2021 Toyota Supra CERAMIC COATING - Best Product Out There?

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Another Ceramic Pro customer here. Its worth every penny paid. Even the dust flies off clean when I hit the intestate.
-RJM
Sponsored

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
This might be a dumb question but is there a point in getting ceramic coat done without PPF as well?
I know itā€™s probably a sin but Iā€™ve had my car for a few months and do not have either so my car has a few spots of chip paint :-( itā€™s crazy, I try my best to avoid debris but my car is like a magnet for it.

Neo1967

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0 topped with CarPro Gliss.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
This might be a dumb question but is there a point in getting ceramic coat done without PPF as well?
I know itā€™s probably a sin but Iā€™ve had my car for a few months and do not have either so my car has a few spots of chip paint :-( itā€™s crazy, I try my best to avoid debris but my car is like a magnet for it.
The main benefit of Ceramic is it makes it easier to wash and rain/hose will often be enough to make the car "look" clean again. With a good coating, you can rinse off a lot without having to wash (it is by no means "clean", but looks cleaner for longer).

Also, the hardness will assist with preventing swirls in the paint. Not prevent, but help.

A lot of people who lease get ceramic rather than PPF. Other people (like me) get PPF on the front, and ceramic all over. That protects the most vulnerable areas with the film.

The real ballers/OCDers (like my g/f) get full PPF and full ceramic.

Short answer is it is fine to get just ceramic and will make it easier to wash/stay cleaner longer.

If you want to try before you buy, get a ceramic spray wax/top coat (like CarPro ReLoad or a cheaper one like Turtle Wax) and spray and wipe off after you wash. See what you think of it.

If you like it, the ceramic coating is a more permanent version - but I learned should be periodically top coated with a spray ceramic like the ReLoad).

Edited to add - most of what you are paying for is the paint correction/removal of swirls.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
Here are a couple options to try for Ceramic Spray Waxes:

Cheap (have not tried but good reviews):
https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-5...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

https://www.amazon.com/MEGUIARS-G19...+spray+wax&qid=1620050470&s=automotive&sr=1-5

Expensive (I just used it this weekend and the stuff is incredible - really restored the slickness to the existing ceramic coated vehicles - Supra and X3MC):
https://www.amazon.com/CarPro-Reloa...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Z4UPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I just dropped mine off to get IGL Kenzo ceramic tomorrow. I've never had a car coated before. Will post pics when it's back.

They are doing the wheels and calipers too. Total out the the door is $1,250. Not sure if that's good or not. Sounds reasonable though.
Where are your pics? :)

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe
Just did my first maintenance wash post IGL Kenzo...holy smokes! Used my garden hose with a crappy nozzle, almost no pressure. You could see tons of dirt in each bead of water. Blew the car off after with a leaf blower and it just slides right off the car. Quick glance in the driveway, it looks pretty much identical to the day I picked it up at the detailer (not the rims of course, I didn't get too picky with scrubbing the nooks/crannies/inside/etc...this was a 20 minute job, max).

So far, so good. Pleased with my purchase.

PalmettoPrecision

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Absolute Zero
ceramic is ceramic is ceramic. if its a real proper product then its all the same thing. Just like sio2 ( silicon dioxide ) is sio2 is sio2. it can all be only made one way or its no longer those compounds. everything else in the bottle is just carrier agents. there is zero difference in the protective qualities of a 20 dollar ceramic vs a 200 ceramic. shops charge all over the place and you are not paying for the coating your paying for the warranty which is basically just them saying yeah we know we are gonna have to reapply it and we are just getting our money for the labor upfront by calling it a warranty. I have used coatings now for many many years and I have doe them all. basically they are all the same and left alone your gonna need to reapply them twice a year. Its basically all BS they really don't do much more then a good paint sealant wax. and sio2 and ceramic 100 percent will absolutely not stop a rock chip thats a bunch of BS garbage. Not even PPF will stop a rock hurling at you at 100 miles an hour. I had xpel 10 year film put on mine and on way home it got punctured. would have been 1000 times worse with out it but it still punctured it. if you want real protection get ppf. ceramic is mostly a gimmick to drain your wallets.

Its like HDMI cables. HDMI runs off a standard. If made properly. There is zero difference in a included HDMI cable or a mid grade or a expensive one or even some that cost 400 dollars. they all do the exact same thing and carry the exact same signal. its all snake oil to separate you from your money. you are paying for nothing. A 2 dollar cable does the exact same thing as a 400 cable. same with ceramic and sio2
Have to disagree here on multiple points (doing my best to leave aside my personal choice to purchase a professional coating)

I had Modesta applied to my Supra after PPF. My jeep is used as a therapeutic test vehicle for correction, coatings and longevity testing. I leave it outdoors on purpose for this reason.

I think you are taking ā€œceramicā€ too literally here. Not all coatings are equal and while some ingredients may be the same, their attributes are objectively proven to be all over the place. Much of this has to do with quality of installation but also innovation.

To imply that there is ā€œzero difference in the protective qualitiesā€ of coatings across the price range is not only proven to be incorrect, it makes it hard to believe you know as much as you claim about the chemical and physical properties of the products. There are some great SI02 based sealants out there that offer good chemical resistance and longevity for the cost.. however they do not even remotely compare to a 5 micron, IR cured glass coating with a significantly higher hardness rating than any modern clear coat. Testing the material thickness pre and post-coating, testing gloss levels and overall longevity testing has been researched and proven extensively. These coatings arenā€™t exclusive to the automotive industry either... which is another conversation entirely, however it should at least be a reason you go back and read up rather than claiming fact based on your personal experience.

If you have the time, means and interest it may also behoove you to research infrared spectrometry, CVD reactors and the complexity of such scientific innovation that plays a direct role in development of these types of materials.

Happy reading ??
Sponsored