tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah indeed. Alcantara is the dealbreaker for me or I’d be chasing the blue one. Had it in my S4 and I hated how it aged, not to mention how blazing hot it was.
I agree....

I've had and absolutely hate alcantara seats...Yeah they may grip your body better, but in a relatively short period of time it begins to show some wear and starts to "pill" in places...Alcantara also holds lint and dirt and stains fairly easily and requires far more cleaning upkeep...never again...
Sponsored

Supra CRNA

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR, 2006 Mitsu Lancer Evo 9 RS
Thanks, that’s a good link.

The big thing will be how much extra crap they pile on these. Nearly all the 2020s had another $1000-$1500 in PPF and accessories.

EDIT

More like $2k

With the same garbage they threw on my Premium, it’s $58,730 which is about $900 more than the 2020 I had.
Thats pretty much what my nitro yellow came out to be MSRP last year in october. I did not have a choice of the PPF/extra goodies included (tire kit/supra carpet mat/first aide kit/tool kit/whatever else da fck. I wonder what it will look like for the 2.0’s pricing after all the extra stuff included.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I agree....

I've had and absolutely hate alcantara seats...Yeah they may grip your body better, but in a relatively short period of time it begins to show some wear and starts to "pill" in places...Alcantara also holds lint and dirt and stains fairly easily and requires far more cleaning upkeep...never again...
Alcantara is a brand. Not a material. I'm sure their stuff has various degrees of quality. I dailied my Alcantara STI for years, in high heat and snow, never had a problem. Never faded, never had lint stuck to it, nothing. Was perfect the day it came out the showroom till the day it sold :dunno:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks, that’s a good link.

The big thing will be how much extra crap they pile on these. Nearly all the 2020s had another $1000-$1500 in PPF and accessories.

EDIT

More like $2k

With the same garbage they threw on my Premium, it’s $58,730 which is about $900 more than the 2020 I had.
I just talked to my dealer. They are only adding the options I want. No med kit, no PPF, I just want the wheel locks and safety package. So the other crap won't be on there.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Alcantara is a brand. Not a material. I'm sure their stuff has various degrees of quality. I dailied my Alcantara STI for years, in high heat and snow, never had a problem. Never faded, never had lint stuck to it, nothing. Was perfect the day it came out the showroom till the day it sold :dunno:
Yes, I know Alcantara is a brand which is the material referenced in the A91...And I've seen and have had experience with Alcantara as well with a few different variants...Still not a fan of any of them for the reasons I posted...I can't stand that material...

But as long as your pleased with it then that's all that matters...

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
https://gearpatrol.com/2020/06/17/2021-toyota-supra-pricing/

The 2021 Toyota Supra Isn’t Quite the Bargain We’d Hoped For

Toyota has two new editions of the Supra coming for 2021 arriving this summer, a more powerful 382 horsepower version of the 3.0-liter inline-six and a 255-hp 2.0-liter entry-level model. We already know how they compare to each other, because we’ve already driven both versions — but the big unanswered question we had then was just how much of a bargain the four-cylinder version would be. Now, Toyota has released pricing information for the new car — and the 2.0 isn’t quite as affordable as we’d hoped.

The four-cylinder Supra starts at $42,990. That’s almost $7,000 cheaper than the equivalent BMW Z4 with the same engine, but it’s about $6,000 more expensive than a four-pot Mustang EcoBoost with the HPP package. (The price also leaves room for the Supra to be undercut by the forthcoming Nissan 400Z.) And, if you want a sporty four-cylinder, there are 0% APR deals to be had on the much cheaper Volkswagen GTI and Mazda MX-5 Miata.

Starting MSRP for the six-cylinder Supra will be $50,990 — a $1,000 bump from the 2020 model year. If we accept Toyota at face value that the 2020 Supra only had 335 hp, that seems like a very reasonable trade for an additional 47 hp. The debate buyers will have to have with the 3.0-liter Supra is remains whether to buy it or spend a bit more to level up to the Porsche Cayman, Gear Patrol’s 2019 pick for best sports car.

While the Supra 2.0 won’t leave you regretting your choice in abstract, the $8,000 difference between models does make it harder to argue in favor of the four-pot. At 60 months and 4.66% APR (the average car loan rate for people with good credit in June 2020, according to MyAutoloan), the Supra 2.0 would run you $805 a month, while the Supra 3.0 would be $954 a month. That’s a decent savings, but given the added power and features of the 3.0, it seems like a worthwhile stretch for anyone looking for maximum fun from their sports car.

If you’re looking for a deal, Toyota still has great discounts running on the 2020 model Supra. Toyota is currently offering 0% APR for 60 months or $3,500 cash back through July 6, as well as 90-day payment deferral. It does, allegedly, have 47 fewer horsepower than the 2021 model. But the probability of you noticing that in everyday driving is minimal.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
The 2.0 bargain comes in at countries that tax you on engine size. Doesn't really apply to US though. The 2.0 Supra is for people that also buy 2.0 3 series BMW. And there's plenty of those.
Right, as other have said the 2.0 was mainly developed for places like EU and Japan. Hence why Toyota USA is forecasting such a low rate for the 2.0.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Right, as other have said the 2.0 was mainly developed for places like EU and Japan. Hence why Toyota USA is forecasting such a low rate for the 2.0.
They don't need to sell many. Their profits come from their mainstream vehicles. And BMW shared the development costs so Toyota doesn't care if it sells 5 or 5000 units.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
They don't need to sell many. Their profits come from their mainstream vehicles. And BMW shared the development costs so Toyota doesn't care if it sells 5 or 5000 units.
Of course the Supra isn't their bread and butter. I'm not sure about that. We were told the 2.0 was added to increase sales. All I'm saying is base on the internet's reaction I don't think the 2.0 is going to be hit.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Of course the Supra isn't their bread and butter. I'm not sure about that. We were told the 2.0 was added to increase sales. All I'm saying is base on the internet's reaction I don't think the 2.0 is going to be hit.
Based on the internet the Supra would've been cancelled altogether after it's first 3 months lol. I don't look at that. It's 95% people bitching "it's not a Supra" and being jealous they can't afford it. Sales figures for the next MY will tell the story. Obviously the 3.0 will vastly outsell it, but it's supposed to.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Based on the internet the Supra would've been cancelled altogether after it's first 3 months lol. I don't look at that. It's 95% people bitching "it's not a Supra" and being jealous they can't afford it. Sales figures for the next MY will tell the story. Obviously the 3.0 will vastly outsell it, but it's supposed to.
The internet hasn't been completely wrong. A70 said they were hoping to sell 5-6k units last year. Toyota only sold 2,884 units in 2019. I agree, lets wait and see the real numbers. It probably will, but even the NA turd A80 did much better than the 2.0's projected measly 20%.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The internet hasn't been completely wrong. A70 said they were hoping to sell 5-6k units last year. Toyota only sold 2,884 units in 2019. I agree, lets wait and see the real numbers. It probably will, but even the NA turd A80 did much better than the 2.0's projected measly 20%.
Since the Supra didn't even go on sale till the latter half of 2019 I'd say they were right on target.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Since the Supra didn't even go on sale till the latter half of 2019 I'd say they were right on target.
I'm aware it was a half year. I'm also sure A70 was to, because 11k year was given for a complete full year. Again, as you said, we won't know until we have real numbers, so let's revisit this topic in late 2022/early 2023.
Sponsored