23 y/o first time sports car owner woes

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
My loan is indeed 23k. As for warranties, if I love the car after the first 3 years I'll get a referral somewhere for a good extended warranty. Just ain't no way I'm gonna pay double warranties as said before from someone in this thread!
If you plan on modding, don't bother. Otherwise, I think one of the Mk5 Supra FB groups recommended someone in PA or something like that (this was a while ago, I forget the specifics).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hien

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium (Nocturnal, Automatic)
If you plan on modding, don't bother. Otherwise, I think one of the Mk5 Supra FB groups recommended someone in PA or something like that (this was a while ago, I forget the specifics).
I do plan on modding, that do be something to think about lol... Charge pipe, intake, exhaust, rear diffuser, down pipe, fitment

syyc

First Name
21 years old
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra Pure800
Build your car for how you want it to be 👍

If you plan on doing power mods, you can forget about the warranty, no one I've talked to ever stops at just a cat-back or warranty-safe mods.

Also being a young owner having bought mine when I was 19, you might get some hate from some of the older folks depending on what you decide to do cosmetics-wise. Other than that, there isn't much that you need to look out for.

Thats my personal experience and advice tho

IMG_1336.jpg

OP
OP
Hien

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Build your car for how you want it to be 👍

If you plan on doing power mods, you can forget about the warranty, no one I've talked to ever stops at just a cat-back or warranty-safe mods.

Also being a young owner having bought mine when I was 19, you might get some hate from some of the older folks depending on what you decide to do cosmetics-wise. Other than that, there isn't much that you need to look out for.

Thats my personal experience and advice tho

IMG_1336.jpg
DAMN. nice setup you got there. Love the F1 light! Thanks for your advice. I too am noticing the attention, and its not all smiles and thumbs up

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Enjoy the car and attend track events and learn from an instructor. Best way to understand you car and how to drive it. At 23 do not street race and always keep all the nannies on. There are so many young people that lose their lives being reckless on the road. Be safe and enjoy the car and respect the power.

syyc

First Name
21 years old
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra Pure800
DAMN. nice setup you got there. Love the F1 light! Thanks for your advice. I too am noticing the attention, and its not all smiles and thumbs up
F1 light is the most controversial from what I've experienced irl hahah, people either love it or hate it.

Personally, I drove the car in winter and having a flashing brake light is pretty useful during snowstorms.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
When I was 23, I was driving a 1971 VW Bus with no 4th gear. It cost me $700. It barely got me to school until the engine blew up (I WAS driving around in 3rd gear all day).
If you are lucky enough to have a nice car, enjoy it. I can say that having a car that barely works S U C K S. If I had something nice to drive... oh, man. Life would have been a lot different LOL
Congrats!

OP
OP
Hien

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F1 light is the most controversial from what I've experienced irl hahah, people either love it or hate it.

Personally, I drove the car in winter and having a flashing brake light is pretty useful during snowstorms.
im going to be driving up to New Jersey next month. Kinda worried about cold weather and light snow. OEM wheels are okay? or should i swap?

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
At 23, you're probably older than 25% of the Supra owners anyway. Enjoy the car without any regrets.

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
im going to be driving up to New Jersey next month. Kinda worried about cold weather and light snow. OEM wheels are okay? or should i swap?
Swap your tires to Continental DWS 06 great tire for All Seasons been cooler at night in NJ and also will be rainy next week.

OP
OP
Hien

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Swap your tires to Continental DWS 06 great tire for All Seasons been cooler at night in NJ and also will be rainy next week.
How do you guys drive up there with all those potholes man....

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
How do you guys drive up there with all those potholes man....
I have a Daily its a FJ Cruiser with 37 inch tires lol. For the Supra I leave the suspension settings on Normal Mode and drive it during the day time when there's light out so I can see the pot holes.

DF70955D-BE90-4408-9F0B-A5611B955430.jpeg

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I have a Daily its a FJ Cruiser with 37 inch tires lol. For the Supra I leave the suspension settings on Normal Mode and drive it during the day time when there's light out so I can see the pot holes.

DF70955D-BE90-4408-9F0B-A5611B955430.jpeg
Holy crap! That looks awesome! Congrats on a great life.

gtshnzr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Prem., 2015 Subaru XV, 2003 MINI JCW, 1972 TR6
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if anyone said this above, but take advantage of the NASA track day that Toyota gives you. And then find a local club and do a few track days to learn the car. Once you have fun on the track you won’t be tempted to do stoopid sheet on the street.
Sponsored