2021 Supra 2.0 blind spot monitor question...

Willow1308

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have lots of fun vechicles...
I'm looking to possibly purchase a '21 Supra 2.0 next week...and I have a question about the Supra blind spot monitor...

Is there a warning indicator on the side mirrors ... and a beeping tone inside the vehicle... my '19 Mercedes has both...

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
Warning indicator on the mirrors yes (adjustable depending on how early you want it), no beeping tone (thank god). I can't imagine having that thing beeping every time there's a car next to you.

Regardless, I don't find the blind spots on this car to be as bad as everyone says if you know how to use your mirrors.

OP
OP
Willow1308

Willow1308

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have lots of fun vechicles...
Thanks for the info...

My '19 Mercedes only beeps (it's a gentle beep) when I use the turn signals for a lane change
...once I cancel the turn signal... the beep turns off ...rarely do I use the mirrors...

I've owned a bunch of late model vehicles...the Mercedes blind spot system is my favorite...

Wish the Supra had a similar system!

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Warning indicator on the mirrors yes (adjustable depending on how early you want it), no beeping tone (thank god). I can't imagine having that thing beeping every time there's a car next to you.

Regardless, I don't find the blind spots on this car to be as bad as everyone says if you know how to use your mirrors.
This and a more forward sitting position helps a lot. That said, I did go to the European style convex mirrors.
EE3CDBA3-B89B-49AC-A8B1-B5D13C0C2CAF.jpeg

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
The Supra has a vibrating wheel in lieu of beeps.
That is the lane departure warning you're talking about isn't it? Which sounds different to what the OP is describing.
But if there's a wheel rattle linked to blind spots I haven't triggered it yet in 6 months of ownership.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
That is the lane departure warning you're talking about isn't it? Which sounds different to what the OP is describing.
But if there's a wheel rattle linked to blind spots I haven't triggered it yet in 6 months of ownership.
I think it is (or can be). I disabled the lane departure and Iā€™ll get a wheel vibration notification when the signal is on and Iā€™m turning if there is a car or large farm animal next to me while Iā€™m turning. I suppose it would do the same if there was a dirigible next to me as well.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Yes itā€™s the same kind of wheel vibration as the lane departure warning. If you turn on your turn signal when a car is in the blind spot itā€™ll buzz the wheel at you. It can be disabled in the settings though.

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
Interesting.

I guess I just haven't been in that situation to trigger it or more likely I disabled it and don't remember. I disabled lane departure, that's for sure.
I'll check my settings again. :thumbsup:
Sponsored