$65K OTD too low for the dealer?

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Hi OP, I'm assuming you're in Charleston or in the low country based on the sticker. I bought my Supra from Toyota of Greenville. My dealer was Omar Hernandez, they charge MSRP with a few add-ons from Southeast Toyota (cables, toyoguard, cargo mat), but not too bad. I had driver's assist package. Paid $57,836 less trade ($3k). They get an allocation for 2-4 Supras each year.
Sponsored

ChuckD

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium (Strat Blue)
Man literally last week I saw a '23 AT 3.0 Premium for 1k under MSRP :( If you want blue, I know of one under MSRP as well.
What dealer has this car? I have an allocation, actually 2, but both are at MSRP.

eddoug

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 WRX
Man literally last week I saw a '23 AT 3.0 Premium for 1k under MSRP :( If you want blue, I know of one under MSRP as well.
Which dealer around us is selling under MSRP?

Hey, I'm glad that you found an A91-MT again :)

OP
OP
omfgzilla

omfgzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z4
I just put down my deposit. My baby just needs a build date. If you guys steal her away from me............ I'll find you and shoot your dick off with a shotgun.

Rhane

First Name
Rhane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT, '22 Mustang GT, '13 FR-S
What dealer has this car? I have an allocation, actually 2, but both are at MSRP.
Toyota of Ann Arbor. The VSpec they sent me a little while ago actually shows $750 off but the salesman told me $1k off. I believe it’s already here as well.

Rhane

First Name
Rhane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Which dealer around us is selling under MSRP?

Hey, I'm glad that you found an A91-MT again :)
Somehow got it for a lower markup as well lol. Just stuck before the rail step for the past 2 months

OP
OP
omfgzilla

omfgzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z4
Hi OP, I'm assuming you're in Charleston or in the low country based on the sticker. I bought my Supra from Toyota of Greenville. My dealer was Omar Hernandez, they charge MSRP with a few add-ons from Southeast Toyota (cables, toyoguard, cargo mat), but not too bad. I had driver's assist package. Paid $57,836 less trade ($3k). They get an allocation for 2-4 Supras each year.
How are people getting it so cheap?

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
Bro... $5K is a lot of money for vast majority of folks. And vast majority of ppl don't get the limited edition so their car will fall in values faster. And it's rare that buying a car is an investment, it's more of a money pit. And the non-peasants are not on here... they're out there busy pickup their money falling off their trees.

;)
I’d say if 5k is a deal breaker to get the exact options and color set up for your Supra then you may want to look at a less expensive vehicle. 5k is only 7% of the purchase price. Not trying to be rude but it’s not uncommon to find a lot more markup than 5k on $40k hot hatches. Unfortunately this is the market we live in. Yes some can get away with zero mark up or MSRP in their mind as the dealerships have all sorts of ways to show you paying MSRP and in fact you’re not (some areas avoiding markup is near impossible). This was discussed in another thread. However if im paying $60k for a vehicle and it takes $65k to get the exact options and color I want im going to pay it to be happy with the purchase than save 7% and regret my color or options not being exactly what I want. For example the OP was complaining about carbon fiber mirror caps. I wouldn’t want my car to not have all the options. I know everyone may not be on the same page but maybe consider the 2.0 if 5k is in the way of affordability you may be putting yourself in a bad position purchasing the car at all. You’ll be happier with a 2.0 and financial breathing room than a 3.0 and tight on cash.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I paid MSRP for both of my Supras in 2022 but they did have tons of garbage I could care less about. Carbon mirrors, Toyoguard, cellphone cord crap, you name it
 but in my mind I was getting MSRP both times. A deal that felt good to me. So I pounded the pavement both times, like @Axix23 is saying, found a stupid grey car with red interior (being a picky mofo) and started calling every dealer on the East coast that had one. We’d talk until I found someone willing to let her go for MSRP. The Toyota website is clunky to say the least but it can be done. Keep searching, changing zip codes and calling.

Last edited:

ChuckD

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium (Strat Blue)
Toyota of Ann Arbor. The VSpec they sent me a little while ago actually shows $750 off but the salesman told me $1k off. I believe it’s already here as well.
Thats interesting. I was working with them a month ago and they were going to sell me this car at MSRP. The next day they said they wanted 2K over since I was out of state.

Rhane

First Name
Rhane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thats interesting. I was working with them a month ago and they were going to sell me this car at MSRP. The next day they said they wanted 2K over since I was out of state.
Hmm I guess that’s a in-state deal then

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
In the end the customer controls the sale. It’s either a price and configuration you’re comfortable with based on what you are offered or it isn’t. You buy the car or you don’t. Weather you pay in dealer added accessories or just normal markup it’s all in your hands.
Sponsored