FEA model and crash test for CF body panels)?? I don't know, there's gotta be some exterior differences as well for this twice the price Supra to stand out and not just wheel change and deck spoiler/lip addition.. It's at least gotta stand out like the older 3 vs M3's E92... and more to justify price. Otherwise people can just buy S58 and dump it in Supra like the 2JZ at a fraction.. who knows...
They plan for a 200 car production run because, like you said, it’s already limited. Do they really want to over produce a 100k Supra?
Sponsored