2023 m/t allocation in the US..which/when/where

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
My car is due any day now and I'm going to see what their finance guy comes up with, knowing full well I'm probably just going to pay cash.

I figure if their guy can miracle me a sub 5% rate I might finance part of it, but I figure the best they're going to be able to find is in the 6% range.
Sponsored

Eddy90

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT
Elaine

Right when I thought I dodged all of the car dealership BS, I get a call from a salesman at Szott Toyota in MI this morning. Apparently the ā€˜dealership ownerā€™s friendā€™ wanted the blue MT they have coming in first, even though I already have a deposit on it and have a VIN / build sheet.
Are you kidding me! I had specifically mentioned to Elaine, that I had heard about some funny business already about a customer that lost his allocation after waiting for months to the "dealership's owner's son" or something like that...And that I did not want another episode like that happen....

They literally pulled it again???

BTW Elaine was the same person that took my build down and informed me of the allocation on Thursday.

Eddy90

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT
4.49 is the best rate I could find recently šŸ˜­. And that's with a bank I hold substantial assets with.
I fully suspect ill be in the 7-8% range from the dealer.
I will beeline for the credit union the moment I walk out of the dealership lot, and see if they can help me refinance with anything under 7%. I cant do it prior, because of the hard inquiry.

Do credit unions MOSTLY have better interest rates?

Eddy90

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT
Man you guys are lucky. I put a deposit down this past July and my dealership still havenā€™t gotten a allocation. At that time I was told I was the first on their list. Last month I called to check up on everything and they then told me Iā€™m second on the list; not behind an employee at the dealership. A little annoyed at that. I am now wondering if I should try and go to another dealership that has already received allocations for other people.. not sure what to do, but I do agree that the way Toyota deals with allocations is complete garbage.
Do not stick to one dealership. Factor in each dealership's allocation track record.
My local dealerships hadn't seen a supra allocation in all of 2022 so I didn't even both going to them.
However, a few dealerships in neighboring states had gotten 3-4 allocations in 2022.
I put my deposit with 3 of them, and will pull the trigger on whichever one delivers first.

Heeltoe3815

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C5 Z06, E46, 3.0 Premium MT (soon)
Are you kidding me! I had specifically mentioned to Elaine, that I had heard about some funny business already about a customer that lost his allocation after waiting for months to the "dealership's owner's son" or something like that...And that I did not want another episode like that happen....

BTW Elaine was the same person that took my build down and informed me of the allocation on Thursday.
These stories are probably completely fabricated to try and cover up their tracks. Before I put down the deposit, I told her to make 100% sure that no one elseā€™s name was on the car.

Rhane

First Name
Rhane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT, '22 Mustang GT, '13 FR-S
Any suggestions on best credit unions and/or banks to secure financing from?

Exceptional credit, $200K+/yr W2, two paid off cars in last three years. No debt other than mortgage.

My primary bank looks like 6% APR. I know rates are killer, but I'd like to come equipped with a good option. How's everyone else been doing? Bought both my previous cars right before COVID, and think I got 1.9% and 2.5%, lol.
3.99 at my local CU (michigan residents / worshippers only). I'm currently 7% with tfs because of rebates, but refinancing soon with that CU!

Rhane

First Name
Rhane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT, '22 Mustang GT, '13 FR-S

yeah whenever it comes to these "desirable" vehicles, the owners can pull strings forsure. I know a dealer in DMV area called and told me a burnout was available for a very reasonable markup but before I could even get to purchasing it, I was told the owner wanted to "add this example to his extensive collection". I literally LOL'ed

edit: another dealer, wolfchase toyota, pulled my cu later allocation bc a sales employee wanted it. just remembered that one haha

PASupra85

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Ascent, 2022 Prius, 2023 Supra (deposit)
Do not stick to one dealership. Factor in each dealership's allocation track record.
My local dealerships hadn't seen a supra allocation in all of 2022 so I didn't even both going to them.
However, a few dealerships in neighboring states had gotten 3-4 allocations in 2022.
I put my deposit with 3 of them, and will pull the trigger on whichever one delivers first.
advice much appreciated.I think I might need to do that. What is frustrating to me is they said they got 3 allocations last year, so Ifigured Iā€™d at least get it mid to late year this year. Iā€™m in PA , so Iā€™m fine if I donā€™t get it till spring/summer. Now that they said Iā€™ve been bumped, Iā€™m nervous that they might only get 1 mt, and if so, not good for me, even at spot number 2ā€¦. That is, until another employee decides they want one šŸ˜‚.

Iā€™m def going to reach out to other dealerships now.

