3rd gen G29 BMW Z4 (2019-202X)

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
I think it's funny when the renders look better than the actual product. That's just my take on the post above : ) they got it super close. Don't suppose they've rendered a Supra?

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
Do we have any confirmation of the launch date for the supra? Or Public Release? Or what ever freakin' bone Toyota can throw out because this shit is getting really tedious because of the massive, tinglingly, blue balls Toyota decided to give me.

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
More live photos thanks to mockngbrd.

29334813407_5276f83c91_o.jpg

Bonus: What a Z4 coupe could look like. :D

43365150105_5066ab345a_o.jpg
The rear on the hard top render is giving me major 350/370 vibes lol. This gives us a good look at how similar the Z4 and Supra actually are

Patchaaron

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IS350, corolla
lol. BMW developed and designed the car for Toyota.

Initial Toyota statements: Supra will be a pure driverā€™s car
Initial BMW statement: Z4 will be a pure driverā€™s car that you take out early Sunday mornings to have fun when no one else is on the road

At the end of the day.. this is going to be a cluster F$&k. Each will say the same things about their car to make it look better. I wonā€™t even be surprised if this partnership falls apart and crashes.

BMW fans arenā€™t happy about a Supra being their HT version of the Z4.
Supra fans arenā€™t happy about their much anticipated sequel has a BMW engine, no manual, all BMW interior.

Why does this car even exist? Lol.
I kinda hate how much I'm starting to agree with you.

they should have collaborated with ford (Australia) to make a barra 2jz thing.

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
Slow down guys! Itā€™s just the words of an arrogant product manager. I hate what he said and how he did it, but it donā€™t need to be the truth.

Iā€™m very happy with that new Z4 and Iā€™m sure the MKV will be a really good one too.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I don't believe that when he said Toyota ordered a car from them that it means the same thing as one of us going to the "Build-your-own" section of the BMW website. Especially since it is not BMW's plant producing the car, saying they built it to Toyota specs is arrogant when you consider Toyota's involvement in development. Not to mention, BMW will be using the engine parts that Toyota "ordered" from them.

"When we compare the previous collaboration with Subaru, this time it was much more of a challenge. The cultural barrier of German engineers, proud of their engineering, and our pride of what we do best collectively as teams from each firm was something astonishingly different." - Tada Sans

That sounds to me like he is stating the BMW engineers were arrogant and weren't willing to listen to him/change when the project started.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Coupe version reminds me of the defunct Chrysler Crossfire in more ways than Iā€™m comfortable with...

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Do we have any confirmation of the launch date for the supra? Or Public Release? Or what ever freakin' bone Toyota can throw out because this shit is getting really tedious because of the massive, tinglingly, blue balls Toyota decided to give me.
It was posted in the Goodwood thread that Toyota has confirmed sales will start in Q2 of 2019.
Sponsored