Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue Supra; Track-tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken TCD

Dc2bar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'00 NBP Integra Type R, '18 BMW X6 i50, '16 335i GT
As already mentioned, manufacturer laptimes are not comparable to Sport Auto laptimes.

A few other SportAuto tests for reference:

BMW M2 Coupe (2016) 8:01 - Yes, the non-M Z4 is beating the M2 by a fair margin. This speaks volumes.
Ferrari F430 (2006) 7:55 - Same time as Z4! Not bad company for the Z.
Dodge Viper SRT-10 (2007) 8:13 - A lousy Z4 puts to shame the mighty Viper!
Honda Civic Type R (2015) 8:15 - The 2018 TypeR is faster but IĀ“m pretty sure it would not do sub-8. Honda claims 7:43 hah!
Corvette ZR1 (2010) 7:38 - A GT350 doing 7:34 you say? More like 7:50
SportAuto did an 8:01 in an '18 CTR. You're absolutely nuts if you don't think course condition and driver variance can't swing a lap time by one second. the CTR is definitely sub-8 capable. Just barely, though. It's still unfortunate that should the numbers be similar for the supra, that a civic is a single digit second difference contender with a Supra.

dshandy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Chevy Camaro SS, 2014 Audi A5
You're right. Back on topic. @Nurburgring I read an article yesterday about a gentleman recording the times of the mid-engine C8 mule with a stopwatch. He wouldn't give up the time though as he knew it was far off of what it should have been. My question for you is when manufacturers are doing their own timed runs, how different are the cars they're using compared to production spec (regarding tires, suspension, and weight savings)?

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
SportAuto did an 8:01 in an '18 CTR. You're absolutely nuts if you don't think course condition and driver variance can't swing a lap time by one second. the CTR is definitely sub-8 capable. Just barely, though. It's still unfortunate that should the numbers be similar for the supra, that a civic is a single digit second difference contender with a Supra.
You could say the same about a number of cars in CTR range that shouldn't be. That car is impressive for what it is. It's also incredibly ugly. If you don't mind driving that to save a few bucks, go for it.

Dc2bar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You could say the same about a number of cars in CTR range that shouldn't be. That car is impressive for what it is. It's also incredibly ugly. If you don't mind driving that to save a few bucks, go for it.
the price isn't the issue, i guess its the legacy of the japanese supercar that i remember so vividly from the 90's that makes this car so extremely disappointing so far. I had a TT and it was one of my favorite cars. The "halo" car for every japanese manufacturer were my perfect cars growing up. Toyota had the Supra, Mazda the RX-7, Nissan the GT-R, Honda the NSX, etc etc...and now, the halos are back, but the "Supra" is now relegated to competing with civics. I don't hate the car for what it is, I dislike the car for what it's not, which is a worthy successor to the supra namesake IMO.

Even Tada said he originally planned the car as a mid engine platform, but Akio told him off and they swapped to a FR. They should have kept it that way and named this an MR2

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Even Tada said he originally planned the car as a mid engine platform, but Akio told him off and they swapped to a FR. They should have kept it that way and named this an MR2
I never heard that before, do you have a link?

Dc2bar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
the price isn't the issue, i guess its the legacy of the japanese supercar that i remember so vividly from the 90's that makes this car so extremely disappointing so far. I had a TT and it was one of my favorite cars. The "halo" car for every japanese manufacturer were my perfect cars growing up. Toyota had the Supra, Mazda the RX-7, Nissan the GT-R, Honda the NSX, etc etc...and now, the halos are back, but the "Supra" is now relegated to competing with civics. I don't hate the car for what it is, I dislike the car for what it's not, which is a worthy successor to the supra namesake IMO.
I don't necessarily disagree, but I also prefer this car to an NSX/GTR competitor. Those cars have become something that I have very little interest in. That's just me though. If we were to pretend that these cars continued to compete over the past ~20 years it would be evident that the Supra has been left behind, so I get that frustration too. At least it's fared better than the Z.

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
FYI, Motortrend clocked the 0-60 time of the 718 Cayman S at 3.6 seconds ( https://www.motortrend.com/news/porshce-718-cayman-s-2nd-place-2017-best-drivers-car/ )

Also, if you look at the specs of the Cayman GTS (which only has 15 more horsepower over the Cayman S [365 vice 350]), Porsche has that car listed with a revised 3.9 seconds 0-60 time.

gts.PNG
You are just proving my point. The Supra is going to be about 250-300 pounds heavier. Do the math.

The 3.6 seconds is not something that is repeatedly duplicated, just because one car on a perfect day, in the right conditions with the perfect driver hit that number doesnā€™t make it the official 0-60. Why are you trying so hard to convince me the Supra is a 3.x 0-60 when you have zero to back that up but have a lot of information that point to low 4ā€™s?

Fuck it, if it hit 3.8 months ago with only 350hp and they said it has more juice than it should be a 2.9 0-60 now, whoā€™s with me? Yay....... 2.9 0-60, we did it guys!

Last edited:

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
Is that a fact?
Not a fact but According to logic and all the information out there itā€™s only going to be slightly lighter than the z4. Iā€™ll gladly say iā€™m Wrong if that ends up being the case but thatā€™s unlikely.

Why are people pushing for dreams instead of being realistic, is that so difficult?
Sponsored