2022 supra startup issues

Mkmtl

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra premium
So there's 2 issues, I'm not sure of they're related.

1. During summer and spring while temps are well over 10 degrees celcius, when I start up the car(not all the time, randomly, starting in eco or sport it still happens) either cold or while car is already warmed, i get a jolt from the rear, feels like the exhaust isn't attached properly(might be stemming from the engine, idk), but when driving under heavy acceleration or normal, whether in sport mode or eco mode no enhaust rattle.

2. Recently it's snowed, and is below -5 celcius, I started the car up, let it run it's cold start procedure until normal idling, in reverse everurhing is ok, in park everything is ok, but in drive it feels rough, and when at a stop in drive the whole car shakes, put it in park it's normal, in reverse it's normal. When the car heats up after 15 minutes of driving to optimal temps the vibration in drive at a stop, idle, or driving stops completely and the car is normal again.

2022 6cylinder. Car has 5000kms, oil changed at 2000kms, no mods at all. No engine lights or notifications popping up.

What could be the issue. I will bring it to the sealer but before that I want to diagnose possible problems.

Thanks.
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Gotta explain that "jolt". Buzzing, grinding, tapping, rattling, juddering, etcing

OP
OP

Mkmtl

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra premium
Gotta explain that "jolt". Buzzing, grinding, tapping, rattling, juddering, etcing
Feels like built up back pressure, and the exhaust feels like it's moves abruptly. I do t know how else to describe it

RamonDewitt

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic
So there's 2 issues, I'm not sure of they're related.

1. During summer and spring while temps are well over 10 degrees celcius, when I start up the car(not all the time, randomly, starting in eco or sport it still happens) either cold or while car is already warmed, i get a jolt from the rear, feels like the exhaust isn't attached properly(might be stemming from the engine, idk), but when driving under heavy acceleration or normal, whether in sport mode or eco mode no enhaust rattle.

2. Recently it's snowed, and is below -5 celcius, I started the car up, let it run it's cold start procedure until normal idling, in reverse everurhing is ok, in park everything is ok, but in drive it feels rough, and when at a stop in drive the whole car shakes, put it in park it's normal, in reverse it's normal. When the car heats up after 15 minutes of driving to optimal temps the vibration in drive at a stop, idle, or driving stops completely and the car is normal again.

2022 6cylinder. Car has 5000kms, oil changed at 2000kms, no mods at all. No engine lights or notifications popping up.

What could be the issue. I will bring it to the sealer but before that I want to diagnose possible problems.

Thanks.
Have you found the solution?

Last edited: