2021 A91 Supra vs 2020 M2 Competition(2 week update)

OP
OP

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
I'm still going back and forth between a 3.0 Premium and an M2C. I haven't owned a true M car since my E24 M6 so I'd like to scratch that itch. A base M2 is fairly cheap but isn't all that different from my M235i. That said, the Supra is the probably the closest thing to a new M Coupe I'll ever be able to get...
So i have to admit, as far as feeling like an M-car, the Supra does not feel like an M-car. I dont know how to explain it. It handles amazing if not better than the M2C when i had it, it feels faster, and i like how much lower it sits.

But the M2 C, man there was something just animalistic about that car. I can safely say, that had i gotten it with the DCT, i wouldnt even be in the Supra.

Dont get me wrong though. I much prefer the Supra over the M2C, however in terms of feeling like an M car, you cant get much better than a modern version of one.

Also the difference between the M2 OG and the M2C is massive. You are correct in saying that the OG M2 is very similar to an M235i. It really is. But the M2C is just a totally different beast.
Sponsored

Mcoimpact

First Name
Bailey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 318ti Club Sport 1999 Wrangler Sahara, 2009 C
I do tend to hold on to cars for a long time ; Iā€™ve owned my Club Sport since new, my Wrangler since 2002, and my M235i since 2016. I know either car is a great choice, but which car would suit me better long term is a question thatā€™s hard to pin down. At least I I have the luxury of being able to take my time making a decision.

OP
OP

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I do tend to hold on to cars for a long time ; Iā€™ve owned my Club Sport since new, my Wrangler since 2002, and my M235i since 2016. I know either car is a great choice, but which car would suit me better long term is a question thatā€™s hard to pin down. At least I I have the luxury of being able to take my time making a decision.
I dont know if this will help at all. But if you do get one, would it be your daily or more of a track vehicle? Personally, i find the Supra to be the better daily. its more comfy, has better gas mileage, and suspension is more compliant over bumps in normal mode.

The M2C is more customizable from a driving standpoint with all the M buttons and multiple modes which i really miss. But its a lot harsher of a ride and gas mileage is appalling. However i do think its probably more track compliant. The upgraded cooling over the M2 made a huge difference and the power delivery is just insane.

Mcoimpact

First Name
Bailey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 318ti Club Sport 1999 Wrangler Sahara, 2009 C
I have an R55 Cooper Clubman that I drive to work; the rest of the time Iā€™d drive the new ride(and occasionally the Club Sport). The thing is, I used to drive a Mazdaspeed 3 fitted with Koni FSDs and my Wrangler wears a set of Bilstein HD shocks, so Iā€™m not sure that my wife and I would mind the more aggressive M2C suspension tuning.
Whatever I get will definitely see the track as Iā€™ve instructed with BMW CCA since 1996.
Yes, Iā€™m older than dirt...

muckduck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 95 Supra TT, 2008 T4R
One thing that swayed me to the Supra over the M2C is the seating/driving position.

M2C was fun for sure, but It was just odd being able to look at the top of the hood all of the time lol. Sitting in the Supra did feel more like a cockpit. /Shrug just me, I thought the supra was more fun than the M2c I spent a lot of time in.

M2CS tho....

OP
OP

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
One thing that swayed me to the Supra over the M2C is the seating/driving position.

M2C was fun for sure, but It was just odd being able to look at the top of the hood all of the time lol. Sitting in the Supra did feel more like a cockpit. /Shrug just me, I thought the supra was more fun than the M2c I spent a lot of time in.

M2CS tho....
Yeah very much agree with you. Its a good car, but I always felt like i was sitting on top of it rather than in it. I LOVE the seating postiion of the Supra way more.
Sponsored