2023 m/t allocation in the US..which/when/where

dreadforge

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nitro MT
Will they make enough MTs to meet demand this year? I've been waiting since May 2022. The Rocky Mountain region has only had a handful of MT available so far. The lists are long and the year is half way over. šŸ„µ
I was very surprised at the complete lack of allocations in Colorado for the last 8 months
Sponsored

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
Out of curiosity I checked local incoming on the Toyota website and it is a fraction of what it was showing back in January when mine came in.

Back then local market showed double digits incoming, somewhere around 12 to 15 cars. Now it shows 4.

You have to extend the search range to like 500 miles (which draws in Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, etc.) and just to see a decent selection.

My assumption is that the 2023 model year is probably finished or in the final stages of closing out, and what we might be seeing are the last vehicles arriving to their regions. I started my search back in June of 2022 (coming up on a year ago now) and the super scant selection feels eerily similar to then.

Nedzua

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 MT, 2022 Subaru Outback
I was very surprised at the complete lack of allocations in Colorado for the last 8 months
Just FYI I had to go out of state to get an allocation. For a car like this, if you really really want one ASAP, you really need to widen your search range to 500 miles. Of course I don't know your personal situation but obviously doing so will increase your chances. If it helps, what I did was widen the search to 500 miles and checked Toyota's inventory website daily and called every dealer as soon as an allocation showed up on that search to see if it was spoken for. One day, got lucky and got one that was available. Waiting for delivery any day now~
Good luck on your search!

dreadforge

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nitro MT
Just FYI I had to go out of state to get an allocation. For a car like this, if you really really want one ASAP, you really need to widen your search range to 500 miles. Of course I don't know your personal situation but obviously doing so will increase your chances. If it helps, what I did was widen the search to 500 miles and checked Toyota's inventory website daily and called every dealer as soon as an allocation showed up on that search to see if it was spoken for. One day, got lucky and got one that was available. Waiting for delivery any day now~
Oh I got mine out of state too

Supramazing

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ, Toyota Tacoma, Toyota Supra
Out of curiosity I checked local incoming on the Toyota website and it is a fraction of what it was showing back in January when mine came in.

Back then local market showed double digits incoming, somewhere around 12 to 15 cars. Now it shows 4.

You have to extend the search range to like 500 miles (which draws in Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, etc.) and just to see a decent selection.

My assumption is that the 2023 model year is probably finished or in the final stages of closing out, and what we might be seeing are the last vehicles arriving to their regions. I started my search back in June of 2022 (coming up on a year ago now) and the super scant selection feels eerily similar to then.
Are you still waiting, or did you finally get one?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota
Unable to find an allocation in any part of California. Some dealers say they only service people in their area. Called out of state dealers which 1. Donā€™t ship out of state 2. Have a 5-10k markup if youā€™re from SoCal like me.

Unbelievable

NESS3000

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Wonā€™t be financially ready till about September, i fear i may have to wait it out and focus on 2024. Could be a good thing

Eightohtwo1X

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Strat Blue MT Supra + 06' MT Subaru Baja Turbo
Put my deposit down as soon as the manuals were announced back in April 2022.
Waited.. waited.. waited..

Finally got an allocation a couple months ago and was told departure from the factory would be 4/28.

Last week was told the departure date was moved back 3 months to 7/15......

*Sigh*

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜23 GR Supra Premium MT
Put my deposit down as soon as the manuals were announced back in April 2022.
Waited.. waited.. waited..

Finally got an allocation a couple months ago and was told departure from the factory would be 4/28.

Last week was told the departure date was moved back 3 months to 7/15......

*Sigh*
What's the build week of your unit? 05's are currently in transit, but the 06 group seem to have hit a big delay for some reason. I've been monitoring my buddy's for a bit now. If you're not sure, it's 12th and 13th digit of your vin. 05xxxx for example is 5th week of the year's build group.

Eightohtwo1X

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Strat Blue MT Supra + 06' MT Subaru Baja Turbo
What's the build week of your unit? 05's are currently in transit, but the 06 group seem to have hit a big delay for some reason. I've been monitoring my buddy's for a bit now. If you're not sure, it's 12th and 13th digit of your vin. 05xxxx for example is 5th week of the year's build group.
Just looked and it's an 05, which.. makes sense because it should have been in transit by now.

Only thing I can think of is maybe there was damage at the factory or something.

Supramazing

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ, Toyota Tacoma, Toyota Supra
Oh I got mine out of state too
Thank you! If you don't mind me asking, did you have to pay a lot more than MSRP? I found an exact match out of state for $3,900 over MSRP yesterday. I figured I'd keep waiting for something better. Today it is gone.

Nedzua

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 MT, 2022 Subaru Outback
Thank you! If you don't mind me asking, did you have to pay a lot more than MSRP? I found an exact match out of state for $3,900 over MSRP yesterday. I figured I'd keep waiting for something better. Today it is gone.
So, they originally said they would have a markup so I gave them a hard no on being interested, then they said "what can we do to sell you a supra" and I told them straight up I will take MSRP only and that I have a trade in I could offer and they took it. Hope that helps

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜23 GR Supra Premium MT
Just looked and it's an 05, which.. makes sense because it should have been in transit by now.

Only thing I can think of is maybe there was damage at the factory or something.
Hey just wanted to give you a heads up. Some of the 06 builds finally hit the tracker. May want to see if yours is there since itā€™s a 05. Toyota-tracker.com is the spot.

NocturnalEmber

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mine is supposedly an 05 build group and I picked it up in late January I believe (maybe first week in February). I can't seem to track down any build information, though, and the toyota tracker hasn't worked with the vin since I've had it. Anyone have any idea on where I could find out some history on mine like build date, etc?
Sponsored