2021 Toyota GR Supra A91 Edition Revealed. Limited To 1,000 Units

FasTTurbo

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra 6spd (RR) - 94 Supra 6spd (Alpine)
with only 1000 SE total I doubt this will ever go for MSRP. I wish this blue was standard
Just how the launches didnt go for msrp? I helped several friends locate cars all at msrp 2 weeks after release. Never say never!
Sponsored

Sikh_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
They can sell for MSRP, just call Toyota and tell them the dealership is placing a markup and they'll be forced to take it off. Toyota doesn't issue the mark up, the dealership does.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
They can sell for MSRP, just call Toyota and tell them the dealership is placing a markup and they'll be forced to take it off.* Toyota doesn't issue the mark up, the dealership does.
*lol what? Dealer is free to sell the car at, below or above the MSRP. Even the S in MSRP stands for Suggested.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
They can sell for MSRP, just call Toyota and tell them the dealership is placing a markup and they'll be forced to take it off. Toyota doesn't issue the mark up, the dealership does.
i want some of what you’re smoking, please share

Sikh_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
i want some of what you’re smoking, please share
im not smoking anything, I bought just a premium 2020 supra for below MSRP 4 months ago, but before that they had a 20k markup on it. Someone sent a letter to Toyota stating that our dealership was selling it above MSRP, and Toyota sent an Email to the GM stating if they don't remove the markup they would be closed. im just stating what the gm/salesman told me because I asked why did you remove the markup.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
im not smoking anything, I bought just a premium 2020 supra for below MSRP 4 months ago, but before that they had a 20k markup on it. Someone sent a letter to Toyota stating that our dealership was selling it above MSRP, and Toyota sent an Email to the GM stating if they don't remove the markup they would be closed. im just stating what the gm/salesman told me because I asked why did you remove the markup.
Toyota has no authority to close any dealership. Mark ups are also perfectly legal.

Sikh_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Toyota has no authority to close any dealership. Mark ups are also perfectly legal.
im just stating what the GM told me, im not complaining. if you want to pay a markup go ahead. It doesn't benefit anyone except the dealership.

peppersam740

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jag F-type,, 2020 Toyota Supra
Don't believe everything a salesman tells you. I bought a premium a couple of months ago also. I had no problem just paying sticker. No markup on car.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
im just stating what the GM told me, im not complaining. if you want to pay a markup go ahead. It doesn't benefit anyone except the dealership.
I didn't pay any mark up when I got my car. I was only saying your posts make no sense logically or legally as far as I know.

Sikh_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't pay any mark up when I got my car. I was only saying your posts make no sense logically or legally as far as I know.
my post does make sense, I told you what I was told that it. Do what you want with it. If you don't believe it that's fine, doesn't make sense for a GM to make a false statement on why they removed the markup then.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What sounds better to you?

1. We've removed the mark up cause Toyota would shut us down if we didn’t. This car should sell for much more but we can’t mark them up because someone complained.

2. The car is not selling so we need to discount them

if you’re a buyer, which would you like to hear?

Last edited:

Sikh_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
What sounds better to you?

1. Were removed the mark up cause Toyota would shut us down if we didn’t. This car should sell for much more but we can’t make them up because someone complained.

2. the car is not selling so we need to discount them

if you’re a buyer, which would you like to hear?
why are you so defensive of dealership markups? I stated what I was told, to me it doesn't matter why they took the mark up off, they could of taken It off because it wasn't selling or because Toyota told them to. End of the day I didn't have to pay a mark up, that's all that matters to me as a buyer.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
why are you so defensive of dealership markups? I stated what I was told, to me it doesn't matter why they took the mark up off, they could of taken It off because it wasn't selling or because Toyota told them to. End of the day I didn't have to pay a mark up, that's all that matters to me as a buyer.
Here are the facts

1. Toyota has stopped producing 2020 Supra cars a long time ago
2. Toyota has shipments of 2021 cars already enroute to the USA
3. Toyota has a ton of 2020 Supras at dealerships that aren't moving well (covid and superior 2021 coming)

What isn't a fact

1. Someone can write to Toyota corporate and complain their dealerships are making too much money and request they stop.
2. Sales people tell the truth all the time.
Sponsored