2021 Supra weird stutter on idle

WITCH3R

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Prem.
I just recently purchased a 2021 supra 3.0 with 10k on the ticker. When i picked it up i noticed it had the E85 smell. It does have bolt ons. I have noticed this weird stutter almost like a hickup at idle when i start it. Its suttle but quick to make the car shake a bit. Kinda like a missfire, however the car runs great. I did not notice this when i test drove it. Is this common? It had E85 in it but i put 91 in the tank and after about half tank i noticed this. Would the fuel selection be the issue?
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I just recently purchased a 2021 supra 3.0 with 10k on the ticker. When i picked it up i noticed it had the E85 smell. It does have bolt ons. I have noticed this weird stutter almost like a hickup at idle when i start it. Its suttle but quick to make the car shake a bit. Kinda like a missfire, however the car runs great. I did not notice this when i test drove it. Is this common? It had E85 in it but i put 91 in the tank and after about half tank i noticed this. Would the fuel selection be the issue?
Is it tuned?

OP
OP
WITCH3R

WITCH3R

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Prem.
Is it tuned?
That i do not know. Unfortunately i have no information on this. I purchased it used from a local Dealership. I thought maybe it was tuned with E85, but i do not know.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
That i do not know. Unfortunately i have no information on this. I purchased it used from a local Dealership. I thought maybe it was tuned with E85, but i do not know.
You're gonna wanna find out if it's tuned. You can get the ECU flash count from any of the tuning dongles I believe. You really don't wanna be driving around with a tune you don't know about.

Cheesedawg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Tuned or not I can somewhat correlate this issue. Haven’t spent too much time trying to nail down exact conditions or causes but I have noticed what I think is the same stutter. My only mods are an exhaust, no downpipe, and some wind deflectors.
Sometimes on a cold start when I am sitting there checking my phone or something else that just has me sitting for a couple of minutes the idle is smooth as butter until an occasional and inconsistent sputter. Only happens after the high idle drops. Tach stays steady, but you can feel the vehicle shake and catch itself before going back to smooth. Happens on and off every 30 seconds to minute and an half or so. Sometime also happens when idling at a light or something, but most noticeable when just sitting idle after a cold start.
I have thus far just brushed it off, but might bring it up with the dealer at some point.

travsam89

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 1998 Trans Am WS6
Mine does the same thing, it has its little sputter moments at idle, nothing ive ever been concerned with. Im running ecutek 91 OTS tune

OP
OP
WITCH3R

WITCH3R

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Prem.
Tuned or not I can somewhat correlate this issue. Haven’t spent too much time trying to nail down exact conditions or causes but I have noticed what I think is the same stutter. My only mods are an exhaust, no downpipe, and some wind deflectors.
Sometimes on a cold start when I am sitting there checking my phone or something else that just has me sitting for a couple of minutes the idle is smooth as butter until an occasional and inconsistent sputter. Only happens after the high idle drops. Tach stays steady, but you can feel the vehicle shake and catch itself before going back to smooth. Happens on and off every 30 seconds to minute and an half or so. Sometime also happens when idling at a light or something, but most noticeable when just sitting idle after a cold start.
I have thus far just brushed it off, but might bring it up with the dealer at some point.
Yes this is exactly what mine does.

OP
OP
WITCH3R

WITCH3R

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Prem.
You're gonna wanna find out if it's tuned. You can get the ECU flash count from any of the tuning dongles I believe. You really don't wanna be driving around with a tune you don't know about.
Thats a great call. I will start the process of getting a dongle. Thank you.

Reactions: zrk

CUL8RSAM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 340i F30 | GR Supra 3.0-MT on Order
Mine does the same thing, it has its little sputter moments at idle, nothing ive ever been concerned with. Im running ecutek 91 OTS tune
Could be gas tank breather/ventilation valve. It sits on top of valve cover and is a stupid easy fix. Look it up.

calebc

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra mkv
Hi! Im fully stock and noticed this after I got my most recent oil change. Happened at 6k and now im at 8k miles, havent had issues.

CUL8RSAM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OP
OP
WITCH3R

WITCH3R

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Prem.
Yea, seemed like he has a cel with his issue. Mine is only on the cold start. Goes away after the idle cuts down and it is warm. Never happens again until the next cold start.

CUL8RSAM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yea, seemed like he has a cel with his issue. Mine is only on the cold start. Goes away after the idle cuts down and it is warm. Never happens again until the next cold start.
I had that issue and I never got any codes.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I get that on my stock car. Not a big deal
Sponsored