2020 Toyota Supra Spied testing at the Nurburgring (4 minute video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Novice_Mentality

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Subaru WRX STI, 1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale
Now that I watched and Listen more closely I'm pretty sure one of the supra runnin isn't a 6 cylinder might be a 4 and 6 running together.

I can mark the times.

at about 1.16sec 4 cylinder Supra starts, and then from there listen to the two supras run, one of them sound totally diff from the other.

THis is my take I could be totlly wrong
I don't know if you made me think this too, but the first one does sound a little different as opposed to the second one leaving the gas station. I prefer the second one :)
Sponsored

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
haha, I'm more or less unofficially sanctioned to help the Supra along which is something I'm not sure if I have mentioned. it's a verbal agreement of sorts between a few of us including some higher up individuals who would never be named. this is part of the reason why I give away details here and there without too much worry.

basically all of us agree that Toyota needs more excitement, and we are fighting against the future and not so distant past in terms of the opposite.

so, I would never go after anyone, especially for just trying to get more info to discuss among enthusiasts. at the same time, it's not my job to go after people, and I do respect those trying to keep things under wraps in regards to making a release successful. it's all a balance I guess...

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
It will be very interesting to see just how successful this car is, both in sales and with reviewers. There is an amazing amount of Hatorade being spewed on it by the commentariat in the major car blogs whenever this car is the subject of a story. I can't recall a performance car that has had so much negativity dumped on it prior to release.

Last edited:

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
people say change is good, but many people really hate and resist change...

I mean, hell, there's plenty of stuff I hate seeing change, but some stuff simply has to and that's how we end up improving.

I just wish the car blogs and stuff weren't pushing the negativity because people look to popular reviewers and media in order to form opinions on things they don't have immediate access to, and in this case we can see that affecting things greatly.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

I mean, hell, there's plenty of stuff I hate seeing change, but some stuff simply has to and that's how we end up improving.

I just wish the car blogs and stuff weren't pushing the negativity because people look to popular reviewers and media in order to form opinions on things they don't have immediate access to, and in this case we can see that affecting things greatly.
And then you got highway monsters that have been benefitting off of sport cars never getting the ax over in the USA so they can provide ridiculous engines and boost at an affordable price and laugh at anything not even close to power. Most companies tend to be conservative when going through an economy crash tp not lose more money. I have no issue with Mustangs, corvettes and Camaros etc... but it's really frustrating when said manufacturers haven't had to restart R&D like Toyota or Nissan while making minor improvements over time.

Now, we'd probably never get the GTR like it is now, because that is the Q60 at the moment but when you have to start over, it's going to cost a shit ton and not a lot of people understands that. You'd think the automotive world would understand this principle for why toyota sought after BMW's Inline 6 but eh, it's cool to hate nowadays .

if this car does shit on a 100k vehicle via performance, it's going to make them change their mind if the price is right. I'll probably go on a campaign and forward all the accusations and remarks of it being boring or stupid and wait there for an explanation on a vehicle that wasn't even driven yet.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
I mean... in some ways it's just technologies and the times. Last time something this anticipated came out I don't think social media,blogs or even anything internet related was this advanced yet. Guessing that not everyone really had a smartphone or whatever else. Reviews were on Magazine and not youtube etc etc. And of course the number of keyboard warriors were lower. Used to be we get one spy vid or shot once like a year or somthing and now we get stuff almost weekly. It's very different and it will generate alot of strong opinions.

dshandy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Chevy Camaro SS, 2014 Audi A5
What I find interesting is how meticulous Toyota has been with the release of information and details on MKV. Each time the forum hears some news or speculation that we aren't happy with, A70 or someone else comes out with some details, as if the release of these details were planned, that makes everyone love the car again. I hope after that MKV is released there is a video that recounts its testing days. I'd love to see all the hard work that went into this car and then all of the naysayers would truly appreciate it.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What I find interesting is how meticulous Toyota has been with the release of information and details on MKV. Each time the forum hears some news or speculation that we aren't happy with, A70 or someone else comes out with some details, as if the release of these details were planned, that makes everyone love the car again. I hope after that MKV is released there is a video that recounts its testing days. I'd love to see all the hard work that went into this car and then all of the naysayers would truly appreciate it.
It would be awesome if things were planned that way and/or officially done so lol... instead, it's Guff, myself, and some other free agents fighting against an angry mob.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
It would be awesome if things were planned that way and/or officially done so lol... instead, it's Guff, myself, and some other free agents fighting against an angry mob.
15b22135c0188f2409d17e64640aea5c.jpg

^^^ @A70TTR and me. I'll let you guy decide who's who. :p

The Comedian

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Subaru BRZ
Did anybody else not see this in the very first second of the video? I think the side vents are functional. If only we could see the other side of the door....

upload_2018-7-26_16-13-46.png

factsaboutrats

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 LX570 2014 LandSmasher

In what way are the reviews or online negative opinions impacting the Supra?

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tada tries to just focus on what he's doing, but the negative opinions can and will affect sales and perception on release, and this is a car we really hope will succeed so that other versions can be made (maybe V2).

It's what doomed the new NSX along with its crazy high price. That car was already DOA because public opinion was so bad. High price due to decade long development/hybrid drive then killed the rest.

The A90s pricing is likely going to be far more reasonable for spec that folks think, but that's for another day. Either way, the perception part will still be there though...

factsaboutrats

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 LX570 2014 LandSmasher
Tada tries to just focus on what he's doing, but the negative opinions can and will affect sales and perception on release, and this is a car we really hope will succeed so that other versions can be made (maybe V2).

It's what doomed the new NSX along with its crazy high price. That car was already DOA because public opinion was so bad. High price due to decade long development/hybrid drive then killed the rest.

The A90s pricing is likely going to be far more reasonable for spec that folks think, but that's for another day. Either way, the perception part will still be there though...
Thanks for that.
The NSX came out pudgy and bland looking, that's why it was DOA. The Ford GT looks the hotness and sells like it too.

I hope for the second for the Supra, not the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.