2023 m/t allocation in the US..which/when/where

DanzBurG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 MT Supra, '10 Yaris, '19 Fit
I officially picked mine up last night at temecula valley. Absolute White 3.0 Prem GR MT. Can any admins here help me change my user name. haha
Congrats! How long ago did you order & could you share some pictures?
Sponsored

jamaicaboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Toyota Supra MT
I picked mine up in November. Called around 30 dealerships to get an MT in Absolute Zero. Found one at Dayton Toyota. Initially they were asking $7,500 markup, but managed to get it for MSRP by signing a purchase agreement and putting $2k down to hold it. Flew to NJ to pick it up a week later.

A91Tempest

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT
Congrats! How long ago did you order & could you share some pictures?
IMG_1570.jpg
IMG_2610.jpg
IMG_2616.jpg
sup23_3.jpg

I don't really have good pictures right now, just these from purchasing last night and an editted one i did for my profile picture haha. Maybe this weekend if not next month.

I had a deposit for another supra beginning of Jan and temecula called me a few days later saying they had one coming in. so about 3 weeks.

Voodoomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra Prem. MT, 00 Turbo Miata, 18 Civic Hatch
I'll take some of the blame because people like me are coming out of the woodworks as self proclaimed car enthusiasts in the car market, when I've been driving the same 2006 Mazda RX-8 along with various CUV/SUV's for the last 15+ years.

Probably most enthusiasts that are in the market for +50$k 2nd car are generally in a higher wealth/income bracket and the higher brackets will be affected in the later stages of a recession.
I sort of fall into that. Got tired of the buy/drive/sell cycle every few years. Watched the spike and dip, sold some cars between 2020 and 2022 at way more than I paid with the "well, if something that comes out I like, maybe I'll buy it, otherwise I'll just enjoy the cash" mentality. Then they made the Supra in MT.

Pretax in SoCal (exception of Longo), you can usually get the allocation between $62k and $65k with a few addons so it's not straight markup. When you are arguing about $3k for half a year of your life and hoping you get the right color(and the dealerships didn't forget to put you down on the list so you have to call a few times to get a person who will, etc.) sometimes it just is worth the extra to just get in/get out and have a car you want.

Crossing my fingers right now, the one I have on allocation is set for today to Feb 5th to arrive.

Cozmo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Civic Type R (Maybe 2023 MT Supra Premium 3.0)
Just picked mine up in Kansas City!
74146245-A64E-4732-9B57-ACD7A6D50BB3.jpeg
You sure can't go wrong with white, I am trying to get a blue but my second option is white. I'm hoping I can find an MT Supra soon feels like I have called every single Toyota dealership trying to find an available Supra in Blue or White.

mattcube64

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Wranlger, 2019 4Runner
You sure can't go wrong with white, I am trying to get a blue but my second option is white. I'm hoping I can find an MT Supra soon feels like I have called every single Toyota dealership trying to find an available Supra in Blue or White.
I *really* wanted the matte white A91, but even with multiple deposits from the start of the year, I just couldn’t find one. From there I was debating between crazy Nitro Yellow or staying with the monochromatic theme of my other vehicles (silver Wrangler, black 4Runner).

The latter was allocated first and that made my decision for me.

Moment I picked it up, I knew I made the right call. It looks so damn good in person.

just dropped it off for the weekend for a ceramic coating and tint.

4AE76A24-9F7C-473E-B836-E513232E2B5F.jpeg

Chong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 MT
Car finally reached Freight status!

Timeline so far if anybody is curious:
8/11/22 - Deposit/Order preference placed
12/5/22 - Allocation secured
1/30/22 - Allocation -> freight status

With the timelines I'm seeing from everyone else, hopefully I'll receive the car by mid-late February

mattcube64

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Wranlger, 2019 4Runner
Just coming back to this thread to wish everyone well and to offer some reassurance that the wait is worth it!

After getting delivery on Thursday, I immediately took it in for a ceramic coating, window tint, and interior detail, and so didn't really get to drive it until this afternoon.

I put about 70 miles on her just cruising around town and doing mildly aggressive passes on the freeway.

The thing is a dream. The Absolute White + Gunmetal wheels + window tint looks slick AF. The black leather interior is admittedly basic, but driver-centric. No bullshit. Physical buttons. Solid build.

But most importantly - it drives like a dream. The B58 is smooth as can be, and the manual is just perfect. Nice and notchy shifts and a very simple to modulate clutch with just enough heft. If there was anything giving me a biiiit of pause, is that the steering is a bit heavier than I expected, but it's precise, so you won't hear me complain.

My 6sp Hellcat I had before this was constantly begging me to go fast. To get on it. To slam the accelerator. It begged and begged to be wild. The Supra is different? It tricks you. It pretends to be well-behaved and smooth - perfect for a little sprint around town - and next thing you know you look down and maybe you're flying beyond 90MPH. It tricks you, in the best possible way.

Joker328

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Red 3.0 Premium MT
Car finally reached Freight status!
Same! Our cars were probably on the same ship. Gonna be a couple long weeks ahead, but it's the final stretch at least.

Chillinchex96

First Name
Chex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT
Fellow Supra Mates,

I called about 10 different dealer ships today trying to see if I can get a Premium MT and it seems like there are shortages everywhere? From the 10 I called, 3 out of state are willing to work with me and custom order. From all the agents I spoke with, this one guy from a particular dealer in Ohio gave me the full run down of how the process would work and even told me that the car can be marked up 2k more than msrp if I decide to order with him. He explained to me how the delivery process works since I am out of state. At this rate, it seems well worth getting my build with them. Although I'd rather stay in state (FL), all local dealers have no idea about allocations, and / or they want to screw me over. One of my local Toyota dealers was willing to help me custom order but under the condition I went in person, and only pay 10k over MSRP?? LOL. So is there a correlation with buying out of state vs local? Am I missing something? I just want my MT Premium in CU Later gray and I am pre approved already :( Why is it so damn hard to get one? Any advice is greatly appreciated! :headbang:
Sponsored