2021 F1 season prediction Challenge! - With Prize From APEX Race Parts!

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s a great atmosphere, right? Iā€™ve been three times, including to the inaugural one, and every year, itā€™s been a lot of fun. Iā€™ve been to races in a few other countries too but I think I like Austin the best.
Man the last few laps the energy in the stands was absolutely insane. Couldnā€™t ask for a better first f1 race. Side note though, the fans gotta start doing better, the track was left with so much fucking garbage it was disgusting. Like Spa level amount of trash. Props to Aston Martin guys for staying to help clean

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Poor yuki, getting shit on/scapegoated by youā€™re own damn team, when it really wasnā€™t his fault Perez got spooked and shit the bed. Horner and Helmut can go cry a river, since theyā€™re pretty damn good at that

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
Got a new satellite TV system installed and didnā€™t have any extended record time set, so thanks to Strollā€™s red flag incident I missed Q3! Haha, oh well I have it fixed now!

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Kind of a snoozer today. Quickly paged through the race but didnā€™t seem like there was much action after lap 1. Driverā€™s championship looks over and done with after today. Mercedes looks set to lose the constructors too, I think.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Kind of a snoozer today. Quickly paged through the race but didnā€™t seem like there was much action after lap 1. Driverā€™s championship looks over and done with after today. Mercedes looks set to lose the constructors too, I think.
Today was a great day for both titles, but, 1 engine failure, 1 desperate Lewis punt repeat of Silverstone, and it's back to square one. It's not over yet.

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
I enjoyed the race, but it wasn't one for the ages... Nice to see Sergio on the podium in Mexico. I was impressed with Gasly actually. He got nearly zero airtime, but was ~18 seconds ahead of the nearest Ferrari at the end and secured 12 points for his team. Quite the drive IMO.

-Tom

Last edited:

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
I agree that Gasly had a great drive and received no airtime for his efforts.
Big story was Checo, and honestly for me how defeated Lewis Hamilton looks after the race. Heā€™s giving it 110% and canā€™t catch Max,

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I agree that Gasly had a great drive and received no airtime for his efforts.
Big story was Checo, and honestly for me how defeated Lewis Hamilton looks after the race. Heā€™s giving it 110% and canā€™t catch Max,
The writing has been on the wall since at least France. Hard to believe the W12 won three out of the first four races this season. Since then, other than Hungary, I can't think of another dry race where the W12 has really looked on par with or ahead of the RB16B. With the big forward step Checo has made on setup, I think both championships are over at this point but Mercedes will keep things somewhat competitive. The question is more when than if.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The writing has been on the wall since at least France. Hard to believe the W12 won three out of the first four races this season. Since then, other than Hungary, I can't think of another dry race where the W12 has really looked on par with or ahead of the RB16B. With the big forward step Checo has made on setup, I think both championships are over at this point but Mercedes will keep things somewhat competitive. The question is more when than if.
Ha! Don't even go there. The Mercedes has been the faster car on most tracks. Max just making the difference. When Doormat Bottas can qualify within a couple tenths of Max, you know it's the car. (just using Lewis' logic there)

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Lewis has to take another 5-place grid penalty on Sunday for a new ICE. That should seal the Driver's Championship for Max now.
Also, Vallteri understands me?:
627E5D1E-02C6-4129-A8B6-1F153BBAC6D1.jpeg

Last edited:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hamilton being investigated for DRS opening too far (therefore giving him more speed on the straight) if found guilty he'll be excluded from qualifying and will have to start the sprint from the back.