Dealer wants $85k OTD for A91 C U Later MT

Razors Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Door guards, paint protector, nitrogen in tires, car tracker, and some other stuff. So you are pretty spot on.
Hahaha they didn’t do shit to the car but add $6,000 of bullshit and lies. Glad you walked away.
Sponsored

Professor SKO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra A91
$71K OTD? What does OTD stand for? How much is $1000 OTD when converted in US Dollars (USD)?

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
$71K OTD? What does OTD stand for? How much is $1000 OTD when converted in US Dollars (USD)?
OTD should be out the door. All tax title licensing and everything added.

With that being said I bought a new 2023 3.0 premium with some dealer installed crap.
The OTD was 63k and some change. I had to travel to another state for it so there was a bit more paperwork for the dealer. I told them to also take all the other "buy here and get this stuff free for life" things removed.

cbrummell

First Name
carson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 nitro yellow supra 3.0 premium
so crazy reading the struggles you american guys go through to get your cars and the markups blow my mind...

in canada markup is illegal on a new car and if you ordered it they aren't allowed to add anything to the price without your approval i walked into my local dealer put $1000 down to place my order and 4 months later i had a brand new 2022 premium 3.0 for 78k CANADIAN out the door tax title and registered.

can't even begin to imagine paying even close to that number in U.S dollars for the same car

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT CU Later Grey
“OTD” is nice to know from a buyer’s perspective, but it’s useless for this forum. I.E. are we talking about a price with 10% sales tax added in CA or a price with 0% sales tax added in NV?

So in the case of $71K OTD, was that A91-MT priced at $64K with 10% tax or was it priced at $71K?

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Paying over MSRP for a car is like eating Sushi at Nobu. It is not a decision fueled by making money, losing little money, hopping in and out of a car for a 6 month fun ride and not be upside down much.

If you want the car and can justify the money, you should get it. I could have a brand new Evo9 MR for $2k over, one of the last ones at a dealer and I was like..I don't want to pay that and went and leased a C6 Vette instead. I regret that decision right now.

Oh and that $2000 since 2005-2006 has been sitting in my bank account doing literally nothing...earning like an average of 1-3%. I would rather have a few years of Evo memories instead.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
Paying over MSRP for a car is like eating Sushi at Nobu. It is not a decision fueled by making money, losing little money, hopping in and out of a car for a 6 month fun ride and not be upside down much.

If you want the car and can justify the money, you should get it. I could have a brand new Evo9 MR for $2k over, one of the last ones at a dealer and I was like..I don't want to pay that and went and leased a C6 Vette instead. I regret that decision right now.

Oh and that $2000 since 2005-2006 has been sitting in my bank account doing literally nothing...earning like an average of 1-3%. I would rather have a few years of Evo memories instead.
It's okay dude, the Evo MR transmission would have blown up on you at least twice.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
“OTD” is nice to know from a buyer’s perspective, but it’s useless for this forum. I.E. are we talking about a price with 10% sales tax added in CA or a price with 0% sales tax added in NV?

So in the case of $71K OTD, was that A91-MT priced at $64K with 10% tax or was it priced at $71K?
Tell me more about this 0% sales tax in Nevada please... because that's a hack I'd love to find! We're under 10%, but unless you live in a place where indoor plumbing is considered "high tech"... it's well above the minimum state rate of 6.85%. :D

We basically have CA level taxes in most urban areas here... just no state income tax (like WA, right?). Maybe you were thinking of OR or AK... I think those are the only states without sales and use taxes IIRC.

Agree however on the uselessness of OTD pricing... so many factors differ. Double that if a trade in was used since that will offset sales taxes.

Mrgolde

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nocturnal 3.0 premium MT
Just saw this today…. Dealerships are crazy.
719E9203-2302-46A9-B7CB-97B64BBC8F70.jpeg

Andrew__a90

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
I walked away but is it just me or is that ridiculous? It Has 6000 miles on it. Told them I’d do $71k OTD and that was generous because I could put a deposit down and get a new 2024 45th anniversary edition MT for $80k OTD which is still marked up but my point being it’s a brand new 2024 that hasn’t been owned by anyone yet and is still less. Sticker price was $71,800 then they added $5970 of “dealer accessories” that were not removable so they say and after tax it was around 84/85k OTD
I think it’s worth buying out of state, OURISMAN Toyota here in Richmond VA never does mark ups and gets a ton of Supras in. I would give them a call, worse case you have it shipped to you or make a coast to coast trip but you’ll save about 20 grand.

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT CU Later Grey
Tell me more about this 0% sales tax in Nevada please... because that's a hack I'd love to find! We're under 10%, but unless you live in a place where indoor plumbing is considered "high tech"... it's well above the minimum state rate of 6.85%. :D

We basically have CA level taxes in most urban areas here... just no state income tax (like WA, right?). Maybe you were thinking of OR or AK... I think those are the only states without sales and use taxes IIRC.

Agree however on the uselessness of OTD pricing... so many factors differ. Double that if a trade in was used since that will offset sales taxes.
Sorry… I had it in my head that NV was a sales-tax free (0%) state. I should have used OR or MT in my example.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
Meanwhile, I’m a month into my Mikan Blast 45th purchased at MSRP. All that money saved is why it’s already got AA downpipe and catback, MSS springs, Cusco sway bar, MST intake, tint, shift knob, NVS and Rexspeed carbon along with some OEM+ functional vents

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Just saw this today…. Dealerships are crazy.
719E9203-2302-46A9-B7CB-97B64BBC8F70.jpeg
Please pay 20k over for our car and here are some pictures we took in our mud pit filled with nails and garbage. Amazing.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Good for you for walking away. These dealers are literally robbing customers in plain sight...no shame. One thing I don't understand with these dealers is, it would be worth their while to sell as many cars as possible at MSRP versus selling fewer cars for higher markup. It is why superstores stay in business and smaller dealers don't. I also agree with someone reply earlier that for anything above $68k OTD, start looking into a Porsche. Porsche dealers actually want to sell their cars and get them in peoples hands.

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
I think it’s worth buying out of state, OURISMAN Toyota here in Richmond VA never does mark ups and gets a ton of Supras in. I would give them a call, worse case you have it shipped to you or make a coast to coast trip but you’ll save about 20 grand.
Problem with this is when you go to register it in your home state, they charge you taxes. At least in Maryland, "the tax state"
Sponsored