2020 Toyota Supra Spied testing at the Nurburgring (4 minute video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
TBH I have zero idea on the arizona climate ;)

Just had a look (purely out of interest)

Phoenix AZ actually quite similar to me... but a little hotter! I get colder winters... often the maximum day temp in winter is 50F. But I'm in the arse-end of Australia haha.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Novice_Mentality

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Subaru WRX STI, 1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember seeing a picture of this car being a liftback.....But I see these lines in the trunk???? Could it be.....:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 5.15.45 PM.jpg

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
could it be what? that's the bottom of the window, and the car is a liftback, as seen on GR Supra GT3 concept thingie

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The base model could be a lift back, while the top trim could be like the LFA where the rear glass pops up due to the retractable spoiler (perhaps :dunno:)

751fe5-GTA5%202016-01-13%2016-21-18-42.jpg

OP
OP
Novice_Mentality

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
could it be what? that's the bottom of the window, and the car is a liftback, as seen on GR Supra GT3 concept thingie
Could it be a retractable spoiler lol. It looks like theres a fake panel there.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
The base model could be a lift back, while the top trim could be like the LFA where the rear glass pops up due to the retractable spoiler (perhaps :dunno:)

751fe5-GTA5%202016-01-13%2016-21-18-42.jpg
eh, even if it does come with a retractable spoiler who has done what you're suggesting? The F-Type is probably most comparable here and they don't make separate liftback trunks between their models with or without the spoiler.

Could it be a retractable spoiler lol. It looks like theres a fake panel there.
zero evidence for one so far, no track videos or pics have ever shown one...plus with the cost cutting nature of this project, it would hurt if they spend money developing a retractable spoiler while skipping a manual trans...

OP
OP
Novice_Mentality

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
eh, even if it does come with a retractable spoiler who has done what you're suggesting? The F-Type is probably most comparable here and they don't make separate liftback trunks between their models with or without the spoiler.

zero evidence for one so far, no track videos or pics have ever shown one...plus with the cost cutting nature of this project, it would hurt if they spend money developing a retractable spoiler while skipping a manual trans...
They could be testing this in Japan? Keeping it under wraps. I know it's probably not likely but the FT1 fanboy in me still has hope haha.

RCF? Not a lift back but would it be that different using this on a supra? Not sure how bulky this is on the trunk.

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 6.27.40 PM.jpg

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
They could be testing this in Japan? Keeping it under wraps. I know it's probably not likely but the FT1 fanboy in me still has hope haha.

RCF?

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 6.27.40 PM.jpg
doesn't make sense why they would secretly test such a minuscule detail in Japan where it is tougher to have long high speed cruises like in Germany & USA. I'm pretty sure most of the development was done in Germany and any publication claiming otherwise is just trying to add fake hype. Sure they have logged plenty of driving hours around the world but every new development & variant (wheels, brakes) of the MK5 has come from Bavaria while Japan still has the old camo mule & wheels..

OP
OP
Novice_Mentality

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Forum insiders suggested that the active wing was canned due to weight and complexity.

Remember this car us only 1300kg in mule guise
Makes sense :(

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
wouldn't be a supra if it were a liftback. If it were a Celica, it could go either way, or both.

They've already messed with the forumla enough by not having backseats, doubt they will change any other Supra hailmarks (beyond it not actually being a Toyota).

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
wouldn't be a supra if it were a liftback. If it were a Celica, it could go either way, or both.

They've already messed with the forumla enough by not having backseats, doubt they will change any other Supra hailmarks (beyond it not actually being a Toyota).
They went with the 2000GT formula, instead
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.