2021 Toyota Supra Reviews Compilation

Charlie

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GTS , Landrover Discovery 4, EVO 9 .
This is a very biased report. I wonder whether you are president of the Mark IV fan club. Either way you make some very inconsistent comments and if you are comparing cars at very different price points it might be useful to spell out the difference.

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Does it bother anyone else that some dealer just fouled a perfectly good 2021 Supra some one could have bought (me?) by letting this wannabe film his ā€œreviewā€ to add to the dogpile?

EDIT

I just got (almost) to the end and heard him say that the car heā€™s driving is pre purchased by a customer. Iā€™d be livid.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
I used to watch most of his videos. But now I realize he's gotten too spoiled with driving truly incredible cars. Like okay, let me buy a 100k Cayman GT4 so I can get a "comparable" new 6 cylinder sports car. And his part about the "identity crisis" told me that he doesn't understand that its SUPPOSED to be daily capable car. If it was "focused" and all the other adjectives, it would probably drive like crap on the road. Dude needs to take a step back and reassess a little.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
I used to watch most of his videos. But now I realize he's gotten too spoiled with driving truly incredible cars. Like okay, let me buy a 100k Cayman GT4 so I can get a "comparable" new 6 cylinder sports car. And his part about the "identity crisis" told me that he doesn't understand that its SUPPOSED to be daily capable car. If it was "focused" and all the other adjectives, it would probably drive like crap on the road. Dude needs to take a step back and reassess a little.
Imagine when the GRMN comes out?
Farah: I was kidding!

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' Wrangler Rubicon, 13' 4Runner Trail, 13' R56S
I understand where you say he's gotten too spoiled with the incredible cars he gets to drive. I can definitely see that being an issue and sets the bar for everything at an extreme height. Other than people being irritated about the bmw/toyota partnership on this car and the subjective looks. I believe that 99% of people that drive this car love it. I feel like with the times we live in and all these reviewers and articles people form an opinion about a vehicle before even before driving it for themselves and only go off what others say. Vehicle specs only tell you one story about a car.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
I understand where you say he's gotten too spoiled with the incredible cars he gets to drive. I can definitely see that being an issue and sets the bar for everything at an extreme height. Other than people being irritated about the bmw/toyota partnership on this car and the subjective looks. I believe that 99% of people that drive this car love it. I feel like with the times we live in and all these reviewers and articles people form an opinion about a vehicle before even before driving it for themselves and only go off what others say. Vehicle specs only tell you one story about a car.
That's so true. Driving enjoyment isn't a spec that can be compared on a chart, so that dynamic is usually lost on people. With the future of cars being electric and mostly SUVs, I don't understand the flogging of any new sports car, especially from "car people."

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' Wrangler Rubicon, 13' 4Runner Trail, 13' R56S
That's so true. Driving enjoyment isn't a spec that can be compared on a chart, so that dynamic is usually lost on people. With the future of cars being electric and mostly SUVs, I don't understand the flogging of any new sports car, especially from "car people."
Yep exactly. I'm no pro driver by any means but I have spent time on the road course, autocross and 1/4 mile racing through the years. I also raced dirt bikes, atvs and side by sides competitively. I know how to drive fast and the fact is, I know I wouldn't be able to push most of these cars to their limit on the street nor should I. It's just so easy to get caught up in specs when it doesn't really matter.

Gkmule

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 F250, 2016 Prius
Does it bother anyone else that some dealer just fouled a perfectly good 2021 Supra some one could have bought (me?) by letting this wannabe film his ā€œreviewā€ to add to the dogpile?

EDIT

I just got (almost) to the end and heard him say that the car heā€™s driving is pre purchased by a customer. Iā€™d be livid.
Point taken, but he also mentioned he was not allowed to officially drive it on the road, he was only driving it from the back to the front of the dealership. Hardly fouled, it needed to be moved from the drop off point in the back anyway. How big do you think that dealership is? Lol.

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Point taken, but he also mentioned he was not allowed to officially drive it on the road, he was only driving it from the back to the front of the dealership. Hardly fouled, it needed to be moved from the drop off point in the back anyway. How big do you think that dealership is? Lol.
Absolutely not okay. The dealer ā€œhas to drive itā€ to put gas in the car. Other than that I have every right and expectation that it has been kept free of idiots. What are the chances thereā€™s damage? Iā€™ve literally never gotten a car back from service without scuffs on my steering wheel. You think heā€™s careful enough?

Gkmule

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 F250, 2016 Prius
I would definitely be unhappy if they didnā€™t ask first and would be asking questions if I found out after the fact. But Iā€™d hardly lose my composure over this particular incident after witnessing exactly how this ā€œidiot wannabe reviewer fouls a perfectly good Supra.ā€

Would you feel any better if he worked there?

Agree there are horrible stories of moronic dealership employees joy riding and tearing shit up, but thatā€™s not what happened here.

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would definitely be unhappy if they didnā€™t ask first and would be asking questions if I found out after the fact. But Iā€™d hardly lose my composure over this particular incident after witnessing exactly how this ā€œidiot wannabe reviewer fouls a perfectly good Supra.ā€

Would you feel any better if he worked there?

Agree there are horrible stories of moronic dealership employees joy riding and tearing shit up, but thatā€™s not what happened here.
My thoughts are that his dad probably owns the dealership or something. Sure, what we see in the video is entirely benign but shame on us for assuming weā€™ve been shown everything.

My lack of respect stems from the absolute banality of the review. There are already dozens that cover the same and more.

To answer your question, Iā€™d feel ā€œbestā€ knowing that the car had been driven as little as possible and only as much as necessary.

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
dw-burnett-supras-finals-6-1595000408.jpg

The Supra only arrived last year, but Toyota is already tweaking the formula. Originally, the two-seat sports car, which shares its platform and drivetrain with the BMW Z4, offered a single engine: a 3.0-liter turbo straight-six with 335 horsepower and 365 lb-ft of torque. For 2021, the lineup expands. The six-cylinder engine now makes 382 hp and 368 lb-ft, mostly thanks to exhaust manifold improvements, and the car earns a new front strut-tower brace for added stiffness.

Read more:
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-comparison-tests/a32718030/supra-comparison/

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
There is new review from EVO for 3.0 2021 but in paper form (out now) so.... we needa wait for online publication right?
Sponsored

Last edited: