2020 Toyota Supra Spied testing at the Nurburgring (4 minute video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I hope they continue to refine the engine note. That sounds pretty bland. Especially for a bmw six.
Sponsored

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Hoping for an option, either in the driving modes or separately to be able to change the exhaust valves/noise...ex. Audi RS3

Nurburgring

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 Turbo, M3 E46, Turbocharged NA Miata, S2000, Mazda FC3S & FD3S, EP91 Starlet, EK9 Type R, EG6 Sir2, AE86, 3SGE AE86, Evo7RS, F3 race car
Insanely short gearing @0:20
Very controlled body roll @1:05 (and many other vid segments)

Engine sounds great to me for a stock turbo car. Looking good so far!

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
Agree body looks very stable and flat^

@ :59 Seconds listen closely for the Bov!! Sounds sweet.

simply put

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bus
call me crazy but i hear 2 distinct engine notes. one with black wheels has a higher pitch and is less "vocal". the one with silver wheels seems like the tone is an octave or 2 lower and is slightly "shoutier" upon tip in at low speeds. the silver wheels look like the largest set i've seen yet on the car.

also i don't think the fender vents are fake. they look like they're back cut into the fender. ultimately i can't tell. if they are fake that's a bummer. they look oddly well sculpted to not be put into use.
'
'

soundman414

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ
call me crazy but i hear 2 distinct engine notes. one with black wheels has a higher pitch and is less "vocal". the one with silver wheels seems like the tone is an octave or 2 lower and is slightly "shoutier" upon tip in at low speeds. the silver wheels look like the largest set i've seen yet on the car.

also i don't think the fender vents are fake. they look like they're back cut into the fender. ultimately i can't tell. if they are fake that's a bummer. they look oddly well sculpted to not be put into use.
'
'
Might be a sport exhaust they are testing.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I think it sounds pretty good. The M2, M3, and M4 sounds like crap. :p

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
That they do.

BMW have zero excuse for making a shitty sounding I6. They make the best I6s in the world.

Case in-point

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
... you mean the best naturally aspirated inline 6s in the world. Or maybe, just the best currently (seeing as Toyota hasn't had one in a production car since 2007).

As for exhaust note, lets keep in mind that the great mk4 factory exhaust had 3 mufflers, 2 cats, split into 2 pipes and then merged back into the last muffler. It was wee bit quiet out of the box.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Yeah, I'd still argue that the JZ needs some love before it starts to really howl.... but it's personal preference at this point :p

WrinkledApple

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86
Having own a Toyota 86, I audibly groaned "Noooooo..." when I saw the frameless door windows...

Last edited:

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
^ They will need to do a better job of winterproofing them that's for sure. No-one wants frozen windows on their expensive toy.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
..don't think those sort of things are avoidable with frameless doors at nearly any price...I've seen & read plenty of BMWs & Teslas having issues with their frameless windows.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Never had issues with my frameless doors in my A61, A70, A80 or 86? Particularly in the frosty mornings?
don't think we can really speak on that..

I admit frameless doors can have their issues but having a framed door sort of kills some of the aesthetic sportiness from the car.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.