2023?

Killjoy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37s
Hey all, I had a few questions.
1. Is the 2023 that much of an upgrade from the 22? I know it’s suspension related but is it worth it? (I’ve been waiting for the 23 to drop so I could purchase the Supra, unfortunately they discontinued the only color I would of wanted, turbulence grey, so a 2022 would be my option.
2. Using a turbo kit on locked ecu’s, Is it possible?
are you able to use the jb4 and get a custom map to run the kit? ( on my previous car I did bolt ons And tune for more power if I would of just went strait to the turbo kit it would of got me more power and only for a little bit of more money. Im interested in the remnant kit whenever it’s released. I’m looking to do a simple reliable build 500-550 whp with room to grow if I wanted, don’t want to add a bunch of things so by just adding a turbo, down pipe and a tune seems to be that option.)
Sponsored

DDantas

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 bmw 328d
1. Is the 2023 that much of an upgrade from the 22? I know it’s suspension related but is it worth it?
Hard to tell, no one’s publicly reviewed it yet. I think the reviews come out later this month.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
1. Is the 2023 that much of an upgrade from the 22? I know it’s suspension related but is it worth it?
No

I know it’s suspension related but is it worth it?
No

2. Using a turbo kit on locked ecu’s, Is it possible?
Pure, Vargas, likely remnant, yes. Top Mount/Bottom Mount/Big Turbo, no.

are you able to use the jb4 and get a custom map to run the kit?
Yes. @Jesse DaBears is the tuner you're looking for.

I’m looking to do a simple reliable build 500-550 whp with room to grow if I wanted, don’t want to add a bunch of things so by just adding a turbo, down pipe and a tune seems to be that option.)
500hp on stock turbo with JB4 is definitely doable. I had that setup before going full unlock.

Additionally, you can unlock/clone your ECU through Femto. https://willmy062020plusecugotorussia.com/

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
The only thing I would add on #2 is that you'll need an ethanol blend to make ~500 whp on the stock turbo. I am not sure if you can make 500-550 whp on 93 with a Pure, Vargas, etc. I think so but others here will know better.

But if you want room to grow, you may need to look at a really expensive ECU unlock, which would then open up the big turbo route. Then the only limit is your budget. But that will be much, much more expensive than JB4 plus an upgraded stock turbo.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The only thing I would add on #2 is that you'll need an ethanol blend to make ~500 whp on the stock turbo. I am not sure if you can make 500-550 whp on 93 with a Pure, Vargas, etc. I think so but others here will know better.

But if you want room to grow, you may need to look at a really expensive ECU unlock, which would then open up the big turbo route. Then the only limit is your budget. But that will be much, much more expensive than JB4 plus an upgraded stock turbo.
Sure, yes. You'll need E (and I also used meth) to approach what I assume I got with those numbers. It never was on the treadmill with that setup, but some simple math with 60'/quarter mile time/weight, blah blah, it was likely around 500hp.

OP
OP
Killjoy

Killjoy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37s
No

No

500hp on stock turbo with JB4 is definitely doable. I had that setup before going full unlock.

Additionally, you can unlock/clone your ECU through Femto. https://willmy062020plusecugotorussia.com/
Thanks for the information!
No

No

thanks for the information!

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
Killjoy

Killjoy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37s

What power would I be looking at with just an upgraded turbo, down pipe and jb4 custom ?
I didn’t really want to go ethanol or meth, although in California I have e85 readily available.But I believe I read somewhere the car doesn't like full e?

OP
OP
Killjoy

Killjoy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37s
Sure, yes. You'll need E (and I also used meth) to approach what I assume I got with those numbers. It never was on the treadmill with that setup, but some simple math with 60'/quarter mile time/weight, blah blah, it was likely around 500hp.
I really want a simple build with less problems to worry about with meth and e, unless I could use full e85 seems like a headache to me with more things to go wrong.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What power would I be looking at with just an upgraded turbo, down pipe and jb4 custom
On 93? 500ish. It's a pricey way to get there, but not a bad investment since you'll get some more power out of it later.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
I believe I read somewhere the car doesn't like full e?
It's not that the car doesn't "like" it, it's just that with full E85 you hit the limits of the fuel system pretty early and have to dial back the boost to keep things happy. With the stock fuel system, our cars can make more power on an E50 blend than on full E85. Once you add port injection and a stage 1 fuel pump that's a non-issue anymore, but with just a JB4 you'd want to stick to E50 or less, and unfortunately I don't believe there's any way of doing true flex fuel with a JB4, I think you'd need different tunes for different mixes.
Sponsored