6MT_Supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A90 Supra MT
Lol I don’t get why you’re so salty, read the OP. This is normal in the Toronto car market right now.

Guy is in Cali getting upset over a post in Canada. Enjoy your car and stay off this post wasting our time.
Sponsored

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Lol I don’t get why you’re so salty, read the OP. This is normal in the Toronto car market right now.

Guy is in Cali getting upset over a post in Canada. Enjoy your car and stay off this post wasting our time.
So the solution to the car market in Toronto is to be part of the problem. Solid.

But it’s ok. Anyone who needs to go through all the trouble of buying and trading an 2023 MT for a 2020 AT + cash is probably doing so because it’s the only way they can afford a Supra. I hope it works out for you.

OP
OP

6MT_Supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A90 Supra MT
So the solution to the car market in Toronto is to be part of the problem. Solid.

But it’s ok. Anyone who needs to go through all the trouble of buying and trading an 2023 MT for a 2020 AT + cash is probably doing so because it’s the only way they can afford a Supra. I hope it works out for you.
Thanks hope you find an allocation within the next month at MSRP

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
Damn, sad to see the SupraTeam doing this to ourselves. This ran me off the Corvette forum. 😔

This would probably look better if you could simply sell your spot at the selling dealer. Doesn't eat at me too much, but if you read below, it bothers Toyota. Ford has similar concerns.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/toyota-new-car-scalpers-pushing-up-prices/

Drive what you want people.....

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I feel like this issue has always been around but it’s been amplified in the recent market place. Dealerships themselves perpetuate the problem through ADMs and pseudo-used car markups. It’s already getting better though. C8s have plummeted in used price - the one I was considering prior to the Supra lost 15k in market value in 7 months - you can officially get a 3LT for mid to low 80k. Same thing with the M3 and M4.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Yup. These cars are available, worth the wait, and I wouldn’t pay a dime over and didn’t for two of these awesome cars. Just shop around people, use the Toyota website or old fashion call around. It’s kinda fun believe it or not.

Modern Toyota in Winston Salem NC would be my 1st go to. There’s a whole thread right on this forum on how to find the Supra of your dreams 😉 at MSRP.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
This car guy isn't even flipping a car for profit, he doesn't have it, a scammer. Basically he wants someone to say I'll give you my 2020 for FREE and give you $20000 CASH on top. Then he'll TRADE his allocation to the 2023 that will be available in a month

OP
OP

6MT_Supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A90 Supra MT
This car guy isn't even flipping a car for profit, he doesn't have it, a scammer. Basically he wants someone to say I'll give you my 2020 for FREE and give you $20000 CASH on top. Then he'll TRADE his allocation to the 2023 that will be available in a month
I buy your car. You pay the allocation I’m charging and take delivery of the car in May from the dealer.

I’m convinced you’re mentally challenged…

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
I buy your car. You pay the allocation I’m charging and take delivery of the car in May from the dealer.

I’m convinced you’re mentally challenged…
Spoken like a true scammer. This is the trade you're talking about, not trading a car. But an allocation, what a joke.

shownfu

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Value allocation at $20K to get that price off a used 2020.
Buy used 2020 for ~$30K.
Profit.

Whoever "trades" this person still has to pay the markup the dealer will impose.

OP
OP

6MT_Supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A90 Supra MT
Value allocation at $20K to get that price off a used 2020.
Buy used 2020 for ~$30K.
Profit.

Whoever "trades" this person still has to pay the markup the dealer will impose.
Finally someone with a brain.

The bill of sale is signed at MSRP. No dealer markup.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Finally someone with a brain.

The bill of sale is signed at MSRP. No dealer markup.
Okay, no hating on you. Just trying to understand.

Let’s say someone doesn’t want to do the “work“ you did to find a car. Such as going on the Toyota website and entering zip codes in the search field and put their own deposit down like we already did to obtain our current cars.

How much to buy yours? Real number? As in a total. The buyer should start there 1st. Irrespective of what they own. Then they would turn around and pay you the difference of their cars value. We all get that. Assuming you would have to pay taxes and other ”stuff” to take ownership. So this definitely will cost more than just someone doing this themselves. That’s why a single number would make more sense.

So how much are you talking? The total cost to obtain your end product would be the most helpful and honest way to get your deal out there. Just a single number. That way others could figure out transportation, tax, title, tag, and all other numbers/variables. If (big IF) they simply don’t want to go on the Toyota website and use you as the liaison instead.

Last edited: