6+ minute video of Supra prototype testing in Sweden

The Comedian

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Subaru BRZ
Damn. I bet she’s one of the people that complains about the extra 50lbs in the higher trim models.

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@ 3:28 it sounded like a manual gear change.
Also at 4:19 - anyone has any idea what he is covering/uncovering?

Blupra

First Name
Blu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2 and Honda S2000 - both 6MT
Once all the padding and camo is removed, this should be a pretty car!

The headlights look good!

Last edited:

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Been watching this video some more : that spin that starts at 1:42 - it appears that rear tyres start free spinning rearward as the car starts rolling back when the driver release the brakes, and then they lock up again when he presses the brake some more. Would this be quite unusual for an automatic gearbox, this kind of rolling in the reverse direction to the forward gear the transmission/gearbox was in before?
That is something i expect manual gearbox to do, with the clutch in.

Thoughts?
Could be just a way of seeing what I want to see, but I'm fairly confident that this is the manual car.

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
It's a racecar, so it'll have a sequential gearbox or a dual clutch.

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
Been watching this video some more : that spin that starts at 1:42 - it appears that rear tyres start free spinning rearward as the car starts rolling back when the driver release the brakes, and then they lock up again when he presses the brake some more. Would this be quite unusual for an automatic gearbox, this kind of rolling in the reverse direction to the forward gear the transmission/gearbox was in before?

Thoughts?
Could be just a way of seeing what I want to see, but I'm fairly confident that this is the manual car.
I was having similar thoughts. At times it looked like he was letting it roll back with a clutch or even putting it into reverse while rolling, which you generally can't do with an auto. Hard to tell though.

elpadrino

First Name
eL
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350F, bmw E92, ducati monster

Thoughts?
Couldn't neutral be enabled in a DCT by pulling both levers? I'm saying this because the M2 has a DCT that BMW/Toyota could use here.