Supra Concept Appears In Geneva, VIDEO !

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
I wonder whether the GT3 SPX will have a production transmission or be replaced with a full sequential? Anyone know what the BMW M6 GT3 runs?
All GT3 cars run a sequential.
Also its mandated that GT3 versions use the production engine and chassis.
Sponsored

Vaevictum

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Camaro SS, 2012 Corolla
Who really thinks a car that looks like that has the same HP as a 2018 Camry now seriously ?? They have been playing us all along ??:hmm:
Exactly, or they're going to give it to you stock with ~400 (+/- 25) running on like 7 PSI but you can turn it up to 17 PSI and get ~500RWHP with a ~3200 pound car. I can't wait man!

Last edited:

Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISSAN Silvia S15 Spec-R
It will be interesting to see the main Japanese tuners (HKS, Top Secret, TRUST, BLITZ, JUN,..) to offer from ECU / Boost-up options to full 1000hp+ turbo kits.

Nic.CH

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris GRMN, Toyota Corolla Levin 1600 GT (AE86), Toyota GT86
What the video shows us is the gt3 version, I do not think about a GRMN version (almost true). Then maybe he'll unveil the Supra on press day only (hypothesis).

For the Supra, I spoke with someone who went to Copenhagen. Toyoda said "This is the new Supra" but that does not mean that it's the definitive name.

Then, it seems that the GRMN version would be entirely a Toyota engine / hybrid and the other versions would be Bmw engines (almost true). And in Switzerland, it was announced in October 2019 (no, in 2018 as I had announced, error of the exitation surely :)) (true)

That's what I know ...

Last edited:

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
google translator sucks
There was all that hype a year or so ago about Google moving their translation engine over to a deep machine learning model. There were supposed to be big improvements - nope. Complete fail.

decryphe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1984 AE86 Trueno GT-Apex 2-door, and a Camry
There was all that hype a year or so ago about Google moving their translation engine over to a deep machine learning model. There were supposed to be big improvements - nope. Complete fail.
What they also did was move over search results generation from whatever algorithms they used before to some ML based algorithms - now it's shit for finding technical stuff, because it's intended to be "smart" in finding related stuff. Except most of the time it's not even remotely related. Often enough I find myself looking at websites that don't even contain some of the search terms I gave it.

Nic.CH

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris GRMN, Toyota Corolla Levin 1600 GT (AE86), Toyota GT86
it's the same for me, not efficient translator

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Nic.Ch, do you live in Suisse? Will you be attending the Geneva motor show in person? That would be awesome.

turboflgrl

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra 6spd hardtop & 93 Miata
I don’t know how I missed this thread until now.... what a find! Alarm is set and ready for the reveal to just get here.

Man it’s been a LONG time since I’ve been this excited about a new car.

soundman414

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ
It will be interesting to see the main Japanese tuners (HKS, Top Secret, TRUST, BLITZ, JUN,..) to offer from ECU / Boost-up options to full 1000hp+ turbo kits.
If the very strong rumors are true that this will indeed use a BMW engine, and with it a BMW ECU — This will not be an easy car to tune and will likely be left to the few that can invest the R&D money into engineering piggy back systems, or replacement ECUs — both of which will be expensive and come with a warranty concern for most.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
If the very strong rumors are true that this will indeed use a BMW engine, and with it a BMW ECU — This will not be an easy car to tune and will likely be left to the few that can invest the R&D money into engineering piggy back systems, or replacement ECUs — both of which will be expensive and come with a warranty concern for most.
B58 ECU encryption has already been dealt with and many aftermarket tuning options are currently available.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I am so ready for a halo car....it’s been a long time saving for a super fast car. I am down to two cars at this point, a GTR or a FT-1 (or whatever it will be called). If the FT-1 delivers with a solid tuning platform for ~$60k, then im in. If not, then ill bite the bullet and spend more for the GTR. Exciting times...

Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISSAN Silvia S15 Spec-R
The reason maybe that the Supra has been placed in this segment, especially after the GR super sports concept reveal, is possibly to leave space for a halo car later on...
This might also affect other manufacturers that are planning to offer competition (NISSAN Z, Mazda RX..)
Sponsored

Last edited: