A90 vs A91 brakes

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
The calipers don't come with the decals here in the UK. I bought these ones and fitted them that way as I preferred it.
Ohhh ok, gotcha

eliotrw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ice Grey 3.0
When I’ve had brembos resprayed in the past the decals just went on top.
The vinyls now are pretty hard wearing.
One thing that is worth doing I think are the wheel ceramic coatings. I do both calipers and wheels on a new car. There’s enough in the bottle to do it all.
This was the kit I used but I’m sure there are others:

https://www.carboncollective.com/product/platinum-wheels-ceramic-coating/

2 coats over the top of your vinyls and they should stay nice for years
Got it, so a good clean up, Attach the vinyl, and then while clean give them a coat of the ceramic stuff, Take it you took the wheels off?

Davidpingu

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8 Civic Type R, Mercedes GLC
Got it, so a good clean up, Attach the vinyl, and then while clean give them a coat of the ceramic stuff, Take it you took the wheels off?
Yep, wheels off and the surface needs to be spotless before you coat with ceramic.
I’d do 2 coats and leave about an hour between coats.
Good thorough coverage will help stop your calipers getting pitted with dirt. They’ll stay looking fresh for a long time

eliotrw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ice Grey 3.0
Yep, wheels off and the surface needs to be spotless before you coat with ceramic.
I’d do 2 coats and leave about an hour between coats.
Good thorough coverage will help stop your calipers getting pitted with dirt. They’ll stay looking fresh for a long time
Nice one, having a think if there's anyone near Cwmbran (parents live there but i'm there a lot and think you live there too) that offers wheel coating as a service who i could kindly ask to do all that at the same time, I'm no stranger to working on cars, I had a 306 GTi-6 i did everything you can think of to, but at the same time, i'm not sure i feel comfortable jacking up my new-ish 45k or so car on my drive with a 10 year old Halfords hydraulic jack :p

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
2020 calipers are lighter. They don't have the stickers for unnecessary weight saving reasons... extreme weight savings

nc_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Pro
I went with something a little different on mine...
DSCF0875.jpg

Davidpingu

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice one, having a think if there's anyone near Cwmbran (parents live there but i'm there a lot and think you live there too) that offers wheel coating as a service who i could kindly ask to do all that at the same time, I'm no stranger to working on cars, I had a 306 GTi-6 i did everything you can think of to, but at the same time, i'm not sure i feel comfortable jacking up my new-ish 45k or so car on my drive with a 10 year old Halfords hydraulic jack :p
You could try Voss auto design in Newport?

I am indeed in Cwmbran! Whereabouts are you then? I’ve only caught sight of a supra around these parts once and it was a grey one. Could that have been you?

nc_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Pro

eliotrw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ice Grey 3.0
You could try Voss auto design in Newport?

I am indeed in Cwmbran! Whereabouts are you then? I’ve only caught sight of a supra around these parts once and it was a grey one. Could that have been you?
No wasnt me i responded to your post about it at the time (at shell i think you saw one?)

I live in london but am from Cwmbran and my parents live there, so you might see me around on weekends occasionally, they live in Llantarnam.

Mine is grey, but there is another the exact same colour i have seen a few times further up Llantarnam road towards the greenhouse side. So id bet it was them, They have all black wheels i noticed (must have painted them) and a private plate, i'd bet that's the one you saw, I don't know of any others around the area.

Will have a look at Voss, nice one! Have you got one yet? Think i remember seeing you were looking at one but maybe I got it mixed up?

Davidpingu

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No wasnt me i responded to your post about it at the time (at shell i think you saw one?)

I live in london but am from Cwmbran and my parents live there, so you might see me around on weekends occasionally, they live in Llantarnam.

Mine is grey, but there is another the exact same colour i have seen a few times further up Llantarnam road towards the greenhouse side. So id bet it was them, They have all black wheels i noticed (must have painted them) and a private plate, i'd bet that's the one you saw, I don't know of any others around the area.

Will have a look at Voss, nice one! Have you got one yet? Think i remember seeing you were looking at one but maybe I got it mixed up?
Ah apologies, my memory is terrible so I regularly forget conversations that take place 😂
I’ve seen that grey supra once in 6 months. You can guarantee as soon as I get mine I’ll see it and probably others all of the time!
I ALMOST have one. I’m updating the UK “ordering to delivery” thread with the details as they come but I got notified yesterday evening that my car has now left the factory in Graz so hopefully I will be in one very soon!