First post/ new owner/ A91

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I read through a few pages and can’t find my answer. I pick up my new blue a91 later this week. I wanna do a down pipe instantly.
I wanna do a cat less Downpipe.
Can someone tell me where to start, as to what brand is a good one or even best. Thanks in advanced. Sam
Sponsored

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
I read through a few pages and can’t find my answer. I pick up my new blue a91 later this week. I wanna do a down pipe instantly.
I wanna do a cat less Downpipe.
Can someone tell me where to start, as to what brand is a good one or even best. Thanks in advanced. Sam
You should do some research. Catless downpipes are illegal in some states, and you could be subject to a fine of $2750

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Titan claims great gains and has the cheapest catless available*

Catless is def the way to go imo, but break it in properly first; don't want to see your car in the "oil consumption" thread ;)

OP
OP

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Ooo. Ok. I appreciate both responding.
What is standard break in before so, also I’m in PA and we have no emission laws in my county.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Before you go to a catless downpipe here are a few things to consider.

- Is your car tunable? Check ECU build date, needs to show date as before 06/01/2020.
- If not tunable are you fine living with a Check Engine Light on all the time?
- Are you OK with the god awful smell of unburned gasoline. Think about hot boxing vapors if you start the car in a garage every day.
- Also if your car is one with the excessive oil consumption issues you will need to remove downpipe prior to going to dealership.

Congrats on the new car!

-RJM

swift.mk5

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Supra Premium
Ooo. Ok. I appreciate both responding.
What is standard break in before so, also I’m in PA and we have no emission laws in my county.
The forums seem conflicted but here's what I did, and I don't have the low oil issue yet at 4k miles (12/20 Build Date '21 Supra 3.0)

Since day 1 I drove the car hard with the exception of using launch control (I still haven't used it actually).

Apparently the first 20 miles or so it's crucial to drive the car hard to get a good seal on the piston rings(?) so I drove like I stole it, I went through a tank of gas every 2 days in the first week.
For the first 1000 miles I avoided holding the RPM at a constant speed for > 10 seconds.
On long freeway drives I threw it in sport, drove up to 5k RPM and let the car engine brake down to 3k or 2k and repeat lol.

Here's a thread on this topic: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/toyota-supra-break-in-period.8954/page-9

Off topic, I would recommend picking up these rock guards and installing them ASAP:
https://zl1addons.com/collections/toyota-supra-rock-guards/products/supra-standard-rock-guards

Also you're going to experience bad wind buffeting with the windows down above 40MPH~, here's a thread on how to fix it:
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/wind-noise-buffeting-fixes.2058/

I personally went for the cheap amazon fix, and along the way I realized these mirror covers also fix the issue:
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4001223944057.html

All that being said, welcome to the community!
Remember to enjoy the car, it's a lot of fun!

OP
OP

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Thank you much for the input. I really hope I don’t encounter the oil issue. Can you all go further on that topic. What is causing that?
also. If I just go w a catted downpipe, what would be best.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
What is causing that?
I know you're new, but.. if we only knew. ?

Keep an eye on your oil consumption, some folks think they've nailed it down to the thin oil from the factory. Hard vs. Soft break-in doesn't seem to affect it. We don't really know. I haven't had the issue, but it definitely exists. Also- if you can't tune, I'd definitely recommend that you roll with a catted aftermarket downpipe. The questions that @Loco38SUP asked are valid. It's really not worth the CEL as far as performance gains go.

OP
OP

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Ok. Will definitely go catted. Any advice on what make. Also. How often do you check oil

OP
OP

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Also. Any other advice would be awesome. I take forum advice w real life users over websites.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Check the oil as often as you want to...
If you get a quart low you'll get a low oil warning...
To check oil level you have to go into vehicle settings...there is no dip stick under the hood..everything is electronic...

No advice on dp..sorry..

Steve

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Ok. Will definitely go catted. Any advice on what make. Also. How often do you check oil
I went MAPerformance, lots of folks like Active Autowerk. Fitment aside (both fit great), you're paying for some bent piping and GESI cat - it really doesn't matter. Just look for a no-CEL guarantee.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT