Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
Why not just call around on the 30 or so on autotrader? They even have an A91 for 65k. Some are dealer spam sure but I bet there are cars to be had with just a few calls. That’s how I got my a91 in less than a week for just a few thousand over MSRP with never being on a waiting list or putting a deposit down.
Sponsored

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I’ve thankfully been officially given an allocation, with a VIN number and all. Supposedly will start being built next month. Can I comfortably pull out of the two other dealership waitlists that I’m on that I have placed a deposit? Or should I still wait, perhaps until my status goes from Allocation to Freight, etc? I’d love to step out of the way at the other dealerships to help the others in line…
NO! Hold your position as long as possible, those others in line will stay right there. I'd wait until your car physically arrives at the dealership in excellent condition. Soooo many things to go wrong along the process that I'd believe nothing is real and guaranteed until the tires hit the dealer's lot.

Toyota Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FJ Cruiser
I’ve thankfully been officially given an allocation, with a VIN number and all. Supposedly will start being built next month. Can I comfortably pull out of the two other dealership waitlists that I’m on that I have placed a deposit? Or should I still wait, perhaps until my status goes from Allocation to Freight, etc? I’d love to step out of the way at the other dealerships to help the others in line…
Hey just curious, I see you are in Midwest. Do you mind sharing what dealer and when you ordered? I ordered one from Maplewood Toyota (MN) back in Nov and haven't heard anything. I'm just wondering if you're in MN to give me some sort of idea on what to expect.

Last edited:

Stick45

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Palisade
Hey just curious, I see you are in Midwest. Do you mind sharing what dealer and when you ordered? I ordered on from Maplewood Toyota (MN) back in Nov and haven't heard anything. I'm just wondering if your in MN to give me some sort of idea on what to expect.
Cinci dealership- ordered/allocated middle of May- beginning stages of allocation; supposedly will be ready by late july/early august. I call BS, but who knows

Toyota Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FJ Cruiser
Cinci dealership- ordered/allocated middle of May- beginning stages of allocation; supposedly will be ready by late july/early august. I call BS, but who knows
Gotcha, thanks. I'm going on 7 months of waiting with no updates.

OP
OP
Rob901

Rob901

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 STi, '23 A90-MT
If anyone is still watching this thread I just posted mine for sale. HMU through the post if interested.

Toyota Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FJ Cruiser
After a year of waiting with no updates I bailed out. I got my deposit refunded and bought something else. To those that actually got one of these unicorns, enjoy it! Maybe I'll get a used manual in a few years.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
After a year of waiting with no updates I bailed out. I got my deposit refunded and bought something else. To those that actually got one of these unicorns, enjoy it! Maybe I'll get a used manual in a few years.
Sucks to hear that. I just placed a "request" for a 2024 MT with my people yesterday. I know the struggle better than most, as this, if I can acquire it, will be the third MKV I've bought new.

I don't foresee the manual models really ever dipping in value, so whether it's now or in a couple years, the price should be about the same.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Checkout this page if any of y’all still looking:

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/u-s-toyota-dealers-without-mark-ups.1599/page-47

Granted you do have to do some legwork, most of the time. Find one in stock or in route on the Toyota website (using the zip code search). Otherwise, any Porsche is definitely nice!

I did just get my car back from a Porsche racing shop this week. It does cost more to play with the Porsche kids, no doubt. The owner and I were talking about consumables. Huge difference if anyone is in the rare camp of actually tracking theirs. Another reason why I’m mega happy with my Supra purchase :)

Souprahman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Tacoma TRD Sport
Anyone still waiting on their 2023? I see that there are people who’ve already gotten their 2024 anniversary models and here I am still waiting for my 2023 mt premium that i have a non-refundable deposit on for $7500 over msrp (sucks to suck, but I was tired of waiting) Dealership keeps pushing back the delivery date.

Isaleus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT , 2008 Orange GMC Canyon
Anyone still waiting on their 2023? I see that there are people who’ve already gotten their 2024 anniversary models and here I am still waiting for my 2023 mt premium that i have a non-refundable deposit on for $7500 over msrp (sucks to suck, but I was tired of waiting) Dealership keeps pushing back the delivery date.
I doubt there are very many MY23s left. If your dealer doesn't have an allocation you will not get a MY23. Most new Supras on sale will be MY24 for the remainder of the year.

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
Bro you can’t be serious that you have a non refundable deposit on a 23 GR Supra manual that you agreed to pay $7500 ADM. Your best bet is to pray that you don’t get a 23 allocation so you can get out of that deal. Car sales have slowed significantly in the last couple of months. Soon we might even see discounts on new cars like the good old days.

I like to check out dealership lots for fun, and I can tell that inventory is definitely up. Salesmen are actually eager to sell when they see me on the lot. Vastly different experience compared to a couple months ago.

Souprahman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Tacoma TRD Sport
Bro you can’t be serious that you have a non refundable deposit on a 23 GR Supra manual that you agreed to pay $7500 ADM. Your best bet is to pray that you don’t get a 23 allocation so you can get out of that deal. Car sales have slowed significantly in the last couple of months. Soon we might even see discounts on new cars like the good old days.

I like to check out dealership lots for fun, and I can tell that inventory is definitely up. Salesmen are actually eager to sell when they see me on the lot. Vastly different experience compared to a couple months ago.
Yeah they had an allocation back in May which was when I initially put my deposit down. Kept getting delayed.

DR.COKE

First Name
COKE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SUPRA
Dropped a deposit for a manual blue with tan interior. Dealer quote me 1 year. Since it’s refundable went ahead with deposit. Until than I don’t mind trying to pick up an auto for a nice discount.
Sponsored