2023 m/t allocation in the US..which/when/where

carguy4ycc

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(2) '98 Supras TT, '20 Supra Launch Edition, '82 Supra, '91 MR2, '95 Tacoma, '00 Integra Type R, '91 NSX, '94 Celica GT, '21 Supra A91 Refraction Blue
So I don't do much commenting on this site. But I have found it to be super resourceful...Thanks All!
Freedom rings my friends. Also, we all have different thought processes, situations and financial restrictions...do what's best for you, yours and your family.

Here's my deal. I secured a Burnout for $2500 over. After seeing all the CU Later pics, my mind has changed, I'd rather acquire the CU Later. So, spent 2 days making calls and $10k over was the best I could find. So, I secured it also. (Heard $10k to $45k over) I will honor my word to both dealerships but willing to give up my rights to the Burnout for a nominal fee. So, I'm being transparent about it, I actually messaged 2 moderators on here, so people don't get all worked up. Open to offers but looking for less than half of the mark up I paid for the CU Later.
Some reasoning on my part in paying more for the CU Later is.... I want it! For me, additionally keeping in mind time/paint/money maintenance will likely be spent on the matte white paint A91-MT. Then there is enclosed transport and sales tax I'd pay all prior to me being able to flip it. Which could go either way.
Interested in '23 Supra A91-MT Burnout, let me know. It would basically end up being $6500 over or less if you negotiate.
Thanks All and Enjoy Your Cars!
Scott

@Guff @Supra93

Supra No MK4 .jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

GeneL

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
For the people getting the A91, how much is your deposit?
A dealership does indeed have an A91 coming but they want a 10k deposit... Sounds more like a down payment to me... I'm a little skeptical about the big deposit.
From what Iā€™ve seen. 500-1k

Rhane

First Name
Rhane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT, '22 Mustang GT, '13 FR-S
7K? That's the second highest, someone confirming to pay....next to 10K mark-up I have seen on this forum. Dealer is robbing you with the mark-up so I don't see a bidding war at the dealer, especially if you have the pre paper works done.
I feel like 7k is relatively fair considering most dealers I've spoken to near me have already confirmed that they were able to get people signed up for 10k-20k markup with ease. (Mostly from OOS buyers) I thought MSRP + 5k with no addons was a steal for my CU Later considering all these dealers are scooping up deposits from wealthy west coasters who agree to 5 figure markups. If you aren't early on a list at a MSRP only dealer, you're gonna be paying a big markup unless you're super lucky or well-connected.

Musa_Hanzo

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Rockville, MD I Seoul, S. Korea I Yokohama, Japan
Car(s)
Toyota I Honda I Porsche
I feel like 7k is relatively fair considering most dealers I've spoken to near me have already confirmed that they were able to get people signed up for 10k-20k markup with ease. (Mostly from OOS buyers) I thought MSRP + 5k with no addons was a steal for my CU Later considering all these dealers are scooping up deposits from wealthy west coasters who agree to 5 figure markups. If you aren't early on a list at a MSRP only dealer, you're gonna be paying a big markup unless you're super lucky or well-connected.
Hey, as longer as you are happy! Enjoy the car when you receive it. :thumbsup:

Musa_Hanzo

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota I Honda I Porsche
So I don't do much commenting on this site. But I have found it to be super resourceful...Thanks All!
Freedom rings my friends. Also, we all have different thought processes, situations and financial restrictions...do what's best for you, yours and your family.

Here's my deal. I secured a Burnout for $2500 over. After seeing all the CU Later pics, my mind has changed, I'd rather acquire the CU Later. So, spent 2 days making calls and $10k over was the best I could find. So, I secured it also. (Heard $10k to $45k over) I will honor my word to both dealerships but willing to give up my rights to the Burnout for a nominal fee. So, I'm being transparent about it, I actually messaged 2 moderators on here, so people don't get all worked up. Open to offers but looking for less than half of the mark up I paid for the CU Later.
Some reasoning on my part in paying more for the CU Later is.... I want it! For me, additionally keeping in mind time/paint/money maintenance will likely be spent on the matte white paint A91-MT. Then there is enclosed transport and sales tax I'd pay all prior to me being able to flip it. Which could go either way.
Interested in '23 Supra A91-MT Burnout, let me know. It would basically end up being $6500 over or less if you negotiate.
Scott

@Guff @Supra93

Supra No MK4 .jpg
so...ā€¦.let me get this straight..
You want to sell your spot as being the first on the list?

Hmmm....How about the people who are also on the wait list at this dealer?, who are hoping and wish that you will forfeit your spot so they will have an honest chance of getting the car and pay what ever amount the dealer is marking-up as next runner up?? I don't know man.. Dipping your toes in both end of the water.... Not cool in my book.
If I were you, I will choose principle over greed but that's just me. Good luck to you and sorry for that random s@cker who is(are) willing to pay both parties.

The first dealer with the white A91 should tell you straight up your head that when you forfeit your spot, it goes to the second person who is on their wait list.

Last edited:

GeneL

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra

Scott

@Guff @Supra93

Supra No MK4 .jpg
Yea not sure about this one , but I called my buddy to see if he still have that A91 MT. They do and itā€™s in later gray which is nice. I can pass his info to anyone interested. The dealer is asking 20k for out of state, which I didnā€™t even know was a thing. But if I referred them to him he would do it for 15k.
not exactly a perfect situation but the market is like this because of wholesalers in my opinion.

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Iā€™d be kinda tempted to go with a 2023 MT but I prefer my Alcantara.

and my wheels.
and I donā€™t want the hassle of moving my mods over.

GRSupraguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT Supra, Jaguar F-Type R
Got a call from my sales guy from a dealer in Texas. He said the 2387 is coming in middle of this month or so. He said he doesnā€™t show a qc hold status on it and never has. I wonder if the qc hold is just a SET thing? Can anyone else confirm with there rep in GST region?

Musa_Hanzo

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota I Honda I Porsche
Umm.. if "my boy" offered to rape me for $15k, he ain't gonna be my boy for long!
Yeah, He ain't "my boy" either. ya' what i'm saying? :cool:

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Got a call from my sales guy from a dealer in Texas. He said the 2387 is coming in middle of this month or so. He said he doesnā€™t show a qc hold status on it and never has. I wonder if the qc hold is just a SET thing? Can anyone else confirm with there rep in GST region?
QC hold is absolutely not just an SET thing. I'm TMCNA and mine is stuck there as well.

Kamber

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 6MT
You know what is weird? I thought the QC Hold status was applicable only to the A91-MT's, but when I went in yesterday to Toyota of Hackensack NJ, they had 6x regular 3.0 and 3.0 Premium AT Supras that were all showing status as being arrived at port and on QC Hold since 8/26; same exact wording as the typical A91-MT status with the "Check back every Friday after 2pm, 30 day delay" note.

GRSupraguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT Supra, Jaguar F-Type R
You know what is weird? I thought the QC Hold status was applicable only to the A91-MT's, but when I went in yesterday to Toyota of Hackensack NJ, they had 6x regular 3.0 and 3.0 Premium AT Supras that were all showing status as being arrived at port and on QC Hold since 8/26; same exact wording as the typical A91-MT status with the "Check back every Friday after 2pm, 30 day delay" note.
Damn, must not be related to embargo then..was hoping it was..guess weā€™ll see what happens this week. Whatā€™s off however is at least one person has taken delivery of their 2023ā€¦
Sponsored