Joker328

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Red 3.0 Premium MT
What worked for me is just checking this site daily to see if any new allocations pop within 100 miles of me and immediately contacting the dealer. Yeah, a lot of them will already be spoken for by the time they show up (even if it doesn't specifically say "sale pending"), but it worked often enough that I have to believe it's more efficient than just randomly contacting dealers, getting on a list, and praying they get something that matches what you are looking for. The allocations for MT's are just too infrequent/unpredictable. One dealer I actually liked working with had just sold one, but said it could be 6 months to a year before they get another 3.0 premium MT.

OP
OP
Rob901

Rob901

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 STi, '23 A90-MT
What worked for me is just checking this site daily to see if any new allocations pop within 100 miles of me and immediately contacting the dealer. Yeah, a lot of them will already be spoken for by the time they show up (even if it doesn't specifically say "sale pending"), but it worked often enough that I have to believe it's more efficient than just randomly contacting dealers, getting on a list, and praying they get something that matches what you are looking for. The allocations for MT's are just too infrequent/unpredictable. One dealer I actually liked working with had just sold one, but said it could be 6 months to a year before they get another 3.0 premium MT.
This is what I ended up doing, I had deposits at two dealers and ended up getting one by searching this page every few days and getting on their lists.

A91Tempest

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT
6CC5E57A-9794-4D7E-9EC4-F619049E7C8C.jpeg

Put my deposit down 12/7/22 for a 2023 3.0 Premium MT in Absolute Zero at Toyota of El Cajon. I was told it would arrive the 4th week of January, but it looks like late February or early March.

A guy pulled out of his deal so I got his, hence me getting one earlier than expected. I believe the one I was supposed to get may still be up for grabs.
The store manager or Finance manager was being an asshole. I walked away from it. If you don't mind me asking...How much did they say it was going to cost?

Chong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 MT
advice much appreciated.I think I might need to do that. What is frustrating to me is they said they got 3 allocations last year, so Ifigured Iā€™d at least get it mid to late year this year. Iā€™m in PA , so Iā€™m fine if I donā€™t get it till spring/summer. Now that they said Iā€™ve been bumped, Iā€™m nervous that they might only get 1 mt, and if so, not good for me, even at spot number 2ā€¦. That is, until another employee decides they want one šŸ˜‚.

Iā€™m def going to reach out to other dealerships now.
Which part of PA? I had a spot for Sloane Toyota's next Supra so that may be a good place to look (if you're in the Philadelphia area)-they were asking a 5k markup but I was able to get them to MSRP

djmad

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ Supra MT, 07ā€™ 328i MT, 20ā€™ Civic AT
I walked away from it. If you don't mind me asking...How much did they say it was going to cost?
This was the initial ad when I first inquired about the vehicle.
Supra El Cajon Ad.png
Supra Cost.jpeg

I had planned to negotiate the dealer installed accessories off since I already signed a Vspec ($59,110 no markup) with a VA dealership awaiting a phone call from their finance manager. However, the El Cajon dealership called me before I could talk to the other dealership so I decided to go down there.

In short, I was only able to knock off the window tint and PPF (getting done from a local shop tomorrow). Throughout all the dealerships I talked to, I told myself I wouldn't get an extended warranty, but I guess my impatience got the better of me since I caved in and agreed. Keep in mind, I've been looking for a sports car for ~1.5 to 2 years now, initially looking at M3's and M4's, but I'm picky on specs and didn't want to overpay (kind of felt like I did cause of the extended warranty).

The store manager or Finance manager was being an asshole.
If it makes you feel any better, there was a fair amount of miscommunication that took place to where I spoke to two finance managers, but ended up dealing with the finance director.

I fully suspect ill be in the 7-8% range from the dealer.
I will beeline for the credit union the moment I walk out of the dealership lot, and see if they can help me refinance with anything under 7%. I cant do it prior, because of the hard inquiry.

Do credit unions MOSTLY have better interest rates?
Sucks because just a month ago the interest rates were roughly half that. I've already started looking at various credit unions to refinance.

From what I've seen so far, yes. Some are better than others you just have to do your research and see who can give you the best rate and is willing to work with you.

PASupra85

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Ascent, 2022 Prius, 2023 Supra (deposit)
Which part of PA? I had a spot for Sloane Toyota's next Supra so that may be a good place to look (if you're in the Philadelphia area)-they were asking a 5k markup but I was able to get them to MSRP
Thanks for the tip! Im in Hatfield, so not too far from me. Iā€™ll give them a call. Was there a specific person you were working with?