Supra Concept Appears In Geneva, VIDEO !

zigzagz94

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ, 3g Eclipse
images.jpeg
Toyota the whole world will be watching don't screw this up. When is the last time people was this excited about a car being unveiled. Time to quit screwing around and bring out the big GUNS!!:flame:

Nobody wants a BMW wrapped up in Toyota shell. At least nobody on this forum.
I'd take a manual M2 in a sexy Toyota coupe shell for $10K and a couple hundred pounds less please and thank you.

Vaevictum

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Camaro SS, 2012 Corolla
So is the countdown timer wrong? Itā€™s showing over a day left, shouldnā€™t it be down to a few hour?
I'm piggybacking on this one; I just went to the Geneva International Motor Show website, and they state that the dates of the event are March 8th through March 18th.. that means we have roughly 2 days until the event (March 7th at 5PM C.S.T. will be March 8th 12AM C.E.T.) instead of 1 day. Are they revealing the cars the day before the event opens, or should I change the date of my Supra-alarm?

EDIT: Geneva motor show website for reference

https://www.gims.swiss/en/

elpadrino

First Name
eL
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350F, bmw E92, ducati monster

Toyota says 3:45am EST march 6th. so the time is wrong by a few hours.

And wouldnt it be awesome if this was a GTE car instead of a GT300?

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
I'm piggybacking on this one; I just went to the Geneva International Motor Show website, and they state that the dates of the event are March 8th through March 18th.. that means we have roughly 2 days until the event (March 7th at 5PM C.S.T. will be March 8th 12AM C.E.T.) instead of 1 day. Are they revealing the cars the day before the event opens, or should I change the date of my Supra-alarm?

EDIT: Geneva motor show website for reference

https://www.gims.swiss/en/
Those are the public dates. These large events are held on the press days before it's open to the public

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots

Toyota says 3:45am EST march 6th. so the time is wrong by a few hours.

And wouldnt it be awesome if this was a GTE car instead of a GT300?
Apparently is GT3/ GTE, not GT300/500 spec.

Just like the M8 GTE concept.

Vaevictum

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Camaro SS, 2012 Corolla
Thank you @elpadrino and @mkivalex ! The clarification is appreciated.

@SupraStew85 Well, the post from Elpadrino says that we'll get the scoop on March 6th, 3:45am EST.. It's roughly 6pm EST right now, so in 9 hours and 45 minutes, they should have some info? The post is from Toyota's official account, so my guess is that it's legit and we'll hear by then.

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
Just so we're all clear:

Geneva Auto Show:
Press Dates: March 6th - March 7th *Toyota Press Conference, starts at 9:45 AM local time, 3:45 AM EST.
Public Opening Dates: March 8th - March 18th *Opens at 10 AM

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
Last but not least, Toyota will also reveal a modern racing concept which signals its commitment to bring the brandā€™s most iconic sports car back to the market.
Think it's safe to say that this means we're only getting the RACING CONCEPT, which is a indication that they will be bringing back the Supra, aka as we all assumed, the Supra street version will not be shown. ugh....disappointing.

https://newsroom.toyota.eu/toyota-at-the-2018-geneva-international-motor-show/

Well, maybe they will give us some information or hint at the specs at least.

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
We knew from jump that this was a race version why is everyone acting surprised?
No one is "acting" surprised, I think everyone was 'hoping' we would see a production version as well. Now we have to hope again, that it will show at the New York Auto Show.

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
We knew from jump that this was a race version why is everyone acting surprised?
The teaser did not indicate if the race version was GT4 or GT3 type. If it was GT4, it would be like production car with wing. But this will be GT3, so much further from production.

Timmo598

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Toyota Supra, 02 Nissan Silvia, 09 370Z
Vehicle Showcase
No one is "acting" surprised, I think everyone was 'hoping' we would see a production version as well. Now we have to hope again, that it will show at the New York Auto Show.
I think even seeing this 'race' version will be awesome and certainly better than nothing.
Think of it this way, i'm sure everyone can work out what it is going to look like minus maybe a wide body kit etc. Its not that hard.
Also, this gives another good idea of what it will look like modified! Which IMO is most important ;)

I am super keen regardless!!!
:beer:
Sponsored