2023 m/t allocation in the US..which/when/where

Cozmo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Civic Type R (Maybe 2023 MT Supra Premium 3.0)
This was the initial ad when I first inquired about the vehicle.
Supra El Cajon Ad.png
Supra Cost.jpeg

I had planned to negotiate the dealer installed accessories off since I already signed a Vspec ($59,110 no markup) with a VA dealership awaiting a phone call from their finance manager. However, the El Cajon dealership called me before I could talk to the other dealership so I decided to go down there.

In short, I was only able to knock off the window tint and PPF (getting done from a local shop tomorrow). Throughout all the dealerships I talked to, I told myself I wouldn't get an extended warranty, but I guess my impatience got the better of me since I caved in and agreed. Keep in mind, I've been looking for a sports car for ~1.5 to 2 years now, initially looking at M3's and M4's, but I'm picky on specs and didn't want to overpay (kind of felt like I did cause of the extended warranty).

If it makes you feel any better, there was a fair amount of miscommunication that took place to where I spoke to two finance managers, but ended up dealing with the finance director.

Sucks because just a month ago the interest rates were roughly half that. I've already started looking at various credit unions to refinance.

From what I've seen so far, yes. Some are better than others you just have to do your research and see who can give you the best rate and is willing to work with you.
I talked to this dealer a few times about that white supra you bought, they wanted more for it then what you screen shot has listed and they wouldn't budge for me. I probably spoke to the wrong salesman if you got it for that price.
Sponsored

djmad

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ Supra MT, 07’ 328i MT, 20’ Civic AT
I talked to this dealer a few times about that white supra you bought, they wanted more for it then what you screen shot has listed and they wouldn't budge for me. I probably spoke to the wrong salesman if you got it for that price.
After I put down my deposit they updated the ad to sale pending and was pulled a few days later.

During the first week of this month, I noticed they reposted the same vehicle (I checked the VIN) to $69k. When I saw this, I quickly called the salesman I was working with about the ad, but he ensured me that the price would remain the same that was initially discussed (must’ve already known the other allocation before mine would go to me & they’d have an extra one). Shortly after that phone call the ad was removed.

Based on my 23’ MT Supra hunt, most of the dealers in CA are charging $5k-$10k markups. NV was around $4k+. I was considering some in Illinois and Kansas City, but found a dealer in VA. In the end, El Cajon got my business, but not without 6-7 hours of negotiation.

Just check each dealerships inventory on/off to see if they have what you’re looking for.

Last edited:

A91Tempest

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT
After I put down my deposit they updated the ad to sale pending and was pulled a few days later.

During the first week of this month, I noticed they reposted the same vehicle (I checked the VIN) to $69k. When I saw this, I quickly called the salesmen I was working with about the ad, but he ensured me that the price would remain the same that was initially discussed (must’ve already known the other allocation before mine would go to me & they’d have an extra one). Shortly after that phone call the ad was removed.

Based on my 23’ MT Supra hunt, most of the dealers in CA are charging $5k-$10k markups. NV was around $4k+. I was considering some in Illinois and Kansas City, but found a dealer in VA. In the end, El Cajon got my business, but not without 6-7 hours of negotiation.

Just check each dealerships inventory on/off to see if they have what you’re looking for.

yea that same dealership wouldn't budge for me either. IRVINE is 20k markup and he said they were the more affordable ones. I laughed and told them you are the most expensive ones & passed.

djmad

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ Supra MT, 07’ 328i MT, 20’ Civic AT
yea that same dealership wouldn't budge for me either. IRVINE is 20k markup and he said they were the more affordable ones. I laughed and told them you are the most expensive ones & passed.
Yeah the ADM’s I listed are best case scenario. Luckily for me I had some leverage b/c the VA dealership already had the vehicle in their lot (they sent me pictures) which I showed the El Cajon dealership including my signed paperwork w/ them.

Avoid Toyota of Hollywood (in CA not FL). They had a $30k markup when I asked and called me three days later saying it’s only $20k now lol.

A91Tempest

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah the ADM’s I listed are best case scenario. Luckily for me I had some leverage b/c the VA dealership already had the vehicle in their lot (they sent me pictures) which I showed the El Cajon dealership including my signed paperwork w/ them.

Avoid Toyota of Hollywood (in CA not FL). They had a $30k markup when I asked and called me three days later saying it’s only $20k now lol.
LMAO! yes i called them a couple weeks ago. I was laughing at them while i was hanging up. ridiculous. I have my allocation already at two dealerships. One should be coming end of jan and the other in march. but we'll see.

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
LMAO! yes i called them a couple weeks ago. I was laughing at them while i was hanging up. ridiculous. I have my allocation already at two dealerships. One should be coming end of jan and the other in march. but we'll see.

If you get one I don’t suppose I can have the other :D

derocknc

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Infiniti Q50, 2018 Audi A4
I keep expecting to come on here to see that the "recession" has finally caught up to this car and the prices have gone down but that does not appear to be the case, lol.

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 RX-8, '23 BRZ, '24 3.0 MT
I keep expecting to come on here to see that the "recession" has finally caught up to this car and the prices have gone down but that does not appear to be the case, lol.
I'll take some of the blame because people like me are coming out of the woodworks as self proclaimed car enthusiasts in the car market, when I've been driving the same 2006 Mazda RX-8 along with various CUV/SUV's for the last 15+ years.

Probably most enthusiasts that are in the market for +50$k 2nd car are generally in a higher wealth/income bracket and the higher brackets will be affected in the later stages of a recession.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Sounds like I finally got an allocation for a 3.0 premium in stratosphere at MSRP. I ended up switching to a new dealer and they were able to get it on the first round of allocations.

The other dealer I was working with had a deposit since April of last year and they still don't have one.

I really hate Toyota's allocation process.

A91Tempest

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Exactly what I want:)
haha for sure man. I got an update early morning yesterday and he said it was coming on the 29th of Jan. around 530pm he called and said it just arrived and I will be able to get it on monday. :oops:. I don't want to jynx it..So i am going to wait until It's signed sealed delivered.

Joker328

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Red 3.0 Premium MT
Sounds like I finally got an allocation for a 3.0 premium in stratosphere at MSRP. I ended up switching to a new dealer and they were able to get it on the first round of allocations.

The other dealer I was working with had a deposit since April of last year and they still don't have one.

I really hate Toyota's allocation process.
Where did you end up buying from?

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Where did you end up buying from?
It was one of the big northern VA chains. I'm not sure if they normally sell at MSRP but this was a deal through a friend of a friend kind of thing.