2020 Toyota Supra VIN numbers

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I don't see the head casting to be that big of deal, I actually prefer it. Quicker spool and easier to adapt to a larger turbo. I understand why it can be seen as restriction but VW 2.0Ts are pushing 600hp+ and Q50/Q60s pushing 800+ on their integrated manifolds without issues. If you're going for 1000+ thats a different story but head mods are only a fraction of the cost at that point
Sponsored

Last edited:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see the head casting to be that big of deal, I actually prefer it. Quicker spool and easier to adapt to a larger turbo. I understand why it can be seen as restriction but VW 2.0Ts are pushing 600hp+ and Q50/Q60s pushing 800+ on their integrated manifolds without issues. If you're going for 1000+ thats a different story but head mods are only a fraction of the cost at that point
It's not so much the power levels as it is the effects of having the "collector" integrated in the head. Manufacturers do this to get the engine up to temp as quickly as possible for emissions during startup, and to lower exhaust temps post startup during normal operations, again for emissions. The downside to this, is what the consequences in drastic change in heat caused by over-boosting (600hp, 700hp, 800hp, etc..) will have on head warping...not lifting, warping. This is why at high HP levels, having bigger ports for exhausts and having the collector farther away from the head is ideal in over-boosting when more heat is generated. Look at most turbo systems out there, the collector is outside the head, to dissipate heat away from the head. What BMW is doing, is keeping the heat on the head and relying on the cooling system to take temps down. However, is the MKV cooling system ready for 600HP, 700HP, etc...??? That is why I wonder if Tada San's statement about this motor being 700HP capable was tested in a different environment or with a different cylinder head??

twntrbo03'

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 Supra Turbo Quicksilver ---1993 Supra Turbo Anthracite --- 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4
Just curious, would you still choose the MKV Supra over the following cars?:

- Corvette Base (455hp @ 3298lbs) $55k
- Shelby Mustang (526hp @ 3760lbs) $57k
- Camaro (455hp @ 3354) $40k
I need to go test drive a Shelby! I'm not a mustang fan per se, but those Shelby's look pretty sweet and are starting to grow on me

CantEven_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Cayman GT4
Just curious, would you still choose the MKV Supra over the following cars?:

- Corvette Base (455hp @ 3298lbs) $55k
- Shelby Mustang (526hp @ 3760lbs) $57k
- Camaro (455hp @ 3354) $40k
I would yes. I've already asked myself this same question with all of these cars actually. The closest winners being a gt350 or a camaro zl1. Bang for the buck you really can't beat the Camaro especially a used one. The gt350.....also just a special car. Ive always been a fan of JDM so maybe thats whats pulling me towards the Supra. I am also not counting out those and other alternatives....if this car with the current specs is priced too high then I still may end up with a different car.

What I am really looking for is a platform focused around driving dynamics much like the Cayman but with more tuning potential of a turbo'd engine (larger than 4cyl) like a modern bmw, or gtr. I am leaning more towards driving dynamics more than flat out power.

If i wanted a car purely for acceleration numbers and horsepower numbers I would have kept my built gtr.....can't beat it! The GT4 as of now though is the king of all the past cars i have owned. The sound, the feel, the shifter, the looks all thumbs up. The only downfall of it was the motor being naturally aspirated there is only so much you can do with it and the things you can do.....the price per gain is very sad compared to most. Also most importantly its family starting time so it was time to trade the GT4 for a daily driver plus a cheaper sports car.

We shall see what happens come January

Kaahari

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mkiv -93
Vehicle Showcase

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I need to go test drive a Shelby! I'm not a mustang fan per se, but those Shelby's look pretty sweet and are starting to grow on me
I was never a huge Mustang fan either, but the Shelby's don't really drive or feel like Mustangs to be honest. I know it sounds crazy, but they feel more "exotic". They even look unique and have alot of cool Cobra pieces to remind you that you are in something special. The seats alone make you feel like you are in a racecar. I highly recommend you drive one. Not sure if the dealers will let you take them out for test drives, I know they definitely won't on the GT350R's. American cars have stepped up their game big time in the past 5 years. They are the new "tuner" cars and the features and options they come standard with nowadays make some imports look like Yugo's.

AsupramkvC

First Name
Gerich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hi,
I found this at an Toyota exhibition
Maybe this is interesting for you folks :)
Austrian made car.

DF068A95-5315-4A0A-9618-F4CF90E3D6C2.jpeg
So, aside from the MkV Supra, the rest of the models on the list are also Austrian made cars? I wonder how Austrian made cars will affect the pricing of the car...:hmm:

Nikispeed

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKIV
So, aside from the MkV Supra, the rest of the models on the list are also Austrian made cars? I wonder how Austrian made cars will affect the pricing of the car...:hmm:
Only the Supra is made in Austria. The other models are all made at different factories. You can see it on the starting Letter on the VIN. Some were just Prototypes I guess. The others cars are made in England (VIN starting with S) , Japan (Starting with J) and Turkey (starting with N).
I just guess that this would be maybe how the VIN of the MKV Supras might look like.